#1 Andy77

Andy77

Genius At Work ....... NOT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:music (heavy metal / hardrock) , reading , gpl & scgt

Posted Jul 25 2004 - 09:12 AM

I dont really know why but I love them Ferraris since the 1st time i watched a f1 race in the very early 80´s B)

maybe because they were not really glorious in the 80´s and 90´s . my dad always woke me up for f1 races back then. :)
today he always tells me the story when Lauda won his 3rd title in 83.
he was yawning bout Lauda and the title and little Andy sat there in front of the telly and screamed only " Ferrari - there, a Ferrari "  :lol:

around this time i started to like Porsche too with my 6 years. But not the street cars , the group c ones  :D . the group c porsches must have been a top fav. of me back then too, coz my parents always telling me how i dumped any other matchbox car but the rothmanns porsche not  :lol:  :lol:

a little later I got one of this carrera thingys with an orange Opel painted with Jägermeister, a german touring car back then.
I never liked Opel much but this paint coz Jägermeister was even not 15km away from my home and my fav football (soccer) team wore Jägermeister logo on shirts too.   :D  :blink:  :lol:

I think hat were the main reasons addicting me to motorsports. Since then ( the end 80´s) i watched a lot races regurlarly, well mostly in front of the telly and not f1 only. my dad took me to the german touring car races at Wunstorf Airfield in some years. The best or biggest advantage was f1 at spa in 98

it was my first holidays i spent alone. A couple of friends and I went to oostende, belgium for holidays. we went there 3 days earlier to go spa gp.  on the outer parts we had to line ourselves on the trees because it was too moody at all.  :lol:

I´ve watched a lot races up to today but the biggest stunts i remember are "the move" and Stefan Bellofs F1 appearance at Monaco in 84. only bad the race wasnt longer back then. I started to like bike races pretty much too. since the mid 90´s i try to watch them on regurlar basis too. the 2 seasons in 250s with the neverending Biaggi - Waldmann battle were the best ive seen at all.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Todays I still watch a lot of races if time permits or if telly promotes em. but 3 racing sims caught my interest too. gpl since i got the german demo with 98 or 99 nurburgring program and the nordschleife in the demo, sports car gt by a buying mistake :roflmao: and sbk 01 because of a damn good bunch of tracks . I for me like the tracks in the sims mostly and i think its the biggest reason why i convert em from gpl to scgt. hopefully i´ll get a hang to gpl track editing too  :D  :D

you might ask yourself now , why the hell he is posting this. well , i think its interesting how others got to motorsports, simracing and/or maybe editing.   :P

a weird idea of a lonely german wolf  :lol:

Andy  :thumbup:  :wave:

#2 Scottie

Scottie

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:F1 and Aircraft
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jul 25 2004 - 12:00 PM

Good post Andy, enjoyed the read. :thumbup:

#3 pirenzo

pirenzo

TwoPedalsOneFoot

• Staff Crew
  • 2,091 posts
  • Interests:GPL (of course), rock and progressive/experimental rock.
    Enjoy many motorsports as well as football and a passing interest in a dozen other sports as well.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 25 2004 - 02:52 PM

My dad introduced me to racing when I was 3 or 4
We went to see the F3000 at Brands Hatch, though I don't remember it.
What I think to this day hooked me on motorsport, or rather fast moving objects in general was at Brands, I don't even remember what we saw that day, but my most vivid memory from that event was being perched on the rungs of a steel gate that closed off an access way onto the track at the top of Pilgrim's Drop, right next to the bridge.
My dad said "just wait there, and look down the track at the corner."
I did that, and I heard the rumble of a racing engine approaching over my right shoulder, from back at Surtees Corner.  I did as my dad had said though, and kept looking down the track (towards Hawthorn).
The sound of this car got louder, and louder; closer and closer until WHAM! the car shot out from under the bridge right next to me like a bullet, shaking the gate so hard I nearly fell off it! :)
The sound was terrific too.  I sat there with my dad for the rest of the day practically just being saken to the core by these racing cars as they fired out oblivion it seemed under the bridge.
I can say to this day I'm scarred for life :D

#4 WelfMan

WelfMan

Welf Mandelkow

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted Jul 25 2004 - 03:39 PM

Thanks Andy, nice read. :thumbup:

To motorracing I came through my dad who watched F1 etc. when time permitted it.
Usually he woke me up when he got home from his work and fell asleep during the race so I had to tell him how the drivers finished and if something special happened.
He was a surgeon so he had to work at different times the next day...

Since I watched F1 every day they where broadcasted I only missed 2 races, Imola '94 and Silverstone '99. I sometimes think I better should watch every race because something bad will happen if I don't...  :blink: :unsure:

To simracing I got through GPL, dunno how I heard or read about it. I purchased it in early '99 just because of the N-Ring and was driving it until mid 2002 via keyboard :rolleyes:

Andy77 said:

a weird idea of a lonely german wolf :lol:
I think it was a pretty nice idea :thumbup:

Yours'
lonely German Welf :lol:

Edited by WelfMan, Jul 25 2004 - 03:40 PM.

#5 Andy77

Andy77

Genius At Work ....... NOT

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:music (heavy metal / hardrock) , reading , gpl & scgt

Posted Jul 26 2004 - 03:58 AM

a little later I got one of this carrera thingys with an orange Opel painted with Jägermeister, a german touring car back then.
I never liked Opel much but this paint coz Jägermeister was even not 15km away from my home and my fav football (soccer) team wore Jägermeister logo on shirts too. 

doh. sorry for that, it wasnt an Opel. seems rememberance left me again.  :unsure:  :blink:

It was an orange Porsche Carrera 911 RSR painted with Jägermeister and driven by Kelleners/Heyer/Wollek in the 1000km Nürburgring 1975.  :thumbup:

and i wondered and worried bout that i could have liked an Opel :lol:  :D  :lol:

:wave:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links