Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:4 wheels, 2 wheels
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 09 2010 - 01:50 AM

Hi Everyone

I'm on an extended break from home at the moment, and have posted previously about getting GPL working with a keyboard. It isn't fun, so a few days ago I bought a cheap wheel, and appear to be getting what I deserve for that. I have a Dilong 808, which is trying to be a G25 for 30 usd... yup, what a bad idea.

Anyway, after I removed the Chinese characters from the driver filename, it installed, and I went into Windows Game Calibration. The steering wheel is recognised (as the x-axis), and works, sort of. However, it will not recognise the pedals as the y-axis, just as buttons. So as a button they are either on or off, no sliding scale. And of course, GPL won't calibrate the pedals either. So questions;

1. Anyone else bought a Dilong, and have the same issues? Should I expect the pedals to work on the y-axis?

2. Failing this, anyone know how I might get the computer to accept the pedals as the y-axis when the drivers don't appear to do the job?

(If it helps any, I have Win 7-64 bit, 2.4 gB Core Duo Dell laptop, 4gB Ram, nVidia Hybrid SLI 9500 graphics card)

Thanks

Rick

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,327 posts

Posted Feb 09 2010 - 06:28 AM

In the calibration window, did you look to see if there were more calibration screens?  There's a little yellow arrow at the bottom if there are more.

In control panel > game controllers, when you select the device, do you see the pedals there?

#3 Arf Arf Arf

Arf Arf Arf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:4 wheels, 2 wheels

Posted Feb 10 2010 - 01:54 AM

View PostBob Simpson, on Feb 09 2010 - 06:28 AM, said:

In the calibration window, did you look to see if there were more calibration screens?  There's a little yellow arrow at the bottom if there are more.

No, don't think so. In the main calibration tab there are two small windows on the main form that appears. One is labelled X and Y axes, and the other for the Z-axis (whatever that is). If I turn the steering wheel the cross in the left window moves left to right, but nothing when I press the pedals.

Bob Simpson said:

In control panel > game controllers, when you select the device, do you see the pedals there?
The games controllers menu just mentions the steering wheel..but back home with my G25, I'm pretty sure it only mentions one device too...

Edited by RickA, Feb 10 2010 - 01:56 AM.

#4 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:My Girlfriend

Posted Feb 10 2010 - 05:42 AM

Is this wheel even equipped with analog pedals?
Normally windows detects which type wheel/pedal set you have and so it will display in your calibration menu the axis it can detect.
Could it be those pedals just have a set of switches instead of pots?

#5 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,327 posts

Posted Feb 10 2010 - 07:20 AM

Looking back at your first post, it looks like you have a controller that has digital (on/off) rather than analog pedals.

As you said, it looks like you got what you paid for.

The cheapest Logitech would have been a far better choice.

Check out

http://electronics.s...heel&_sacat=293

http://shop.ebay.com...-All-Categories

Edited by Bob Simpson, Feb 10 2010 - 07:28 AM.

#6 Remco Hitman - guest

Remco Hitman - guest
  • Guests

Posted Feb 10 2010 - 07:28 AM

View PostRickA, on Feb 10 2010 - 01:54 AM, said:

Bob Simpson said:

The games controllers menu just mentions the steering wheel..but back home with my G25, I'm pretty sure it only mentions one device too...

You need to doubleclick on the steering wheel in the controller menu and see what happens when you depress your pedals. If you see a progressive bar than your have analog pedals and the problem is calibration in GPL.

Edited by Remco Hitman, Feb 10 2010 - 07:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links