Liggy64

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 31 2020 - 05:38 AM

I have re-installed GPL and sorted the mods & tracks into 3 separate installs and everything is working as it should, but, (there's always something!), I have run into an intermittent problem when I manipulate tracks in and out of the Season ini file in GEM. When adding a track to an existing Season file, (Spa67 for example). The file is placed in the Season file and the track appears to be selected. I can go into GPL using GEM and drive the track without any problems. When I return to GEM, the track is missing from the Season file and there is a line that says "Could not load Spa67". It's almost like GEM is not writing back to the Season ini file?

Does the writing to the Season file only occur when you close GEM? I may have answered my own question here?

Further to this, is there a sequence that works better for changing mods inside of GEM? At the moment I occasionally see that I have altered two GPLxx executable files when I close GEM after switching from one mod to another. When I change Players and car sets GEM will often jump back to another car set after selecting the correct one I think this causes GEM to think I have changed something in the mod setup. It's not major problem, just something curious.

Anyone else seen these things and got any suggestions?

Thanks

Patrick

#2 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Jun 01 2020 - 02:26 AM

Use this in your season ini   and it should work  :) Just copy and paste

[Event9]
name=XXVII Grand Prix de Belgique
shortname=Belgian GP
trackShortName=Spa Circuit National de Francorchamps
trackDirectory=spa67
flag=belflg
month=6
day=18
numberOfLaps=28
startingGrid=5

Edited by marco lenarduzzi, Jun 01 2020 - 02:27 AM.

#3 Saiph

Saiph

Still driving 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jun 01 2020 - 04:21 AM

I can't be 100% sure about answering your problems Liggy, but I have some suggestions which might help. Try them and see what happens.

( 1 ) Problems when editing season files.
So you've just finished editing a season file, and you've clicked 'OK' on the season manager screen to go back to the GEM front-end. (Don't use the 'X' button at the top-right to exit the season manager.) Before you do anything else, try re-selecting the season file again from the drop-down box next to the 'Seasons' button, even if the correct season is shown. In the past, I have sometimes found that the GEM front-end can get a little 'out of step' with the season files, and re-selecting the season from the drop-down box has helped. (The season manager does write your edits to the file when you click 'OK', there is no need to shut down GEM to save the edits.) If you want to double-check as a precaution, you could then go to the track selection drop-down box at the top of the screen, and make sure that all the tracks are present in the season file, including the edits that you've just made. Now when you run GPL, everything should run properly. :crossfingers:

( 2 ) Problems when switching mods.
At the main GEM screen, click on the 'Configure' button and check the first option at the top of the dialogue box which says "Link Carset to Player". If you are running multiple mods, and using different player names for each mod, you should have a tick mark in the box for this option. This means that GEM will remember which mod and which carset is associated with each player name. When you want to switch mods, the first thing you should do is select the correct player name. That should bring up the correct mod, and show you the carset you were using from your previous session. For some mods, such as the 1967 Historical Mod V2, there are multiple carsets, so if necessary you should then use the drop-down box on the left to select the carset you want to use for this session. GEM will remember it for next time. After this, if required, you can then select your season file, track, and whether you want to race or go testing for hotlapping. But the main things is, when switching to a different mod, always select the player name first, before anything else.

I hope that helps.

#4 Liggy64

Liggy64

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing.

Posted Jun 01 2020 - 07:36 PM

Thanks guys. I will try these suggestions. Once again people here are very helpful in solving even slight problems like these. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links