#1 DucFreak

DucFreak

GTLW - Sound Designer

• GTLW Crew
  • 121 posts
  • Sim interest:P&G for GTR2

Posted Mar 26 2009 - 03:26 PM

NOTE: THIS INFORMATION IS OUTDATED.
A NEWER VERSION OF POWER&GLORY IS OUT (P&G V3) AND THE FOLLOWING NO LONGER APPLIES!
................................................................................................................................................................................

Power&Glory uses two titles, GTR2 (for the P&G installation) and GT-Legends (for the CD-Check during the P&G installation only), so make sure you have both these racing simulation games prior to anything.

There are other "P&G installation guides" around (seen at least a handfull of them), some are good and reliable, others manage to complicate things, by getting people downloading extra stuff that either clashes with the mod or is already included in it.
...all should be valid one way or the other, but the one below might be the method that better garantees sucess and avoids problems, if installing P&G for the first time.

Next, we'll try to make a thorough guide, atempting to help not just newcomers to P&G, but also those that may have never installed GTR2 before.

...now, lets go:

1)- Install a new, fresh and clean GTR2 installation.

NOTE :    in case you have already an installation of GTR2, so that you don't loose that one (you might have other mods and such in there), and once the GTR2 CD/DVD is placed and recognized on the tray, just go to "My Computer", right mouse click on the GTR2 CD/DVD, then select "Explore".... a folder will pop-up and you double click the "SETUP.EXE" in there, so that a new, separate GTR2 installation will start...
...make the installation path different to the one you have for your old GTR2 one (for example, instead of the default "C:\GTR2", choose a different path in your harddrive, for instances, something like "C:\PnG").

NOTE-2 :    if you have a digital distribution version of GTR2 (game purchased via download), you may also wish to take a look at this other P&G v2.1 install guide by JJC1.

2)- Once installed, patch that new GTR2 installation with the correct official 1.1.0.0 patch for your version.

(this means EURO patch for the EURO version of the game, US patch for the US version of the game, and Distribution patch for those who have a downloaded purchased copy)
When running the correct 1.1.0.0 patch for your game version, make the path (for installation) same as the main folder/directory of this GTR2 installation that you'll be using strictly for P&G.

...we also recommend using the GTR2 1.1.0.0 NO-CD fix (see HERE!), it works with both US and EURO versions of the game.
Please notice that this "NO-CD fix" is absolutely necessary to make the game run under WINDOWS-7 operative systems!!!

NOTE :    There is no need to delete nor change any files from here on, in this new GTR2 installation, before installing P&G, as the v2.0 installer will clean all of the unnecessary GTR2 original content.

NOTE-2 :    if you really prefer to go the extreme safe way, check and confirm that this new, fresh and fully original installation of GTR2 is working and patched to 1.1.0.0 before installing P&G (take the time and create a new player profile, or you can also use an old one). Once that's confirmed, exit the game.

3)- >> Download Power&Glory v2.0 << (scroll down once in there)
NOTE :    in case you have downloaded the three parts download version, place the three .RAR files in the same folder/directory. You just need to UNRAR the first part (it will unrar all three parts automatically that way), resulting in one big file (1.07GB), which is the installer of P&G v2.

...don't forget to place the GT-Legends CD/DVD in the tray before installing P&G v2.0...

You can now run the P&G v2.0 installer and follow the installation options that are given to you.
We recommend option # 2 for installation type, not only for being the most reliable but because it's certainly the most correct for this guide. Posted Image

Next, you'll need to select the path (browse to) to the main folder of the new, fresh and clean GTR2 installation which you've created just for P&G v2... click next... let it run (loads of files installing then)...

...choose your prefered language (to be used on P&G game menus), etc, and after this, if prompted for it, you may wish to apply the FFB patcher (we do recommend it but you can skip this and do it sometime later).

...P&G v2.0 will then be finalizing the installment.

Once finished, take a breath... we're almost there, just not yet! Posted Image

4)- >> Download the Power&Glory v2.1 Updater <<

Run the v2.1 Updater and select (browse to) the folder/directory where you've installed P&G v2... click OK/next... here we go! Posted Image

...let it finish and... *ding* ...Power&Glory is now patched to v2.1!  :clap2: ROCK & ROLL!

