• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:GPL.
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Mar 21 2012 - 04:12 AM

View PostRudy Dingemans, on Mar 20 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

BRM?  :thumbup:  :shock:  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yep, the very same. It has become one of my favourite cars to drive along with the Cooper. I wouldn't mind racing in it (on low fuel) or even in a field of Coopers and Hondas only.

I dug out an old VHS tape about motor racing history in the 1960s and watched it earlier this week, the late Tony Rudd was in it saying the H16 was one of his biggest mistakes. It certainly had the ponies when it got going, problem was it took it a while to get going!

#18 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 873 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 22 2012 - 04:46 PM

Yeah, I like the BRM too, it has character. As long as you keep the rear end in line (strictly! - I once lost an online race on the verge of winning in the BRM and lost the rear in the final corner even when being careful) it's fairly ok, its chassis is not even too bad.
Power it had, too, it's just too heavy for its own good; and it shows, engine is pretty massive (I've stood next to the real car in the Donington museum - religious experience for us GPL fans, that  ;)   )

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank: -40)

Edited by Rudy Dingemans, Mar 22 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#19 Chris Amon

Chris Amon

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:GPL.
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Aug 22 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostRudy Dingemans, on Jan 11 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

If I promised you a drink mate, that still stands, every negative deserves one   :clap2:  - I'll still buy ya one if you gimme a call if you happen to be in the South of Holland..!  

The Cooper is far from the worst car at Zandy indeed because that track is all about line line line (which you can try to stick to in any car). I had far more difficulty with the Honda since due to its heft it tries to slide off that line so much.

(But the Coop is a tool for masochists at tracks like Spa or Monza..! It just has no top speed. No matter how much I pleaded with Maserati to give their old engine an update, no one at the factory would listen  Posted Image )

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank: -40)

RIP Rudy. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links