Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 06 2017 - 05:16 AM

Old Simmer,

55 mod by default came with Lee' 'AI Speed Control' patch installed. This is what it does:

AI speed is a complex interaction among several .ini files and the gpl.exe code.  The prime determinate of AI speed is the driver's hype setting; however, it is often difficult to match the driver's cornering speed to his straight line speed.  Quite often, if the driver's straight line speed is set correctly by his hype setting, then his corner speed is too fast.  This patch lowers the corner speed.

Specifically, it lowers the AI cornering speed goal to 90% of the track's race.lp file value.  The goal speed on the straights is not changed.
I found this patch useless for 55 mod because it makes AI cars too slow in corners. Without it it more fun to race with AI cars.

So to try to remove this patch xml from <gpl folder>\Mods\GEM+\gpl55\ folder and rebuild gplc55.exe with GEM+. I'm not at home and can't confirm xml name but I think it called 78L.xml.

Edited by Pavel, Jul 06 2017 - 05:17 AM.

#17 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Mainly interested in two sims: GPL (and mods) and Nascar 2003 Season (and mods).

Posted Jul 08 2017 - 06:14 PM

Hi Pavel:

Thank you much for your input.  I'm not quite grasping what you're teaching me, but I will take a look in GEM+ to see if I can figure out how to "rebuild" the gplc55.exe.

Thanks again.

Old Simmer

#18 Brocky05

Brocky05

King of the Mountain

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:I'm Way Too Addicted to GPL For Anything Else

Posted Jul 08 2017 - 06:22 PM

what he is saying is open the GPL folder then open the MODS sub folder open GEM+ open GPL55 then delete said file

when you have done that just delete the gplc55.exe file from your main gpl install location GEM will rebuild it next time you run GEM

Edited by Brocky05, Jul 08 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#19 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,574 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jul 08 2017 - 06:24 PM

Edited by gliebzeit, Jul 08 2017 - 06:29 PM.

#20 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Mainly interested in two sims: GPL (and mods) and Nascar 2003 Season (and mods).

Posted Jul 08 2017 - 07:11 PM

Thanks Brocky!

I think I understand now. However, after spending some time (just a few minutes ago) at Silverstone again with the AI at 1... I don't think I need to speed them up there!! They are very aggressive and cut me off and such!  Lots of fun... but in crowded/hard racing I have a tendency to get over-aggressive and get myself in a jam. I think I'll make a note on how to increase the AI corner speed as per the above instructions, but for now I'll continue muddling along as a mid-pack muddler!

Old Simmer

#21 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,603 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jul 09 2017 - 02:05 AM

If you FF the practice, you need to stop that at least a few seconds before the end; the timer needs to go to 0 at normal speed.
So you can go practice for a good lap then use FF but stop that before it goes to 0 and let the last seconds run normally to 0.
Doing so, you will have no more the issue of the weird counting laps. :)

This is a known bug that we couldn't fix and happens also with other MODs.

Ciao! :wave:

#22 Old Simmer

Old Simmer

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted Jul 09 2017 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Ginetto!  Understanding that helps to solve the problem once and for all!

Old Simmer

#23 Sid

Sid

An unlapsed lapsed GPLer

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Only the 55 mod will tempt me back onto the track.
    Update: The 55 mod has tempted me back onto the track.

Posted Jul 09 2017 - 02:47 PM

Actually I've just thought of what else I do. If you FF the practice, save the race, exit and rejoin, everything works normally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links