Time to get it running, adjust game options and enjoy it!   :drive:  

NOTE :    we suggest applying the FFB-patch (aimed for wheel-controllers that support FFB, but usefull as also provides many PLR tweaks for game improvements), it's not 'necessary', but really recommended (P&G was developped with it in mind afterall).
For that, and if you haven't done it before (during the installation of P&G v2.0), in your windows "start" menu, under programs / power&glory V2.1 menu, you will find an application link in there called "P&GPatcher".
It can be also found in the main folder of the GTR2+P&Gv2 installation.
...run the PGPatcher, then just click the "..." button and browse to the folder where you have installed P&G v2.
...now apply the Force Feedback patch, select the folder with your player name (double click it), and double click again in the file appearing next with your player name (it's the PLR file)....... it's done!
We're certain that the improvements with this will be noticed and enjoyed.

If any doubts, problems or issues whatsoever occur, just lets us know in the forums so we can assist you.

Cheers! Posted Image

Edited by DucFreak, Dec 27 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#2 grizz

grizz

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 31 2009 - 10:19 AM

salvation, when I unzip the part 1 , it tells me that the file is corompu , or take a good version , thx . grizz

#3 pbearsailor

pbearsailor

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 124 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 31 2009 - 02:35 PM

View Postgrizzloursse, on May 31 2009, 09:19 AM, said:

salvation, when I unzip the part 1 , it tells me that the file is corompu , or take a good version , thx . grizz

Don't unzip each part separately.  You need all three zip files in the same directory and they will unzip together.  You must have all three zips.

cheers,
steve  :)

#4 grizz

grizz

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 31 2009 - 04:16 PM

:unsure: oups , ok steve , thank you  :)    grizz

#5 Mark Uribe

Mark Uribe

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted Sep 19 2009 - 02:00 AM

Recently I had a HDD crash, and have been offline for about a month, and being that my PC was getting old and slow I decided to get a new one. The new PC has Vista and I was wondering if there is anything different that I need to do to install P&G2 or if there is an FAQ or special instructions for Vista? I tried once to install but apparently there was a missing config file. My regular GTR2 install has one but for some reason the install I made for a clean stand alone P&G doesn't have one. Does Vista have a problem with multiple GTR2 installs, because it seems like the new 'clean' install was accessing the user data in the My Documents folder for my GTR2 player? I really don't want to both installs accessing the same user data folder do I ?? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#6 aSa

aSa

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 252 posts

Posted Sep 20 2009 - 11:31 AM

Yes, this may be a problem with the current installer.  I admit I didn't do much Vista testing as my environments are still XP based.

Below are my first thoughts, but rethinking again.. it won't cure the actual problem yet as it is written, I suppose.  I guess I'll have to build testing environment for this...  :oops:

When I just looked at a CONFIG.INI for a normal user in Win7 x64, I noticed that SAVEDIR line is still at its default path (SAVEDIR=USERDATA\).  Compared to LOGDIR which is in XP: LOGDIR=USERDATA\LOG\ and in Win7 x64: LOGDIR=C:\USERS\TAVIS\DOCUMENTS\GTR2\USERDATA\LOG\.

So would changing SAVEDIR to: (expressed with my example paths) SAVEDIR=C:\USERS\TAVIS\DOCUMENTS\GTR2\USERDATA\ make any difference?  Take the path you have in the LOGDIR and just remove the last LOG\ part (4 letters!) from it and paste it to SAVEDIR.  I hope you understand what I tried to  explain  :blink:

And of course do this only into the CONFIG.INI inside your PnG installation folder.

I'm not yet sure what changed SAVEDIR would result in, but it looks like the most prominent "option" available in CONFIG.INI

Just change SAVEDIR back to original: SAVEDIR=USERDATA\ if you get into problems with this experiment.

Edited by aSa, Sep 20 2009 - 11:37 AM.

#7 aSa

aSa

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 252 posts

Posted Sep 21 2009 - 01:33 AM

View PostMark Uribe, on Sep 19 2009, 11:00 AM, said:

... Does Vista have a problem with multiple GTR2 installs, because it seems like the new 'clean' install was accessing the user data in the My Documents folder for my GTR2 player? I really don't want to both installs accessing the same user data folder do I ??

