• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,446 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 07 2015 - 09:13 PM

I bought a new G27 recently and use the 5.10.127 (2010-06-14) Logitech 64 bit drivers on Windows 7 64 bit OS.

I can run the G27 wheel and H-shifter in other Sims (iRacing and rFactor) but in GPL the wheel and pedals are detected, but not the H-shifter.  I use GPLShift v.0.79 with “Shifter_Model = auto” selected which the ini text says “searching for… Logitech G25 & G27 Wheel with Shifter”.  I don’t have any other controllers connected.  In GPL I can run with the G27 paddle shifters.

In the Logitech Profiler, moving the shifter shows nothing, but in the Game Controllers window, the gears show properly as the shift lever is moved – and that’s true for both the G25 and G27.  All the other buttons show operation properly.  I have Degrees of Rotation set at 540°, FF enabled at 105% and everything else at 0 and unticked.

The message/green information string that the G25 or G27 is detected doesn’t show, but it hasn’t shown for a long time – I don’t know why.

What I‘ve tried:
- delete the mod EXEs
- delete the controls.cfg in the players folder
- make sure that the Logitech profiler wasn’t running
- unpatch and repatch with GPLshift_Patch.exe
- try a different USB port
- run the profiler with compatibility mode
- try with a fresh install of GPL
- uninstall the driver in Control Panel > Programs and Features and with Devmanview and reinstall
- use the 5.08 driver (didn’t detect the G27 wheel at all)
- make sure that gpl.exe is patched with GPLShift using gplinspect.exe

Then, I hooked up the G25 and the shifter is recognized in GPL just fine

Turboman suggested running pnputil.exe -e but there are no Logitech drivers showing there at all.  Using something called Devmanview, I see all the Logitech drivers listed.

Related:
http://srmz.net/inde...0841&hl=shifter – Scott Morris, has to constantly recalibrate
http://srmz.net/inde...0684&hl=shifter – rdasilva, ??
http://srmz.net/inde...ter#entry109446 – Chris Skepis, Scott Morris
http://srmz.net/inde...ter#entry105023 – Paddy the Irishman same problem as me

#2 G.Spinning

G.Spinning

Gianfranco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted Nov 08 2015 - 03:30 AM

Sorry to hear that. I have everything as you and G27 works fine here. Just noted that you say: I have Degrees of Rotation set at 540°, FF enabled at 105% and everything else at 0 and unticked. I have Allow Game To Adjust Settings ticked. In GPLshift.ini I have Shitfing_Behaviour=1.

#3 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 354 posts

Posted Nov 08 2015 - 02:11 PM

Hi Bob,

I play Gpl with a G27 and  its shifter ( driver 5.10) and gplshift 0.79 on window 7 64 bit : all is fine !

You will find my gplshift.ini in the attachment.

Good luck

Ez

Attached Files

#4 t3r

t3r

edteach3r

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1 1965 - 1977 fanatic

Posted Nov 10 2015 - 04:08 PM

Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the G27.  Mine works beautifully (Win 7, gplshift v0.79 - my gplshift.ini is identical to the one attached by Ez, apart from FOV).

I do experience, from time-to-time (I'd say maybe twice a year), that GPL 'forgets' my G27 settings (I race predominantly 1967 F1).  I solve this by launching gplc67.exe from the Logitech Profiler, going to the in-game options, calibrating the wheel and pedals, saving the settings and exiting (i.e. not actually playing).  When I then launch GPL from GEM+, all is restored.  I hope this helps!

Ed

#5 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,446 posts

Posted Nov 10 2015 - 10:18 PM

I tried the G27 on another computer and the shifter works fine, so it looks like there's something on my racing computer stopping the shifter from being used in GPL.

I tried copying over the gpl.exe, GPLshift.ini and GPLshift.dll over from the other computer and there was no change - the shifter still isn't working in GPL.

Are there any other files that could be doing this?  I tried to run ClrCalib.exe from Logitech's Wingman utilities - a clear calibration app, but it says " No calibration information was found.  Probably already deleted.  Exiting"  The H shifter gears show up in the Game Controllers window just fine.

