#1 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jun 23 2010 - 06:02 AM

This isn't a P&G issue directly, but since I'm no longer welcome at nog rip I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on this problem.  I installed the Citroen 2CV mod by "grasshopper" and "rictus grin" (emails to both are bounced, grasshopper hasn't been on nog rip in a year);  the mod and all cars appear in the menus, the cars show normally in the showroom;  I select any car, any track, the progress bar on the LOD screen goes all the way to the right ...and everything just sits there.  Task manager shows GTR2 is still running, but I must shut down the sim from there as it accepts no keyboard input.

If I can get this functioning I want to copy it to my P&G install and change the tire file;  I think the 2CV would fit right in.

#2 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts

Posted Jun 23 2010 - 06:22 PM

I have had a similar thing but it was with another mod and it was a CTD, the fix was to select fewer cars and come to think of it, it may have had more to do with the track but that's about all I can add but I suspect you would have tried different tracks and maybe private testing etc.

BTW. why are you no longer welcome at no g rip :confused:  I have only ever known you to try to help everyone :idunno:

#3 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted Jun 23 2010 - 08:35 PM

I can't say I've tried every car (the mod contains about 40) on every track (I have over 220 installed) but from six or eight cars at maybe a dozen tracks the problem has been consistent.  And it was in practice mode;  just as in real life, I'm not jumping into a race in a car I've never driven before (well, there was that time with the 904...).  I've had mods that CTD'd, mods whose cars didn't appear in the showroom, currently have one where some cars don't appear, and one with no gauges, but this is the first one where everything seems to work but can't get the car on the track.

My issues with nog rip stem from a moderator who, for whatever reason, became exceedingly hostile towards me.  He was personally insulting, actually calling me names in one thread;  his posts became so belligerent and venomous that other members began posting "what's your problem" and "having a bad day" type questions. He then turned on them, calling one new member a swine.  I finally posted "I assume I'm no longer welcome at nogrip?", the response - "NO! WHY DON'T YOU GO AWAY!".  So I did.  Since neither the other moderators nor the administrator said anything different, "silence gives consent".  Until/unless I get a public apology, I'll not return.  FTR, I've not been banned, but that's a moot point.  I've removed all my files from there and now seek a new home for them, including the P&G2 LOD screens (which I'm still working on).

#4 Tharnvi

Tharnvi

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted Jun 24 2010 - 05:24 AM

View Postjgf, on Jun 23 2010 - 08:35 PM, said:

I can't say I've tried every car (the mod contains about 40) on every track (I have over 220 installed) but from six or eight cars at maybe a dozen tracks the problem has been consistent.  And it was in practice mode;  just as in real life, I'm not jumping into a race in a car I've never driven before (well, there was that time with the 904...).  I've had mods that CTD'd, mods whose cars didn't appear in the showroom, currently have one where some cars don't appear, and one with no gauges, but this is the first one where everything seems to work but can't get the car on the track.

My issues with nog rip stem from a moderator who, for whatever reason, became exceedingly hostile towards me.  He was personally insulting, actually calling me names in one thread;  his posts became so belligerent and venomous that other members began posting "what's your problem" and "having a bad day" type questions. He then turned on them, calling one new member a swine.  I finally posted "I assume I'm no longer welcome at nogrip?", the response - "NO! WHY DON'T YOU GO AWAY!".  So I did.  Since neither the other moderators nor the administrator said anything different, "silence gives consent".  Until/unless I get a public apology, I'll not return.  FTR, I've not been banned, but that's a moot point.  I've removed all my files from there and now seek a new home for them, including the P&G2 LOD screens (which I'm still working on).
Have you tried to look at the trace?

If you start GTR2 with the command “GTR2.exe –trace=1000” you will have a log file in GTR2\UserData\LOG called trace.txt. That one can give you a clue to what’s happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links