Bernd Rosemeyer

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:GPL mods, tracks, etc.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 19 2017 - 03:36 PM

I've got a problem after installing GPL with gem+ and mods on a new computer. It seems strange to me, perhaps it has to do with installing all mods, including stratos-mod as last one, before starting gem+ and using any mod.
But it's only a helpless guess and I really don't know what to do.

I appreciate very much any help. I'm using GPL since 1999 and I'm really in love with it. In my opinion no other computer game compares to this simulation.

Problem:

After installation only stratos-mod works perfectly.
In case of other mods (1) pribluda is absent, the top of the screen is black, in race mode there are colours in this black top part of the screen; (2) at the bottom of the screen font size with informations like speed is too small; (3) the quarter (a perfect rectangle) at right side bottom of the racing screen is darker than the rest of the racing screen (racing screen means the middle part of the computer screen, the part, where racing is done).
In stratos-mod these problems are absent!
((4) gem+ doesn't remember the resolution 1920x1080 and every time I have to go to options to change it from 640x480)

Installation:

Using gplinstall_beta1.08 and gempackage_2.5.0.32 pursuant to GPL_Easy_Installation_Guide_GER_v1.6.1.

All mods installed but thundercars, night and 67historical; stratos-mod was the last one, but installed without update.

I first installed and updated gpl, than I made adjustments in GPL 1.3, then I installed gem+ without starting it, then I installed all mods with updates (only stratos without update) before starting gem+;  I closed gem+ before starting it again and making adjustments for the mods.

My system:

Intel® Core™i7-7500U
8 GB RAM
64 Bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX
1920x1080

Supplement:

I have to correct my observations:

1) The quarter of the whole screen is darker at right side bottom: the too small fonts at the bottom of the screen in this quarter are darker too and the gear display is only visible during gearshift.

2) Remembering the resolution 1920x1080 has nothing do do with the problem, I think, because now I found, that in some cases (mods) gem+ remebers it.

Edited by Bernd Rosemeyer, Aug 19 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#2 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 20 2017 - 08:29 AM

IMO your main problem is your NV GPU driver, look to have it up to date.

I would also try if openGLV2 or DirectXV2 rasterizer works better.

Why not make another parallel install of the main 67s and try to get it running.

#3 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Aug 20 2017 - 06:05 PM

I know this doesn't help but general advice is to boot up GPL via GEM each time you install a new mod. Just to make sure everything is working as it should and troubleshooting is easier as you can say, I installed the 65  mod and now xyz not working.

That said screenshots please. I dont think its the driver as the Stratos mod works fine. Try changing the Rasterizers as Cookie mentioned font size can be changed in an .ini or by using bigger fonts. But I'd put that aside until the dark quarter issue is solved together with the missing Pribluda and top black bar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links