#1 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 23 2019 - 05:24 PM

Since you lot are the only people who'll really care, and what few friends (not even fair to imply plural there since I have like ONE friend) I have won't understand but...

I bought myself a GT Omega Apex Racing Stand today. Another step down the rabbit hole... This was inspired by a post made on my thread about pain while racing. The measurements seem to all check out so I'm very excited. Plus I can use it on my PS4 with Gran Turismo Sport. (Sorry to blaspheme:))

Just wanted to share my excitement!

#2 Brocky05

Brocky05

King of the Mountain

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:I'm Way Too Addicted to GPL For Anything Else

Posted Apr 23 2019 - 06:18 PM

there is no turning back now

welcome to the dark side haha

#3 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Apr 24 2019 - 08:36 AM

Hide your wallet. :)

I started with a keyboard.Than a gamepad, now a g25 and currently saving for Heusinkveld sprint pedals. There's no turning back indeed.

Edited by Millennium, Apr 24 2019 - 08:37 AM.

#4 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,587 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:20 PM

I truly hope it works out for you and helps you a lot. Hopefully a pleasurable driving experience and comfortable too 😁

Let us all know how it goes πŸ‘

TP: 🏁

Edited by twinpotter, Apr 24 2019 - 03:22 PM.

#5 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:32 PM

Thanks guys! Yep, next stop full cockpit. (Prohibitively expensive.)

I'm still in shock the wife agreed to let me get it since we're not well off and it's quite an expense.

It has shipped. Arrives next Tuesday!

#6 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,587 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Apr 24 2019 - 04:14 PM

I purchased a stand some years ago and for me it makes all the difference. Rather than me cramped up tight to my pc desk.

Talking of Gran Turismo Sport, I have it too on PS4. But I just couldn't get into it. Project Cars 2 and Dirt Rally 2.0 is my fix on console at present.

Roll on Tuesday and with your excitement be careful not to yank it out of the carrier's hands.

PS: Get your wife some choccys and flowers πŸ€”πŸ˜

TP: 🏁

#7 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted Apr 24 2019 - 05:26 PM

My wife isn't into those sort of things. Very unromantic:)

GT Sport I think it's either love or hate. It's not as good as prior ones that's for sure. I have PC2 on both PC and PS4, and I think I'll give PC2 a go on there. Sitting on my couch and driving will be a much more comfortable experience. I also have Dirt Rally on there too. (Not the second one.)

May well hook the PS3 up again so I can revisit GT5 and 6 as well.

Edited by Spadowski, Apr 24 2019 - 05:30 PM.

#8 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,587 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Apr 25 2019 - 03:31 AM

I only have a Logitech driving force basic wheel, with up and down shifter (no H pattern shifter) and no clutch. It's kind of okay when attached to my stand, but I know I need to eventually upgrade to something like a G25-29?
If I did I would have to make and drill a metal plate on my present stand to accommodate the H-shifter. I don't fancy the added expense of buying another stand to fit a new G25-29. Unless I can fit a H shifter and new pedal base with clutch to the already driving force pro πŸ€”

I also use a leather office chair with my wheel and stand and it seems to work fine. I definitely need a all singing and dancing desktop PC. As I am using various laptop's (on my pc desk) and I have one laptop that can go as high as F1 2014 by Codemasters. Behond that is stretching it a bit too far. So a better PC is a dream and immersion I am looking for in the future.

Having said that I am very much an old school gamer on the PC. On console I've recently purchased a PS4 and added an 4gb external HD to take all the large modern gigabyte games.
I also still have a PS3 and an old games corner with a PS1 (soft modded for NTSC format) and an old Sega Mega drive/Genesis. I am in the process of buying a second Megadrive to hard wire for NTSC USA and Japanese games.
Added to my corner is a UK European slimline PS2 and because I love the old NCAA College Football games on PS2 and in NTSC format, to play them I own a big old Phat NTSC PS2.

Phew that lot keeps me out of trouble πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

TP:🏁

Edited by twinpotter, Apr 25 2019 - 03:34 AM.

#9 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted Apr 27 2019 - 05:39 PM

I moved to Canada in 1996 and left all my old console and computer stuff behind. Very frustrating now I'm into retro stuff so much. (Biggest regret: Not having an Amiga now.)

I need an expansion drive for my PS4. I mean I have 1TB and Gran Turismo Sport ON IT'S OWN eats more than 10% of that.

#10 Lord

Lord

Mr. Broken Gearbox

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, Football (Soccer), Grand Prix Legends and rFactor

Posted Apr 28 2019 - 02:39 AM

Now that you're into GPL, pretty much everything else will look like kid's play ;)

#11 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,587 posts
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Apr 28 2019 - 03:55 AM

I would advise anybody buying a PS4 to get the smaller 500gb (cheaper) then later add an external hard drive, because the 1TB from start is never going to be big enough.
Luckily I went for the 500gb as I couldn't afford 1TB. Then luckily when I realised the size of the games and that you could add an ext HDD, I was thankful.

I've also got PSP and PS Vita handhelds, which are great for gaming out and about or just lazing in your room chair 😁

Classic gaming is everything to me. Console or PC. Don't get me wrong the modern games are glitzy and amazing, but I just love the way old games played, were designed and focused on you against the AI more. Now the percentage budget to make a new game as more of a massive focus on online modes, which is fine for the younger buyers, because they're into that, but an old fogy like me it's got to be one on one with the computer.

TO: 🏁

Edited by twinpotter, Apr 28 2019 - 05:24 AM.

#12 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted Apr 29 2019 - 03:47 PM

View PostLord, on Apr 28 2019 - 02:39 AM, said:

Now that you're into GPL, pretty much everything else will look like kid's play ;)

I'm a GPL veteran, and it's still hard as nails:)

View Posttwinpotter, on Apr 28 2019 - 03:55 AM, said:

I would advise anybody buying a PS4 to get the smaller 500gb (cheaper) then later add an external hard drive, because the 1TB from start is never going to be big enough.
Luckily I went for the 500gb as I couldn't afford 1TB. Then luckily when I realised the size of the games and that you could add an ext HDD, I was thankful.

I've also got PSP and PS Vita handhelds, which are great for gaming out and about or just lazing in your room chair 😁

Classic gaming is everything to me. Console or PC. Don't get me wrong the modern games are glitzy and amazing, but I just love the way old games played, were designed and focused on you against the AI more. Now the percentage budget to make a new game as more of a massive focus on online modes, which is fine for the younger buyers, because they're into that, but an old fogy like me it's got to be one on one with the computer.

TO: 🏁

I have a PSP and a Vita as well. Criminal how Sony handled the latter. I also have all the Nintendo handhelds too.

Online ruined gaming. They put so little thought into people who don't like multiplayer very much. I mean I play Fortnite, but that's the only online game I play. Give me solid single player gameplay any day.

The reason I still play Amiga games regularly is because back then the game was the thing, not whizzo graphics to distract you from the fact the game was garbage, which is a hallmark of todays games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links