13 replies to this topic

#1 badbob137

badbob137

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted Dec 11 2011 - 08:21 PM

i cant load tracks on the f1 1967 mod. on every track i try to load it says "track cant load"
what do i do

#2 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 11 2011 - 11:58 PM

What are you doing? How do you "load" a track? Almost all tracks now come with installers. Are you loading a track using its installer or copying a track into a track folder? Check to see if a loaded track shows up in the seasons folder, (most recent show up last on list). If not, its not installed. By 67mod, do you mean you have installed the 67 patch, or if not, do you already have 64 tracks installed?
More details might help us find the solution. Hope these questions/ideas help.

#3 s2173

s2173

Skymole

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted Dec 12 2011 - 07:00 AM

That is not nececesely track related... if you cant run even 1 track with 67 mod, and if they work fine with other mods, most likely something is messed up with your carset folder. The game loads graphics for all 7 cars when loading the track, so if a car file is missing, it wont load the track. Try to remember what you have changed in 67 cars recently and try to reserve it.

#4 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,598 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Dec 12 2011 - 08:16 AM

View Posts2173, on Dec 12 2011 - 07:00 AM, said:

That is not nececesely track related... if you cant run even 1 track with 67 mod, and if they work fine with other mods, most likely something is messed up with your carset folder. The game loads graphics for all 7 cars when loading the track, so if a car file is missing, it wont load the track. Try to remember what you have changed in 67 cars recently and try to reserve it.

Good point about not necessarily track files related. "Can't load track" generally means something, (car, track, graphics), is missing.

#5 badbob137

badbob137

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted Dec 12 2011 - 02:27 PM

View PostJohn Woods, on Dec 11 2011 - 11:58 PM, said:

What are you doing? How do you "load" a track? Almost all tracks now come with installers. Are you loading a track using its installer or copying a track into a track folder? Check to see if a loaded track shows up in the seasons folder, (most recent show up last on list). If not, its not installed. By 67mod, do you mean you have installed the 67 patch, or if not, do you already have 64 tracks installed?
More details might help us find the solution. Hope these questions/ideas help.

what i mean is that the defult tracks wont load out when i race of test. i tried to install the 67patch but that doesnt work. all of the other mods like f1 69,66,65 and sport car wroks.

#6 s2173

s2173

Skymole

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted Dec 12 2011 - 02:51 PM

Something wrong with your 67 carset, probably a file missing... if you cant remember what you changed in 67 cars and dont want to reinstall gpl, you can:

1. find C:/Sierra/gpl/cars/cars67 and copy the folders lotus, murasama, brabham, eagle, ferrari, coventry to some other place for backup.
2. Delete the folders lotus, murasama, brabham, eagle, ferrari, coventry
3. open you Gpl cd and find the folders with same names, then copy them to C:/Sierra/gpl/cars/cars67.

If after all that, you can load the tracks, it means the problem was in the carsets. At this point you will have nonupdated cars, the way they were in 98... quite fun to see btw. Dont worry, you can update then afterwards... But we need to find out what the problem is first.

Your Gpl instalation might be placed somwhere else, but that is the default place.

Edited by s2173, Dec 12 2011 - 02:52 PM.

#7 Tonny1984

Tonny1984

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 03:26 PM

Yep, definetely one or more files from car or trackfolder gone lost, great piece of advice from s2173 there!  I've had my share of "can't load track" messages when i was messing about with some car files.  Most of the time, i succeed in finding the 'missing link', but not so last time...
So, little side-question here :  I tried to put the Lotus 49 in the 66mod.  I deleted al files from cars66/lotus and replaced them with the files from the gplea Lotus 49 (67) (complete with dat-file), and the track won't load!!??  Really can't figure this one out, because they both have lotus.dat and lotus.3do (wich i thought were the 2 most important carfiles) in them.  Can anyone help me out with that one, it has been really bugging me for some time.  Any help is well appreciated!!

Cheers!

#8 tooncheesef1

tooncheesef1

Hans Heyer

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F1
    Lanica

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 04:02 PM

The 3d0 will look for files 66lot files which weren't in the 67lot. It can't complete the car and so crashes.

#9 Tonny1984

Tonny1984

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 04:51 PM

Thanks!  Yeah, i suppose that would be the case if i would be using a 'mix' of 66 en 67 files, but i'm using solely 67 files...  All files in cars66/lotus are 67 files, including all 3do's.

Cheers!!

#10 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:My Girlfriend

Posted Dec 27 2011 - 01:30 AM

View PostTonny1984, on Dec 26 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

Thanks!  Yeah, i suppose that would be the case if i would be using a 'mix' of 66 en 67 files, but i'm using solely 67 files...  All files in cars66/lotus are 67 files, including all 3do's.

Cheers!!
My best bet would be that you leave the 66 lotus slot as it is.
Then copy the lotus67 files in that folder and let it overwrite stuff.

It's most likely that the 66mod has some cross referenced files (67 default has that also)
By removing the 66 files it's possible the slots loading after that lotus look for files that where in the lotus folder.

The harder solution is to unpack each dat in each car slot.
Then replace the 66 with the 67 lotus as you did before and use 3dostrn(see my website in my sign.) to check each slot for missing files.

