https://www.facebook.../?ref=bookmarks

Attached Files

#3 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 30 2019 - 09:10 AM

the carset (made by JonnyO) is all based on the 55 Mercedes 196.
you take all the files in the Murasama, and put them in the cars55/murasama folder.  it changes nothing, unless you want to run the Indycar roadsters of 1960 :)

there are 2 drv.ini files as well.
those 2 are placed in the IMS track folder.

load & go!

#4 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,267 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted May 30 2019 - 10:01 AM

Yes, it is so very cool that the W196 with proper Indy 500 livery looks similar to the Kurtis Kraft and Watson roadsters.  :)

Good job, JonnyO.  :)

#5 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,570 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted May 30 2019 - 01:40 PM

Thanks all for the clarification as I spotted the subject matter on Twitter and @gplrecently 👍

Was wondering what it was all about 🤔

That's why I started this thread 😁

TP: 🏁

Edited by twinpotter, May 30 2019 - 01:41 PM.

#6 Liggy64

Liggy64

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing.

Posted May 31 2019 - 01:50 AM

I'm very interested in these cars. Can someone describe in 'simple' steps what I would need to do to get this car or car set on the track? It's not really clear to me whether I should copy the downloaded car folder into the 1955 car folder? Is it only one car that's available or is it more than one? How do I select it in GEM? Doe it just become part of the 1955 mod? Some explanation is required before I proceed to mess with this. I hope that some knowledgeable person (not me!), will be able turn it into a full blown mod.

#7 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted May 31 2019 - 11:42 AM

Yes just copy the files and it becomes part of the 1955 mod.  It won't conflict with anything except for point 3) below

1) Just copy the contents of the "cars\cars55" folder into your installed cars55 folder.  It should NOT overwrite anything it will just add extra skins for the indycars.

2) Then copy the contents of \tracks\IMS into the same folder in your install.  The contains a driv55.ini controls which drivers/cars you will get when you drive the 1955 mod.  This file for Indy will mean you get the indycar skins when you drive at IMS.  For all other tracks you will still get the original 1955 F1 car skins.

3) In the cars\cars55\murusama folder you will now have a sub folder "player Driver indycar skin".  This has just one file "mur4.mip" . If you copy this file into the murusama folder then you will drive an "indycar".  IMPORTANT - back up the mur4.mip that is already there.  This is your F1 livery, so you will probably want to to reinstate this when you go back to driving F1 cars.

Note you don't have to do step 3 to get the indycars working, you will just drive with a Mercedes livery.

The only problem is if you want to drive the 1955 F1 cars at IMS.  To do this you would need to remove (or rename) the "driv55.ini" file in the IMS folder.

Edited by webfoot, May 31 2019 - 11:43 AM.

#8 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted May 31 2019 - 11:44 AM

Liggy...
there are 2 folders in the zip.
one is cars55/murasama
in your gpl/cars/cars55 folder... take all the files in the 1960 murasama zipped folder, and just add them to the gpl/cars/cars55/murasama folder. they won't overwrite anything.
the other 2 driver files. (1 is offline, the other for hosting) put both of those in your IMS track folder = they won't overwrite anything.

then to use, in GEM select the 1955 mod.. and for driver choose the Mercedes 196 car.
the only track that you will see the 1960 modified cars is IMS - the other 55 mod (cars/season etc) will still have the original 55 mod, and the Merc196  ~

oh man.. webfoot..you beat me by 1 minute :D
good job! between our 2 instructions, anyone should be able to get it done ~

#9 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 443 posts

Posted May 31 2019 - 11:47 AM

ah Webfoot you beat me by 1 minute!
between the 2 of us, i'm sure most anyone can get this installed - good job!

#10 Liggy64

Liggy64

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing.

Posted May 31 2019 - 08:44 PM

Thanks to both of you. With these instruction I should be able to figure it out.
I think this would be an interesting area to create a full blown mod. It's definitely a little known era of motor racing, especially for those of us outside the States. These cars were monsters. All power and weighed a ton.

Thanks again for your help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links