• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 benzman

benzman

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything about the real world as opposed to fantasy.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 07 2010 - 06:13 PM

Is it possible to set up a race so that only one make of car is represented?  For instance, all Cortinas or all Falcons?  The choice of cars seems to be set by the .bch files under the player's name but these files are encrypted.  Can it be done or is it all too hard?

#2 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Aug 07 2010 - 10:22 PM

Yes it is. When you are on the car selection screen there is an arrow next to the name of the car list, eg. 60's touring etc. just click on the arrow until you see a list of the individual cars and you can select any combination you want.

Just remember that there are usually only a few skins for each make so you will probably want to download some from No Grip, you can tell how many skins there are for each, when you select which car or cars you want to use you go to the number of opponents slider, the number will turn red when you have selected more than what is available.

Of course you can use more than what is available but you will be racing against multiples of the same player. Hopefully I have described this correctly, doing it from memory which often fails :lol:

Don't be afraid to ask if you're not sure how to install any extra skins you download, I've had my frustrations in that area in the past and a simple question here is cheaper than punching the monitor ;)

Edited by Burnsy865, Aug 07 2010 - 10:23 PM.

#3 benzman

benzman

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything about the real world as opposed to fantasy.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 08 2010 - 02:24 PM

Golly!  I just tried it and it really is that simple!  I feel embarrassed for have asked.  And yes, I have downloaded skins from NoGrip and got them in O.K.  All you really seem to need to remember is to only download V2 skins.  I imagine that the earlier ones can be converted but have no idea how to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links