• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ptmac3

ptmac3

Monza Gorilla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:GPL, radio control airplanes, computers, politics, movies, cooking.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 31 2020 - 06:01 AM

A little over a week ago, I reinstalled GPL after a few years of hiatus. Much to my delight, I found that it ran very well on Win 10 at my pc's native resolution of 1920 X 1080. Last Friday, I encountered some processor trouble that corrupted a raid array that I was using. I got that sorted, okay, doing away with the raid array. After reinstalling Windows, various programs, and drivers, I reinstalled GPL.This time it didn't offer native resolution as a choice. The closest was 1280 X 1024. Any res other than 640 X 480 showed the driving position as down and to the right. I went around and around, trying to discover what had changed to cause this. Finally, I came up with an answer. In Win settings/display/scale and layout, I had the setting at 125% to help with increasing the size of text. Resetting it to 100% returned the choice of my pc's native resolution. The driving position properly centered again. I hope this helps someone else with a similar problem.

Percy

#2 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 990 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 31 2020 - 09:49 AM

Changing scaling can affect a variety of programs in strange ways (and since we rarely change it we forget it has been tweaked).  I have a texture replacer for MS FlightSim in which the click spots were no longer on the buttons but displaced downwards and to the right;  an AV program's main screen was so jumbled I couldn't use it;  and printing from pdf produced weird spacings.  All cleared up when I returned the scaling to default 100%.  Great job Micro$oft.

#3 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,558 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 31 2020 - 10:03 AM

To help make text more readable ... and still maintain 100% scaling ... place this file into your layout folder.  You may always just delete it and go back to your previous settings.  :)

fullrpy.lyt file - Attached File  fullrpy.rar   1.73K   5 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links