• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FullMetalGasket

FullMetalGasket

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport (Duh!), Music, Trying to get my PC to work ;)

Posted Feb 09 2010 - 12:55 PM

Hi Guys, Hope this appears in the right place, only the 'post new topic' buttons in the main technical area forum just redirect me to the main SRMZ page whenever I click on them :idunno: (Had to click on the 'new topic' button in someone's thread to get this up)

Anyway, on to my problem.
I'm recently started working my way through the 60's Sportscar Championship and have reached Brno. I'm having a few issues re. the race length here as seemingly no-matter what I do the race is always 45 minutes long.
Have been attempting to alter race length in the season's .gdb file with no effect. Which seems odd as I can change other features sure as rolling/standing starts - a race weekend at Brno also gives me a 3 hour race or whatever the slider is set to.

I have race distance set to time in the options in game so am slightly confused.

Did have a search but didn't find anything on his subjuct so hope this hasn't been covered tonnes before.

Cheers in advance,

Tim

#2 HR186S

HR186S

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Sim interest:P&G for GTR2

Posted Feb 13 2010 - 07:36 AM

Hi Tim :)
What happens if you change the length of the race at the start of the championship?
Are all the other races running to the same time?
I haven't heard of this bug before, but I will post it in the bug list for our beta testers to look at.

#3 FullMetalGasket

FullMetalGasket

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted Feb 13 2010 - 06:12 PM

View PostHR186S, on Feb 13 2010 - 07:36 AM, said:

Hi Tim :)
What happens if you change the length of the race at the start of the championship?
Are all the other races running to the same time?
I haven't heard of this bug before, but I will post it in the bug list for our beta testers to look at.

Hi, Have been playing with this over the last couple of days, Have P&G installed on another machine (to make checking paint jobs easier) so I edited Brno's .gdb entry on that in the same way I did on this.
On that it works perfectly and gives a 3 hour race  :)

Looks like the problem was purely that the race length was set incorrectly in the 60's Sportscar Championship.gdb as the RaceTimeScaled line was set to about 37 or 47 I think. With it set to 180 all is good again  :thumbup:

I suspect the reason I'm stuck with the short race is now due to the time of my save so I'll just have to treat it as a 'sprint' race and double check the rest of the season's races before doing them ;)

As an aside - how long did you intend Spa to be, looks like it'll be about 6 hours based on what I remember of it's entry :shock:

#4 HR186S

HR186S

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted Feb 13 2010 - 07:17 PM

Oh cool, thanks for that little bit of testing, I'll inform the team.
I'm pretty sure Lucio made that .gdb! So its probably based on the old Spa 1000km race, or 24hr race. I'll ask

Edited by HR186S, Feb 13 2010 - 07:18 PM.

#5 DucFreak

DucFreak

GTLW - Sound Designer

• GTLW Crew
  • 121 posts

Posted Feb 13 2010 - 08:02 PM

View PostHR186S, on Feb 13 2010 - 07:17 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure Lucio made that .gdb! So its probably based on the old Spa 1000km race, or 24hr race. I'll ask

There's definitly some bugs on that file, glad you prompted me for this.  :oops:

I'm preparing these "fixes" to be included in v3.0, but you can "beta-test" them right away.

Check the attached ZIP file and decompress it under the directory "...\GAMEDATA\CHAMPIONSHIPS\OFFICIAL" folder, and overwrite the old file when prompted.

Notice that changes were also made for some tracks loosely based on the WSC of the mid 60's, so Monza and Spa have now (supposedly) ~1000km length, and Brno was corrected to ~500kms, in this champ for P&G.

More corrections can be done according to preferences anyway. ;)

:wave:

Attached Files

Edited by DucFreak, Feb 13 2010 - 08:05 PM.

#6 FullMetalGasket

FullMetalGasket

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted Feb 15 2010 - 12:14 PM

View PostDucFreak, on Feb 13 2010 - 08:02 PM, said:

View PostHR186S, on Feb 13 2010 - 07:17 PM, said:

There's definitly some bugs on that file, glad you prompted me for this.  :oops:

I'm preparing these "fixes" to be included in v3.0, but you can "beta-test" them right away.

Check the attached ZIP file and decompress it under the directory "...\GAMEDATA\CHAMPIONSHIPS\OFFICIAL" folder, and overwrite the old file when prompted.

Notice that changes were also made for some tracks loosely based on the WSC of the mid 60's, so Monza and Spa have now (supposedly) ~1000km length, and Brno was corrected to ~500kms, in this champ for P&G.

More corrections can be done according to preferences anyway. ;)

:wave:

Cool, Cheers for that I'll take a look at it tomorrow  :thumbup:
I didn't mention it above, but several races also had rolling starts, Brno being one of them.
You've probably corrected that in your fix (I havn't opened it yet) but again - it's better to mention it for you incase  :)

Oh and 1,000km of spa/Monza!  :shock: That might take a while  :D

#7 FullMetalGasket

FullMetalGasket

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted Feb 16 2010 - 10:46 AM

OK, have had a look and a test run :)
Race lengths are all correct now, but have found two bugs that cause CTD's

Each one is related to the max number of cars per race, in both Anderstorp and Estoril you've set more cars than the track supports which causes CTD when the loading is complete.

Here is my own modified .gdb that fixes this, it also has time scaled weather turned on as the text file says weather is supposed to be random  :thumbup:

Attached Files

#8 HR186S

HR186S

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted Feb 16 2010 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up Tim.
Glad to see you got everything working ok. :)
We shall have to check the others too.

#9 DucFreak

DucFreak

GTLW - Sound Designer

• GTLW Crew
  • 121 posts

Posted Feb 21 2010 - 05:17 PM

View PostFullMetalGasket, on Feb 16 2010 - 10:46 AM, said:

OK, have had a look and a test run :)
Race lengths are all correct now, but have found two bugs that cause CTD's

Each one is related to the max number of cars per race, in both Anderstorp and Estoril you've set more cars than the track supports which causes CTD when the loading is complete.

Here is my own modified .gdb that fixes this, it also has time scaled weather turned on as the text file says weather is supposed to be random  :thumbup:

Many, many thanx for the small corrections.  :thumbup:

@Luke: the other champs (custom ones) are working fine here (just tested). ;)

Edited by DucFreak, Feb 21 2010 - 05:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links