Seems that normally the files in the MyDocuments folder are shared between separate GTR2 (PnG) installs.  The shared files are:

GameData\DrivingSchool\*
ReplayData\*
TimeTrial\*
userdata\Log\HAT\*
userdata\Log\Results\*
userdata\vehicledata.spt
Config.ini
sysinfo.txt
I didn't do any extensive testing yet about what can be done if you want them separated, but I see one problem trying to achieve that: Config.ini.  I presume this config.ini will override those located inside the game folders (?).

Could you help my testing and point me to the problem you found ? At first glance the files that are shared won't do much "harm".  All the Career files and setups are located elsewhere (physically in C:\users\Ā«profilenameĀ»\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\...).

#8 Mark Uribe

Mark Uribe

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted Sep 22 2009 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for the response aSa. Unfortunately, real life has become extremely busy overnight so I don't know when I will have time to do any testing. It could be several days to a week or two before I have enough free time. When that happens I will let you know what I find. It could be as simple as turning off the User Account Control feature and doing a re-install. Plus I am also  waiting for a free upgrade to Win7, so I may just wait for that since it is suppose to be out in a month or so. Again, thanks for the response and your efforts.

#9 tema

tema

Chris Amon

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:GPL, rFactor, Assetto Corsa, GSCE, GTL
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Dec 23 2009 - 11:14 PM

Does P&G v2.0 installer support Russian GTL release? I tried to install, but it didn't recognize the DVD.

GTL in Russia was released by the "Novy Disk" company, and European patch was successfully applied to it, but I guess there is a difference between two versions.

Or is it a "virtual drive" software glitch?

#10 aSa

aSa

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 252 posts

Posted Dec 24 2009 - 02:14 AM

View Posttema, on Dec 24 2009, 08:14 AM, said:

Does P&G v2.0 installer support Russian GTL release? I tried to install, but it didn't recognize the DVD.

GTL in Russia was released by the "Novy Disk" company, and European patch was successfully applied to it, but I guess there is a difference between two versions.
I guess you answered your question.  I had no knowledge of any digital GTL distros when the installer was built.  My hands are a bit tight together for giving any solutions here without a permission from Aristotelis.

Or is it a "virtual drive" software glitch?
I have not heard of such glitch yet.

#11 tema

tema

Chris Amon

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:GPL, rFactor, Assetto Corsa, GSCE, GTL
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Dec 24 2009 - 02:58 AM

View PostaSa, on Dec 24 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

I guess you answered your question.  I had no knowledge of any digital GTL distros when the installer was built.
It's not a digital distro, just a localized version of the game. "Russian localization is so russian localized", i guess :(

I have not heard of such glitch yet.
I'm gonna try it on a clean system to check this hypothesis.

UPDATE
Nope, the clean system trick didn't work, so it's definitely not a virtual drive induced bug. Anyway, a solution was found: stop relations w local distribution/retail system. I've just ordered UK version on eBay :)

greets.

Edited by tema, Dec 24 2009 - 09:20 PM.

#12 WPK

WPK

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted Jan 20 2010 - 08:59 PM

I have problem in that after installation my add-on tracks are not showing.  The message reads, "Championship status needed to unlock"

Any ideas?  Thanks, Bill Kaiser.

Edited by WPK, Jan 20 2010 - 10:22 PM.

#13 DucFreak

DucFreak

GTLW - Sound Designer

• GTLW Crew
  • 121 posts

Posted Jan 22 2010 - 04:22 PM

View PostWPK, on Jan 20 2010 - 08:59 PM, said:

I have problem in that after installation my add-on tracks are not showing.  The message reads, "Championship status needed to unlock"

Any ideas?  Thanks, Bill Kaiser.

That's a bit strange since the v2.0 installer (to install before the v2.1 patch), among other little "extras", includes the "unlock all tracks" patch. :huh:

...in anycase, you can download and install it separately from here: http://www.nogriprac...php?filenr=1566

:wave:

Edited by DucFreak, Jan 22 2010 - 04:23 PM.

#14 andy_mu

andy_mu

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Apr 12 2010 - 04:43 AM

Hello

Have a new PC running Windows 7 Have follwed the installation instructions all the way through, but have a problem.
When selecting P&G desktop button the game seems to start but only presents the graphics set up screen and then stops.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

#15 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Apr 12 2010 - 05:07 AM

It does this the first time you run it but once you have configured the graphics it should stat the next time you click the P&G icon. I am not the right person to be helping you with this because I don't have Windows 7. The only thing I can suggest if you are still having problems is to set the graphics on a low setting and see what happens  :idunno:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links