DTaylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 03:48 AM

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've been playing GPL for the last couple of months. I have what I believe is the latest version (1.3) which states 1.2.0.2 on the startup screen. All has been working fine but recently I've experienced an issue with laps remaining when proceeding from practice to race. On the race menu screen it often gives an incorrect number of laps. For example, if I'm racing a 9 lap race it can often state "Lap: 9 of 9" (or any other number between 0 and 9). When I go into the race Pribluda will show 0L (or other number between 0 and 9). The race will still last the correct number of laps but the Pribluda information is incorrect and it also can affect the race results (on a couple of occasions it seems to discount my first lap of the race). I haven't found a pattern - it seems quite random.The issue happens on all tracks but appears more often on some tracks than others.

I'm wondering if one of the mods has affected a file. I have recently installed the 55 mod and the 67 GT sportscar mods. I can't be sure for certain but I don't remember experiencing this issue prior to installing these.

Has anyone else experienced this problem??

#2 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 04:49 AM

Afaik pribluda counts the laps at the point where the pitboard is shown.

I found this from Ken:

Yes, in the track.ini file of each track in the pit_lane_0 section (see example from my monza track below).

But easier than editing this for every track is to patch with GPLShift. GPLShift has many many functions but one hidden advantage I found when using it is that the pitboard is visible no matter what FOV setting you use.

[ pit_lane_0 ]
lane_on_right = 1 ; 0 if lane on left, 1 if on right
lane_has_wall = 1 ; 0 if no pit wall, 1 if pit wall exists
lane_bounds_dlong = 5370.4 5715.0 ; start/end dlong of the pit lane
lane_bounds_dlat = -18.3 -3.7 ; start/end dlat of the pit lane
pit_board = 14.4 550 -100.0 100.0 ; dlat of board, dlong of board, dlong LOS start, dlong LOS end (last 2 not used)

Edited by Cookie, Nov 29 2017 - 04:53 AM.

#3 Alan Davies

Alan Davies

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:Cycling: Road and Off Road.
    Driving well and safely.
    Climbing, Mountaineering and Armchair Polar Exploration.
    Photography.
    Growing Vegetables.
    Cacti and Alpines (tough survivors).

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 07:48 AM

If you fast forward from practice to the race start you will find that the laps are not counted during the race; you need to stop the FF just before the seconds run out and let them count down continue in real time.

#4 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,741 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 07:48 AM

What Alan said.

(beat me to the Save button)

Edited by gliebzeit, Nov 29 2017 - 07:49 AM.

#5 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Mainly interested in two sims: GPL (and mods) and Nascar 2003 Season (and mods).

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 08:45 AM

Yup... had this same issue and this board helped me by explaining the simple fix: DON'T fast forward all the way through to the end of the practice session. Drove me nuts until I was instructed otherwise.

#6 Alan Davies

Alan Davies

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:Cycling: Road and Off Road.
    Driving well and safely.
    Climbing, Mountaineering and Armchair Polar Exploration.
    Photography.
    Growing Vegetables.
    Cacti and Alpines (tough survivors).

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 11:41 AM

Wow! I was actually helpful :o I don't believe it.

#7 davidj_taylor

davidj_taylor

DTaylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 01:14 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

I’ve tried your suggestion. I let the practice time count to zero then click “Accelerated Time” to get to the race screen. This seems to have helped somewhat but hasn’t totally solved the problem. There are still occasions when the wrong number of laps is displayed.

I still have GPL installed on an older laptop and don’t have this issue. The only difference I can see is that I haven’t installed any mods on that version.

Any other thoughts? I certainly appreciate your help as it’s driving me crazy when I enter a race and don’t know how many laps are left of somehow don’t get the correct race finish results at the end of a race.

Cheers

#8 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,746 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Nov 29 2017 - 02:43 PM

I always have a problem with the remaining laps too. When I'm not leading, there are too few. When I'm in the lead, there are too many. ;) :D
(And before you ask, I'm getting in some early practice for one of my seasonal jobs as a Christmas Cracker joke writer. :D)

Edited by Saiph, Nov 29 2017 - 02:48 PM.

#9 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Mainly interested in two sims: GPL (and mods) and Nascar 2003 Season (and mods).

Posted Dec 06 2017 - 03:05 PM

David: Don't use the accelerator, period. Let the program run it's course even after the countdown reaches zero. There are still AI cars out on the track that need to come in to the pits, so it takes a few minutes after the clock ticks to zero. The program will conclude, and shift to the "Race Day" mode. Then you should be good to go, you can save the practice session and exit, or proceed to the race.

#10 JonnyA

JonnyA

Perry McCarthy

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:Historic motor sport, sailing, astrophotography

Posted Dec 06 2017 - 04:11 PM

I accelerate to the end of practice, but then before the race starts I always exit but remember to save the practice results. That way, if I get a CTD I can still re-start the race: if you don't exit and save, a CTD seems to wipe the practice results.

This way I also never have trouble with the laps counter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links