And the G27 H shifter doesn't work on any of my GPL installations on my racing computer, which makes me think it might be a system file that's causing the problem.

Any ideas?

Edited by Bob Simpson, Nov 10 2015 - 10:35 PM.

#6 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 354 posts

Posted Nov 11 2015 - 07:24 AM

you could change something in your gplshift.ini (for instance the fov...) and thus check this file works normaly

you could also calibrate the wheel in gpl with shift up=3rd gear (button12 on my g27 shifter) and shift down=4r gear (button11) (instead of paddles) to check gpl can see the shifter

#7 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Nov 11 2015 - 08:37 AM

How many times does your wheel calibrate itself when you switch on your PC? Mine does it twice, once when BIOS discovers USB, and again when Windows loads the USB 3.0 (I think) drivers.

Maybe try plugging it into a different USB port on your computer?

Edited by Fat Rich, Nov 11 2015 - 08:38 AM.

#8 Saiph

Saiph

Still driving 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Nov 11 2015 - 11:28 AM

Some wild "shots in the dark": Could there be some type of device driver which is "blocking" the USB port(s), stopping your shifter from being recognised when it's connected? Have you had any other type of game controller (or other USB device) installed in the past which could have driver files left behind? Also, there are some anti-virus solutions which now check USB ports to prevent viruses being loaded from auto-running memory sticks. Could your anti-virus be interfering with the USB ports for this reason? EDIT: Try contacting Benedict Cumberbatch and getting Sherlock Holmes on the job? :idunno:

Edited by Saiph, Nov 11 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#9 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,446 posts

Posted Nov 11 2015 - 01:16 PM

View Postezechiel47, on Nov 11 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

you could change something in your gplshift.ini (for instance the fov...) and thus check this file works normaly

you could also calibrate the wheel in gpl with shift up=3rd gear (button12 on my g27 shifter) and shift down=4r gear (button11) (instead of paddles) to check gpl can see the shifter

The POV functions and reset are all working OK through GPLshift.  I also tried the up/down shift in calibration and it recognizes the shifter 3rd and 4th gears for those functions.

View PostFat Rich, on Nov 11 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

How many times does your wheel calibrate itself when you switch on your PC? Mine does it twice, once when BIOS discovers USB, and again when Windows loads the USB 3.0 (I think) drivers.

Maybe try plugging it into a different USB port on your computer?

I tried several ports.  I was surprized thatt he 3.0 USB ports worked (except for the H shifter still)

View PostSaiph, on Nov 11 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Some wild "shots in the dark": Could there be some type of device driver which is "blocking" the USB port(s), stopping your shifter from being recognised when it's connected? Have you had any other type of game controller (or other USB device) installed in the past which could have driver files left behind? Also, there are some anti-virus solutions which now check USB ports to prevent viruses being loaded from auto-running memory sticks. Could your anti-virus be interfering with the USB ports for this reason? EDIT: Try contacting Benedict Cumberbatch and getting Sherlock Holmes on the job? :idunno:

That was my last thing to try and after unplugging the printer and Fitbit sync dongle there was no change.  However, I think you might be on the right track as there might be some application running that interferes.  I use USB to connect the mouse and keyboard, but I don't want to disconnect them of course.

#10 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 354 posts

Posted Nov 11 2015 - 01:43 PM

ok

if its a usb issue, you could try this trick :

1/when your pc is closed, cut the power supply (button at the rear of your pc)
2/press the start button during 1 minute
3/then re-open the power supply
4/then start the pc

this method purges static electricity that can alter usb functionalities

#11 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,800 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Nov 11 2015 - 02:56 PM

Sure you know about this and have checked this info out Bob,but maybe of help?

Some links that may guide you towards a solution hopefully:

https://forums.logit...se/td-p/1285884

https://steamcommuni...s/?id=276305371

http://fs-uk.com/for...?topic=171774.0

Not related to gpl but may help Bob?

