#1 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 21 2019 - 04:02 PM

So GPL65 works fine for me. However when i switch to use the original carset, GEM throws an error.

"Invalid procedure call or argument in RunApp"

That's what's in the debug report. Anyone got any idea? 65 carset works. I've noticed the 66 one flat out crashes GPL. That's probably a screw up on my part somewhere.

Really upset as I wanted to start working on my monster rank and of course if the 67 set won't load, I can't. *sigh*

If after GEM crashes I run gpl.exe, the original stuff seems to be setup. It's just GEM crashing when I hit GPL.

Also if anybody knows what I've done so when GPL loads the 66 carset it crashes that'd be lovely.

Edited by Spadowski, Apr 21 2019 - 04:19 PM.

#2 SV3000

SV3000

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:all kinds of racing games
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Apr 24 2019 - 11:29 AM

It's probably hard to find out the cause.

One good practice I would suggest (as what I have done with all the mods), is to have separated installations for each mods (GEM+ can easily switch between mods). While it will inevitably take more of hard disk space (for tracks mainly), it will be unlikely to run into trouble or mess up things, and far easier to find out what's gone wrong (and very easy to backup stuff for specific mod, just ZIP the dir and call it XX year mod).

#3 Spadowski

Spadowski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:37 PM

Probably a good idea. Could use symbolic linking to cover the track issue too to use less space.

Definitely a project for the future. Thanks for the idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links