- - - - -

Older Racers: Do You Suffer Pain While Racing?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 17 2019 - 03:21 PM

I like hockey. Won't watch it though. While I like it, baseball etc... ENDLESS AD BREAKS make it unwatchable. I find as I get older I've completely lost patience with ads in sporting events and just won't watch them.

So after some bad news last night I decided to bury my anger by hurling a car around Oulton Park and moving closer to the wheel has definitely helped the shoulder pain. The problem is it's scrunched my legs up. So if we can move (whether we can will depend now on if the UCP who took power last night follows through on their claims to cut disability because apparently we haven't suffered enough already) I'm going to need a new desk anyway as this one is knackered so I can try and get one more suitable for a long legged freak like myself. Sadly right now there's a wall in the way of moving my pedals, and I think our landlord may be a touch miffed if I punch a hole in the wall. :up:

#22 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,227 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Apr 17 2019 - 03:29 PM

Finger cramps and sweating onto the keyboard number pad after a half dozen short laps.  ;)

#23 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted Apr 18 2019 - 03:31 PM

Never had finger cramps. Aching yes, but never cramps. And usually only after a lot of laps.

#24 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,626 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Apr 19 2019 - 01:24 PM

View PostSpadowski, on Apr 17 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

I like hockey. Won't watch it though. While I like it, baseball etc... ENDLESS AD BREAKS make it unwatchable. I find as I get older I've completely lost patience with ads in sporting events and just won't watch them.

So after some bad news last night I decided to bury my anger by hurling a car around Oulton Park and moving closer to the wheel has definitely helped the shoulder pain. The problem is it's scrunched my legs up. So if we can move (whether we can will depend now on if the UCP who took power last night follows through on their claims to cut disability because apparently we haven't suffered enough already) I'm going to need a new desk anyway as this one is knackered so I can try and get one more suitable for a long legged freak like myself. Sadly right now there's a wall in the way of moving my pedals, and I think our landlord may be a touch miffed if I punch a hole in the wall. :up:

It would be easier to move the wheel out further. A sturdy board bolted to the desk and bolt the wheel to it.

#25 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted Apr 19 2019 - 06:32 PM

Not sure my current desk could even handle that. It's basically held together by gravity at this point. LOL

#26 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Yesterday, 03:48 AM

Would one of these work and be suitable for your needs, as well as you having enough room space and been affordable 🤔

https://www.amazon.c...n/dp/B00YJWQ8MY

TP: 🏁

Edited by twinpotter, Yesterday, 04:47 AM.

#27 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,555 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Yesterday, 05:01 AM

Shameless plug:http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=12550

Works as well with single flat panel or triple screens.
Very stable, adaptable, easy to modify, fully adjustable for comfort and performance.
Total floor space less than 2ft x 6ft.

:D

Edited by John Woods, Yesterday, 05:16 AM.

#28 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:23 PM

View Posttwinpotter, on Apr 20 2019 - 03:48 AM, said:

Would one of these work and be suitable for your needs, as well as you having enough room space and been affordable ������

https://www.amazon.c...n/dp/B00YJWQ8MY

TP: ������

Now that's probably doable. Depending on the exchange rate etc... Will give that a look. Cheers! (Edit later: They have a Canadian store, they have a sale and, most importantly the wife said "If you want to, go ahead." If I never post again it's because I've died of shock. HAHA!)

View PostJohn Woods, on Apr 20 2019 - 05:01 AM, said:

Shameless plug:http://srmz.net/inde...showtopic=12550

Works as well with single flat panel or triple screens.
Very stable, adaptable, easy to modify, fully adjustable for comfort and performance.
Total floor space less than 2ft x 6ft.

Sadly I have the wood working skills of a aardvark. Huge shame as that would work well once (if) we move.

Edited by Spadowski, Yesterday, 04:23 PM.

#29 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,555 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Today, 07:17 AM

View PostSpadowski, on Apr 20 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Sadly I have the wood working skills of a aardvark. Huge shame as that would work well once (if) we move.

Hi Spad, Good Morning!

This note is really to all who read it because this is the second time someone has mentioned their lack of skills with small hand tools.

My experience with shop tools began in 4th grade three times a week for one hour.

Apparently the school system felt 9yr-olds completely capable of running table saws, drill presses, joiners, and using hand and power tools.

Saying this now because there is nothing involved in making my race rig that is beyond the practiced capability of a 4th-grader.

For those with the interest and opportunity, (well aware this isn't everyone), a little bit of practice with hand, power, or cordless tools will yield substantial rewards.

One secret is "Let the tool do the work."

The skill is to not get in the way.

Anyone who can drive a Grand Prix Legends race car and keep it on track has proven themselves capable of driving a 'power saw in a straight line across a board.

Same thing.

Surprise yourself.

Back on topic attachment from "Sports Car and Competition Driving" by Paul Frere.

Attached Files

Edited by John Woods, Today, 08:48 AM.

#30 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted Today, 03:30 PM

I barely have a kindergarten experience. HAHA! May consider it for a later project. Making a full on rig. For now with the wife's say so I'm going to order that GT Omega Apex stand. It's perfect for my needs. Only question is can I fold and take it out from under my desk.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Sim Racing Links