Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 26 2016 - 09:22 AM

Two days ago I left my computer on and took the dog out for a run. When I got back the Anniversary update was being installed. So, I guess it doesn't need permission to install if you aren't there to say no. It's a huge update and took over an hour to install with 3-4 reboots.

I started GPL up and I had stutters that were never there before. I couldn't figure out what was doing that and knew it was the update that messed up something. So, I did a fresh install and the stutters are gone. I turned on Pribluda to see if it was gone and it was. Just a little info in the upper left corner of the screen. I turned it back off, because I don't use it anyway. Everything else seems normal.

Anyway, this is a warning that the update will install without permission. At least in my case it did.

#42 Saiph

Saiph

Still driving 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Sep 29 2016 - 08:58 PM

Oh no. Win 10 just told me it's going to restart at 04:00 (3 mins time) to install the dreaded 1607 update.  :-(   Doesn't look as if I can stop it. I hope things still work afterwards. Feel so bloody helpless against Microsoft when this happens. :boxing:

UPDATE: My PC finished updating after about 50 minutes, and I've gone into Windows and briefly checked out GPL. I feel very relieved and lucky that everything seems to be working fine. GPL graphics ok, mirrors ok, and Pribluda working as well. I get my laptimes shown at the top left as usual, my tyre temps at bottom left as usual. I've tried turning on the other Pribluda panels as well and they seem to appear as normal (I don't usually use them much as I'm always hotlapping). I tried the GT mod and the '66 mod, I will continue testing for longer and with the other mods over the next few days. It looks like I dodged the bullet. :phew:

I feel sorry for all the people having problems with this version 1607 ("anniversary") update. If anyone would like info on my GPL configuration and/or settings, please feel free to post here or PM me and I'll try to help as much as I can to get things working for you. Good luck everybody. (I wish I had a beer to help me sleep after all this ****** stress, but my fridge is empty!)

Edited by Saiph, Sep 29 2016 - 10:35 PM.

#43 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Sep 30 2016 - 12:28 AM

The only problem I've had since the windows 10 update is that Pribluda doesn't appear on screen till the first gear change when I go on track. It does this all the time now. Everything else is working fine. I guess the bullet just barely grazed me. :)

#44 snafu

snafu

John Hammonds

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:GPL. F2B (Toy planes)

Posted Sep 30 2016 - 09:29 AM

View Postmarco lenarduzzi, on Sep 30 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

The only problem I've had since the windows 10 update is that Pribluda doesn't appear on screen till the first gear change when I go on track. It does this all the time now. Everything else is working fine. I guess the bullet just barely grazed me. :)

Strangely I have the same thing (And by the grace of God I'm still on W7).

It began happening to me when I installed gplshift.

TTFN
John.

#45 summerski

summerski

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted Sep 30 2016 - 12:38 PM

Oddly I installed the Digital Display Modifier and it worked but my frame rates went from a solid 60fps to 28fps. Needless to say, I'm back to just the pit board and enjoying GPL in its natural state. Only bummer is I can't monitor my fuel.....

#46 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,762 posts

Posted Sep 30 2016 - 01:19 PM

View Postsummerski, on Sep 30 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

Oddly I installed the Digital Display Modifier and it worked but my frame rates went from a solid 60fps to 28fps. Needless to say, I'm back to just the pit board and enjoying GPL in its natural state. Only bummer is I can't monitor my fuel.....

You sort of can. When the fuel pressure starts to drop you don't have many laps left. If any.

#47 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,556 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Sep 30 2016 - 08:54 PM

:iconcur:  Pete, you're gonna love the '55s.  Skinny tires, progressive speed /vs grip, brake fade management, big gauges and a view of the world closer to a truck/bus than '60s F1s.  ;)

#48 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,631 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Oct 03 2016 - 10:41 AM

Windows has installed the anniversary update on my race PC and server. All fine except Pribluda is not working on my race PC anymore. I would like to have it back for online racing. :(
I will have to take a deeper look into that.

Edited by Stefan Roess, Oct 03 2016 - 10:42 AM.

