syd_drake

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 06 2015 - 01:30 PM

Then there's not much hope for me. This is not a general issue, GPL is the only game where this is happening.

#17 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,203 posts

Posted Nov 06 2015 - 03:25 PM

You're using the DVI cable, correct?

I'm not going to be able to look closely at your attached pics around the pop-up ads that have alread attacked my PC.  A better way to post pics is to just make a jpg and add it to the post.  Just below the text box, Attach Files > Browse > Attach this file

After installing with the v.1.07 installer, you should see your monitor's native resolution of 2560x1440 in the in-game GPL Graphics menu automatically and you don't need to mess in GEM for that to happen.

You said you set "direct mirror rendering to 0 in core.ini" - have you tried using 1?

Edited by Bob Simpson, Nov 06 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#18 syd_drake

syd_drake

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted Nov 07 2015 - 12:24 PM

Just changed all pics to attachments.
Yes, I'm using DVI cable. I've never seen 2560x1440p in GPL options, unless I set it first with GEM. Direct mirror rendering was set to 1, until I looked online for a solution. That was the first thing I changed, everything else I tried was while it was set to 0.

#19 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,203 posts

Posted Nov 07 2015 - 01:15 PM

I’m pretty sure that using D3D v.1 or v.2 in GPL, the maximum resolution is 2048x1536, so make sure that you’re using OpenGLv.2

I'm running out of ideas, so if that doesn't help, these are more desperate suggestions.

Make sure that you have the on-board graphics disabled.
In Core.ini, there's an option [ Direct3D7 ]  D3DDevice=0  to select different graphics devices, so make sure that it's at 0

#20 syd_drake

syd_drake

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted Nov 07 2015 - 02:44 PM

Seems you're right about D3D, With 1440p and d3d GPL ctd's while it gets to the track with OGL. Unfortunately view is still cut off, like in the first post. The bigger the resolution, the more is cut off on the right and below.
And I don't have D3DDevice in my core.ini.

#21 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,203 posts

Posted Nov 07 2015 - 09:08 PM

I wonder if the monitor is showing the GPL menus which are at 640x480 and not adjusting to the new resolution.

#22 syd_drake

syd_drake

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted Nov 08 2015 - 03:05 AM

Yes, actually, that's how it's feeling. Menus are definitely at 640x480, and that is the only resolution which is showing full screen when on track.

#23 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Nov 08 2015 - 06:18 AM

Been following along with this strange issue...but similar to past experiences with monitors.

Two cent wild guesses:

1. While in car, open monitor's config dialog and play with options?
2. Contact Dell support?
3. Dump Win10 for Dell supported OS?
4. If possible, try different monitor cable? (PC or HDMI, although on my rig using HDMI with GPL got no sound).

Interesting HDMI thread: http://srmz.net/inde...636

Edited by John Woods, Nov 08 2015 - 10:38 AM.

#24 mysterion

mysterion

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Jun 29 2017 - 03:48 PM

I've got this exact same issue trying to run GPL at 2736 x 1824 (surface pro 4) As soon as I go in car the view is cut to small portion of the frame; as if the menu resolution is being carried through to the game. I note that my default resolution did not appear as an option until I added it manually via GEM.

Has anyone else encountered this issue since?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: screen, resolution, gpl, grand prix legends, problems, core, rasterizer, d3d, opengl

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links