#11 Tonny1984

Tonny1984

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Dec 27 2011 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for your help Mech!  I downloaded your terific program!  It pointed out to me that i was missing driver5(.mip).  Must have been some kind of cross-reference been going on there, cause as i mentioned before, i only had papyrus and gplea67 carupdates in my cars66/lotus folder.  So, i took this file from the folder with files wich i extracted from the lotus (66) dat.  BUT, "cannot load track" ...
So, then i first put all the 66 lotus files in the cars66/lotus folder, then put all the lotus 67 files in that same folder, overwriting all 66 files with identical names.  Then, i run the program, wich then pointed out to me that i was missing benglo2(.mip) (for the h16eng.3do)!?   Strangely enough, cause it did not point that one out to me on my first try (but do bare in mind that on this second try, there are a bunch of original 66 lotus files in the map).  Besides this, its also strange that this mip was missing at all, and i had to retrieve it in the brm folder (it has the same brm H16 of course).
Long story short, i still can't figure out how to get the 49 in the 66mod.  (littel sidenote: i also replaced the 66 brabham files with the 67 brabham files and i had the bt24 in the 66 mod without encountering even one little problem)

Cheers all!

#12 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts

Posted Dec 27 2011 - 10:21 AM

View PostTonny1984, on Dec 27 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

Long story short, i still can't figure out how to get the 49 in the 66mod.  (littel sidenote: i also replaced the 66 brabham files with the 67 brabham files and i had the bt24 in the 66 mod without encountering even one little problem)

Cheers all!

You need to do this exercise on each consecutive carfolder.
E.g. if you replaced the lotus with another car from another mod the next car that GPL loads will be the murasama.
If there are files in the murasama slot which uses mips from the lotus slot those will cause a "could not load message".
So changing anything in the brabham means you need to check all other slots.
The sequence is different for mods with more then the stock 7 though.
Mostly after the murasama the c.. slots will be next but i could be mistaken though :think:

But it's quite possible that the 66mod lotus uses a different tire 3do.
Can't tell from where i am now.

#13 Tonny1984

Tonny1984

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Dec 27 2011 - 11:33 AM

Hi Mech

I ran the 66 mod using gem+ with brabham, lotus and murasama folders using solely 67 files; no problem.  I did the same run again, only replacing the lotus folder to the original 66mod folder; works fine.  In my case here, it's only the lotus folder that's bugging me out! :-)
I will try to fidlle around with the tires and let you know about it, as soon as i am making some progress.
FYI: the reason why i am messing about in these folders is because i'm trying to create a historically correct starting grid for spa 67; using the superb gplea car addons and the 66mod cars.  I will also try to create a drv file wich correctly resembles drivers performance on that one occasion.  As soon as i'm ready, i'm looking to upload it somewhere in order to hopefully give back something usefull and fun to this great community.  Due to a busy schedule, i'm on and off gpl from time to time.  I like both racing and editing (both to my limited capabilities :-)).  I did allready read somewhere that there's a radical spa67 track project ongoing.  Wonderfull, wonderfull news.  I'm a Belgian, and based on onboard images i've seen from that era, without trying to insult Papyrus in any way, i think this allready fenomal recreation deserves a make-over wich will make it more historically accurate, and thus so, even more spectacular.  As i mentioned before, i like to mess around in gpl folders, but track editing is (for now) something i'm not exactly good at. :-(  Where can i find more info on this project?

Cheers!!

#14 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 2,408 posts

Posted Dec 27 2011 - 12:47 PM

View PostTonny1984, on Dec 27 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

Hi Mech

I ran the 66 mod using gem+ with brabham, lotus and murasama folders using solely 67 files; no problem.  I did the same run again, only replacing the lotus folder to the original 66mod folder; works fine.  In my case here, it's only the lotus folder that's bugging me out! :-)
I will try to fidlle around with the tires and let you know about it, as soon as i am making some progress.
FYI: the reason why i am messing about in these folders is because i'm trying to create a historically correct starting grid for spa 67; using the superb gplea car addons and the 66mod cars.  I will also try to create a drv file wich correctly resembles drivers performance on that one occasion.  As soon as i'm ready, i'm looking to upload it somewhere in order to hopefully give back something usefull and fun to this great community.  Due to a busy schedule, i'm on and off gpl from time to time.  I like both racing and editing (both to my limited capabilities :-)).  I did allready read somewhere that there's a radical spa67 track project ongoing.  Wonderfull, wonderfull news.  I'm a Belgian, and based on onboard images i've seen from that era, without trying to insult Papyrus in any way, i think this allready fenomal recreation deserves a make-over wich will make it more historically accurate, and thus so, even more spectacular.  As i mentioned before, i like to mess around in gpl folders, but track editing is (for now) something i'm not exactly good at. :-(  Where can i find more info on this project?

Cheers!!

Well i had a look and the lotus uses the lotus tirefiles so that's not your problem.

But i think your missing my point so i'll explain a bit more:
When you start a race GPL loads all car folders into memory.
It basically loads each car in memory by the order also used in the driver.ini (0= brabham, 1= brm, 2= coventry etc..)
So the mips in the first carslot will be loaded into memory when it starts to load the brm. If a brm 3do uses a mip that is present in the brabham folder it will use that from memory.
So there's no actual need to have that mip in the brm slot as well. In 1998 this was done to preserve drivespace ;)

The problem starts when you are swapping in cars from other mods.
Those carslots have different mips and might cause could not load errors because the carslot loaded after the one you swapped uses a mip that has gone lost with the replacement.

That's why i mentioned that you should check all slots for missing files :)

And what you shouldn't forget is that the slot you are copying from the 67 carset might also have those cross referenced files :rolleyes:

If you are really determined to make those season specific grids the best you can do is unpack all dats for both mods.
Then run 3dostrn on each slot and copy the missing mip or srb files from the others slots so each carslot is "standalone"
Once you have done that the only reason a swap might not work is if the used tire 3do's aren't the same.
A missing ai 3do won't cause problems but will cause the driver to use the ...d.3do skin assignment.

If you know how the car main.3do and car ...d.3do, tire 3do's interact it's even quite simple to have 2 lotus slots (replacing another carslot like the brm)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links