TP:

#12 TurboMan

TurboMan

Jim Clark - Gilles Villeneuve - Tazio Nuvolari

• Members
  • 495 posts
  • Interests:GPL, GTR2, Music
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 12 2015 - 04:15 AM

View PostBob Simpson, on Nov 07 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

Turboman suggested running pnputil.exe -e but there are no Logitech drivers showing there at all.

If Logitech drivers were installed they should be there. Very strange :think:
Did you run CMD and pnputil commands when the wheel was connected?

#13 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted Nov 12 2015 - 07:25 AM

I bought a new G27 recently and use the 5.10.127 (2010-06-14) Logitech 64 bit drivers on Windows 7 64 bit OS.

I've had a look at mine in Device Manager, I'm running 5.9.129.0 dated 27/04/2010 with no problems in any sim.

Maybe GPL or GPLShift doesn't like the 64bit drivers?

#14 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,446 posts

Posted Nov 12 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostTurboMan, on Nov 12 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

Turboman suggested running pnputil.exe -e but there are no Logitech drivers showing there at all.

If Logitech drivers were installed they should be there. Very strange :think:
Did you run CMD and pnputil commands when the wheel was connected?

What i got is copied into the atttached file.  Yes, it seems odd that the Logitech drivers don't appear, but using DevManView.exe from http://www.nirsoft.net I see all devices and drivers including the Logitech ones.  The Logitech drivers are listed there as oem3.inf

Attached Files

Edited by Bob Simpson, Nov 12 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#15 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,446 posts

Posted Nov 12 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostFat Rich, on Nov 12 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

I've had a look at mine in Device Manager, I'm running 5.9.129.0 dated 27/04/2010 with no problems in any sim.

Maybe GPL or GPLShift doesn't like the 64bit drivers?

That's the same as what I have.  I've spoken with others who have no problem using the G27 H-shifter with the same W7 64 system as me.

#16 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted Nov 12 2015 - 12:31 PM

Hmmm, I'm also running 64bit Windows 7.... very odd. Hope you can find a fix soon.

#17 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,446 posts

Posted Nov 12 2015 - 01:04 PM

Well, I hope this isn't getting too technical, but in DevManView I get the following for the G25 and the G27 (attached txt files).

What bothers me is that the G25 is noted twice (Service : HidUsb once and Service : WmFilter once) but the G27 is noted eight times (Service : HidUsb x4 and Service : WmFilter x4).

In both, it's noted "Connected : Yes" just once for each service.  So why all the other instances?  Or is this normal?

Attached Files

• Attached File  G27.txt   14K   16 downloads
  • Attached File  G25.txt   3.52K   5 downloads

Edited by Bob Simpson, Nov 12 2015 - 01:07 PM.

#18 TurboMan

TurboMan

Jim Clark - Gilles Villeneuve - Tazio Nuvolari

• Members
  • 495 posts
  • Interests:GPL, GTR2, Music
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 12 2015 - 01:39 PM

I would say it is normal to have many instances, i have 3 instances on my computer with DFGT. But i'm not sure, just guessing.

About that oem3.inf, have you tried deleting it? (if you are sure that this file is refered to your G27)
Or it doens't allow you to delete it?

EDIT: it should allow you to delete i think. If i remember well, the -d is to delete and the -f parameter to force the erasing. Although the fact that it is not listed in the "normal" pnputil command is puzzling me :think:

Edited by TurboMan, Nov 12 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#19 TomJ

TomJ

ADC Director

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:All forms of racing

Posted Nov 14 2015 - 09:23 AM

Checked mine with DevManView and the G27 is noted twice (Service : HidUsb once and Service : WmFilter once). I disconnected the G27 from the usb port and did a refresh to see if any entrance remained. With the G27 disconnected there were no entrants for a G27, and when I plugged it back in the above returned. Just curious if you disconnect your G27 if all 4 entrants go away, or if they still show when you do a refresh. I'm using Windows 10 64 bit updated from Windows 7 64 bit.

Edited by TomJ, Nov 14 2015 - 09:32 AM.

#20 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,446 posts

Posted Nov 14 2015 - 11:58 AM

It seems that each new entry was simply for when I tried it in a different USB port.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links