#49 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,762 posts

Posted Oct 03 2016 - 10:54 AM

View Postgliebzeit, on Sep 30 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

:iconcur:  Pete, you're gonna love the '55s.  Skinny tires, progressive speed /vs grip, brake fade management, big gauges and a view of the world closer to a truck/bus than '60s F1s.  ;)

When will I have this love affair? :)

#50 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,556 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Oct 04 2016 - 09:55 AM

Hopefully before the end of the year. :)

#51 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,762 posts

Posted Oct 04 2016 - 11:36 AM

:D

#52 Pelle_B

Pelle_B

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:PC: Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 K6, i7 6700, GTX 1070 G1, Corsair 2x8GB 3000, Crucial MX300, Win 10 x64, G27, BlasterX AE-5, Edifier S730, screen: 32"
    GPL4U: ASRock B75 Pro3, i5 3470, GTX 960 G1, 2x4GB, Creative Z, Crucial MX300, Win 10 x64, screen: 28"

Posted Oct 04 2016 - 07:17 PM

WOW, we are now many of the same problem...the worst thing you realize how dependent you are Pribluda works.Tyre temp in the race is the worst & how much more time you need to build setups. :(

Unfortunately I have not been able to solve the problem, have tried on 2 PCs (can be found in my profile) & one thing is certain, it's not the Anniversary update is the problem, it's the update after: Cumulative 1607
Microsoft knows there are problems, there have been several Cumulative updates after Anniversary, I am now on this:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496)

If someone will see my whole story:
http://www.gpl1967.d...wfull=1#post125

#53 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,631 posts
  • Interests:racing :)

Posted Oct 10 2016 - 01:13 PM

On my system it is not just Pribluda not working anymore after the Windows 10 update, also the mirrors are not working anymore (only in replay).
When I get in the Brabham BT11 (I haven`t tried any other car or mod yet, but I guess it will be the same)
the mirror freezes and the view/pictures stays the same when driving. That means I have the pits view behind me that I had when I was standing in the pits the whole time in the mirror.
The strange thing is when I watch the replay the mirrors are working.

Edit: After unpatching Pribluda with pribpatcher.exe in the GPL folder and rebuilding all G.P.L.exe files by ending GEM+ and letting it overwrite all G.P.L.exe files
the mirrors for 65 and 55 beta cars are working again (and I persume they do work again for all mods and cars).

Any ideas on the Pribluda problem?

Edited by Stefan Roess, Nov 09 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#54 Pelle_B

Pelle_B

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:PC: Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 K6, i7 6700, GTX 1070 G1, Corsair 2x8GB 3000, Crucial MX300, Win 10 x64, G27, BlasterX AE-5, Edifier S730, screen: 32"
    GPL4U: ASRock B75 Pro3, i5 3470, GTX 960 G1, 2x4GB, Creative Z, Crucial MX300, Win 10 x64, screen: 28"

Posted Oct 11 2016 - 02:08 AM

View PostStefan Roess, on Oct 10 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

Edit: After unpatching Pribluda with pribpatcher.exe in the GPL folder and rebuilding all G.P.L.exe files by ending GEM+ and letting it overwrite all G.P.L.exe files
the mirrors for 65 and 55 beta cars are working again (and I persume they do work again for all mods and cars).

No :( ...have also tried with pribchanger.exe & more...now I am gone out of new ideas.

I was lucky to find my old XP disk & GPL - unfortunately Win XP is destroyed & can't boot - but in Win10 I can obviously see the disk & pressed the GPL.exe, WOW...GPL started up & guess what I saw:
*YEAH, I've seen Pribluda work in Windows 10/1607*
Usually I run GPL in 1920x1080 & everything worked perfectly...until I jumped into the car. Had only GPL in the upper left side in maybe 400x400, but Pribluda worked with everything ;)
My old XP is of course without rd3d7v2.dll...this is where the problem is ???

#55 Bastian Grupp

Bastian Grupp

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Oct 11 2016 - 03:20 PM

Here also now Pribluda not working anymore. Installed the update on this machine las sunday,

#56 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Oct 12 2016 - 12:21 PM

On my system it is not just Pribluda not working anymore after the Windows 10 update, also the mirrors are not working anymore (only in replay).
When I get in the Brabham BT11 (I haven`t tried any other car or mod yet, but I guess it will be the same)
the mirror freezes and the view/pictures stays the same when driving. That means I have the pits view behind me that I had when I was standing in the pits the whole time in the mirror.

your bad experience , Stefan, show at least the interest of always using GEM , a very useful tool, thanks to his  rebuilding the GPL exes function .

Edited by M Needforspeed, Oct 12 2016 - 12:22 PM.

#57 Bastian Grupp

Bastian Grupp

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Oct 12 2016 - 02:30 PM

the mirrors are working again here with your instructions

maybe the author of pribluda is still active and will build a new version ? :up:
as well, i dont get digital display to work - do I have to patch every gpl.exe ? it didn't work for gplc65.exe

#58 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Mainly V12s

Posted Oct 12 2016 - 02:35 PM

Edited by leon_90, Oct 15 2016 - 11:21 AM.

#59 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Oct 12 2016 - 03:56 PM

My shot at stupid question trophy: why is anyone running out of fuel?

Leon your experience seems to point to or confirm something else besides Win10 alone being the issue?

#60 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Mainly V12s

Posted Oct 12 2016 - 04:04 PM

Edited by leon_90, Oct 15 2016 - 11:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links