ROOKIE4EVER

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 22 2017 - 06:58 AM

:wave:

A new patch by Lee Bowden to improve the driving of the AI, especially in the corner.

http://gplmotorworks.gplworld.de/

I wanted to test it but can't patch it in gem : error, bla bla...

Same thing with the "78L AI Speed Control v2.xml" in C:\Program Files\GPLSecrets\GEM+\Options OR C:\SIERRA\GPL\Mods\GEM+\gpl67

:please: Is there someone who tested it successfully and could help me ?

At the same time a big thank you to Lee and others for all the latest improvements. The 55 mod seems very promising. :bravo:

#2 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,723 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted May 22 2017 - 07:15 AM

I know it is obvious, but make certain that there is only one 78L  xml file in both the \\GPL\mods\GEM+\gplXX\ folder and also under \\GPLSecrets\GEM+\Resources\ GPLMods\GEM+\gplXX\ folder.

#3 ROOKIE4EVER

ROOKIE4EVER

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted May 22 2017 - 07:50 AM

Thanks Greg for you instant answers cos' it's not obvious for me, still a newbie about gem+. :)

Only one 78L.xml file where you precised it so the problem is not here.

By the way I see that I have no "gplXX" folder in C:\Program Files\GPLSecrets\GEM+\Resources\GPLMods\GEM+ but only 4 files in .cst.

---

After that I tested the patch "Tire Pressure Bug Fix Patch" and all went correctly so it's not a general bug for gem+ on my computer.

Just a precision, it worked with "78Av2 Pressure Bug Fix.xml" in C:\Program Files\GPLSecrets\GEM+\Options and not in "C:\SIERRA\GPL\Mods\GEM+\GPLGT" or "C:\SIERRA\GPL\Mods\GEM+\canm71" though the patch is only needed for Can am 71 and Sports Cars. I suppose so that now all my mods are patched with that even if it has no effect for the open wheels mods.

When I put something in "C:\SIERRA\GPL\Mods\GEM+\GPLGT" or others "C:\SIERRA\GPL\Mods\GEM+\mod xx" it didn't appears in gem+. Strange no ?

Big thanks for you latest 50's tracks addons, not tested yet but it will surely be a big improvement for the 55 mod. :hat-tip:

#4 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,723 posts

Posted May 22 2017 - 08:12 AM

I have listed the physics folder as a 'generic name' ....  gplXX\   For instance for the the '65 Mod this would be named gpl65\  and for the '66 Can-Am Mod this would be named canm66\ , etc.  :)
These are the sub-folders that contain the xml files.

For more help - please post a new Topic and ask Bob Simpson in this forum:  http://srmz.net/index.php?showforum=9

Edited by gliebzeit, May 22 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#5 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Just a fan of Gpl since 2008, fan of plane sim too (Il2-Cliffs of dover, Rise of flight) and in love with music

Posted May 22 2017 - 08:21 AM

Hello Rookie  :)

I'm very interested !!! This is once again a great idea ! It could be so useful... Thanks once more to Lee...
I just need a couple of days before to try it.
And as soon as I'm free, I give you some news. :wave:

#6 rcb

rcb

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 96 posts

Posted May 22 2017 - 09:07 AM

Before anyone goes crazy adding it to every mod,  the 1955 mod (78L.xml) and the 66 Can-Am's (77F.xml) come with it already installed.

#7 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,723 posts

Posted May 22 2017 - 09:24 AM

Yup.  Original post seemed like he wanted to add AI Speed Control patch to the '67 cars.

rcb, I agree with your statement 100 percent.  :)

#8 ROOKIE4EVER

ROOKIE4EVER

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted May 22 2017 - 12:31 PM

:wave: Hello Db, I see that you're working again and again. Diamante, good track !

:thanks: to you two, Greg and Rcb, the tip was good :

it's necessary to remove (you can put in again after patching) 78L.xml from C:\SIERRA\GPL\Mods\GEM+\gpl55 and then you put 78L AI Speed Control v2.xml in
C:\Program Files\GPLSecrets\GEM+\Options so you can patch all your mods in gem in one time.

:wowspring:  The transitions of the Ais between straight lines and corners are noticeably smoother. It's a great improvement if you want to race against the AI.

Just two more steps, more than 20 cars in a race (to simulate the Ring in 67) and more than 11 tracks in an offline championship (like in 68) and GPL will be perfect. Who knows, Lee... ?

#9 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Just a fan of Gpl since 2008, fan of plane sim too (Il2-Cliffs of dover, Rise of flight) and in love with music

Posted May 22 2017 - 12:55 PM

"The transitions of the Ais between straight lines and corners are noticeably smoother. It's a great improvement if you want to race against the AI."

As you said ROOKIE  : :wowspring: :wowspring: :wowspring: :wowspring: :wowspring: :wowspring:

I'm really impatient to try !!!!!!!!! Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by db312, May 22 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#10 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 04:56 AM

I am trying to apply the AI speed patch to the CanAm '71 Mod but it gives me error every time in GEM. Applies fine in '67, but won't work with CanAm '71. :rant: :rant:

HELP :please: :please:

#11 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,723 posts

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 10:57 AM

Leon, I just tried Lee's 'Speed Control Patch v2' with the Can-Am '71 Mod for the first time just now.   I went to Lee's web site, D/L the archive, placed the 78L AI Speed Control v2 XML file in my Sierra\GPL Secrets\GEM+\Resources\GPLMods\GEM+\canm71 folder AND also in my Sierra\GPL\mods\GEM+\canm71 folder.

I deleted my gplm71.exe file, started GEM+, chose the Can-Am '71 Mod carset/physics and let it rebuild the gplm71.exe file.

I DO NOT use the 60fps Patch - standard 36fps
Besides the standard XML files that come with the 71CA Mod, I have these in the physics folder:
77D No Letterbox v4
77E Head Physics v15
78A Pressure Bug Fix v2
78L AI Speed Control v2

The Can-Am '71 Mod loaded up straight away and I was able to dice with the AI at Mosport  ...  and noticed the lower AI corner speed at once.

Edited by gliebzeit, Nov 13 2017 - 11:01 AM.

#12 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 02:26 PM

Still no luck Greg :( and I can't figure out why.. nothing unusual in my CanAm install, just the Historic Update and Pavel AI fix. I doubt it is the AI fix, how could it be? So why it won't rebuild my exe when the patch is on? :(

On a side note, I have been tinkering with the Ferrari 712 cockpit and made a little update to it. I need help with something though. I already spoke to Gianfranco, who gave me some valuable insight. Would you like to join the party? :)

#13 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,723 posts

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 03:00 PM

"Would you like to join the party?"

Will there be cake?  :)

(sure thing!)

#14 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 06:09 PM

View Postgliebzeit, on Nov 13 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Besides the standard XML files that come with the 71CA Mod, I have these in the physics folder:
77D No Letterbox v4
77E Head Physics v15
78A Pressure Bug Fix v2
78L AI Speed Control v2

I DID IT!! For who knows what reason, adding the tire pressure fix allowed Gem to also patch in the AI speed control!! YAAAASS

Thank you Greg, your message gave me the idea!! :thanks: :thanks:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links