• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 02 2017 - 02:45 PM

Saturday i raced online, no issues not a single hint of anything wrong.

today i decided to practice online and no wheel recognition.
i've unplugged and replugged, both power and usb port. no change.
reboot - shutdown restart and nothing. the wheel doesn't do its usual self-calibration.
so its not being found/recognized by w10.

i click on the profiler icon and verifies 'no game controller found'
so i thought i'd re-download software, except at the Logitech website i don't know to download the 32 or 64 bit version :P

it also recommends deleting the previous install... that will delete my settings - right? that is most unpleasant, but better than not having a wheel at all ~
so.... 32 or 64?
and thanks in advance ~

#2 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,289 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Apr 02 2017 - 03:04 PM

Maybe help ?
https://community.lo...31000050zxxKCAQ

TP

#3 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 640 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Apr 02 2017 - 03:04 PM

Whatever type of Windows you are using. Should be under start/control panel/system. IIRC you are running Win10 so that may have changed. But a quick google should help.

#4 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted Apr 02 2017 - 03:48 PM

thanks for the link Twinspotter... went and followed instructions... deleting drivers/and logitech folder etc. unplugged, shutdown, restarted and followed logitech 'new' software instructions.
nothing.. am told 'no controller device found'.... shifter has 2 LED lights, left on is on, right one is blinking. go to GPL and nothing.

#5 TomJ

TomJ

ADC Director

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:All forms of racing

Posted Apr 02 2017 - 06:17 PM

Almost sounds like the power supply for the G25 is not working properly, except for the LED lights you mentioned.

#6 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,724 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Apr 03 2017 - 10:55 AM

Could also be a problem with the USB cable between the wheel and the PC. That would account for the lights being on on the wheel, but nothing being seen by the PC.

I had an odd problem with my printer the other day. I was trying to connect it to my PC using a USB cable rather than using wifi as I had before (long story...). When I first plugged it in, the printer status software on the PC kept telling me there was a "communication error". I tried everything to get it to work without any success, but then I tried using a different USB socket on the back on the PC. Hey presto, it worked. It turns out that the printer didn't like being plugged into a USB 3.0 port, but an older USB 2.0 port worked fine. So much for USB 3.0 backward-compatibility!

Edited by Saiph, Apr 03 2017 - 10:57 AM.

#7 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 312 posts

Posted Apr 03 2017 - 11:05 AM

its fixed... !!!
the g25 was not the problem~!
i have a USB hub (4) and tho i tried all 4 ports and got same result - not fixed, today i plugged the g25 connx directly into the PC USB and voila~ it came to life! YAY!

#8 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,724 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Apr 03 2017 - 06:35 PM

:thumbup: Perhaps the "U" in "USB" should be changed from "universal" to "unreliable"? ;) :D

Edited by Saiph, Apr 03 2017 - 08:25 PM.

#9 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 312 posts

Posted Apr 03 2017 - 09:08 PM

and no accountable reason for it. the hub was checked and found to be ok. it was the port on the pC that the hub plugged into that for whatever reason... stopped working :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links