KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:karting vintage racing gpl
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 16 2020 - 08:26 AM

talk of close racing , i decide to install Reims  in the 68 season , and did a short pro race in the early 68 mod, i wasnt sure i won until i exit the track and the gap was 1/100 second :P

Attached Files

Edited by KARTM, May 16 2020 - 08:27 AM.

#223 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,836 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted May 16 2020 - 10:30 AM

Congrats .One year before Cevert, finally after Beltoise in 65 who launched Matra on the circus, a Matra won on this french track ! :up:

What about the 68 carset slipstreaming ?.... it did good for you I see

#224 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 408 posts

Posted May 16 2020 - 10:50 AM

you need a very long fifth gear if you dont want to blow your engine , the top speed alone is 310kph , with a small tow (behind one car ) its 320 ,and behind a pack its 330 kph , and the AI  are feisty on that last stretch ,i was the sitting duck  ,and stewart  had a tow from me

Edited by KARTM, May 16 2020 - 10:59 AM.

#225 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 408 posts

Posted Jun 22 2020 - 06:32 AM

i did the program  for the F2 but its really a good track for the 68 F1 too

Attached Files

#226 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 408 posts

Posted Jun 25 2020 - 07:59 AM

and 2  other 1968 north america events , laguna seca (67)  and Mosport

Attached Files

#227 group7

group7

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Jul 28 2020 - 10:52 AM

Hello to all, I probably enter the wrong place in this forum, but hope for forgiveness. I have had GPL since 1998, but with some periods "off". I now run the game again and has got all mods running really well.
Except the -68 mod. I have all files installed (I believe) through GEM+ i can enter the game and make my selection for early/late season etc. When i get to the opening screen i can look at all options and teams  - everything - except when I press the green lower right hand button to enter the game. it is not active So I can´t get to drive. But the red one works for me to exit the game. Can anyone direct me to a solution. it will be much appreciated. PS many years ago there was another 68-mod where it was possible to drive a second Rob Walker Lotus next to Siffert. How can such a thing be done nowadays? - however my first question is the most important. Thanks Niels

#228 221teddy

221teddy

John Surtees

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:GPL tracks, Mods and Carsets, racing history behind GPL and its mods and tracks, RC modelling (planes), history, flight simulation (IL-2 1946 series, FSX)

Posted Aug 01 2020 - 02:31 PM

View PostKARTM, on May 16 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

talk of close racing , i decide to install Reims  in the 68 season , and did a short pro race in the early 68 mod, i wasnt sure i won until i exit the track and the gap was 1/100 second :P

Hi KARTM,

I just saw that you did a AI race at the Reims track with the 68 mod. In your attached screenshot I recognized that you used the track with its odd original and quite outdated textures. Probably you do not know that there exists an extremely beautiful graphic update by Thomas Lächele for this traditional French Grand Prix Circuit. If you like this track try these high resolution textures:

https://www.autosims...homas_laechele/

By doing so you get a completely "new" track and a far better immersion: a bright and sunny sommer day in the Champagne....

Thomas

Edited by 221teddy, Aug 01 2020 - 02:33 PM.

#229 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Administrators
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Football

Posted Aug 01 2020 - 06:21 PM

View Postgroup7, on Jul 28 2020 - 10:52 AM, said:

Except the -68 mod. I have all files installed (I believe) through GEM+ i can enter the game and make my selection for early/late season etc. When i get to the opening screen i can look at all options and teams  - everything - except when I press the green lower right hand button to enter the game. it is not active So I can´t get to drive. But the red one works for me to exit the game. Can anyone direct me to a solution.

Hi Niels, normally when the green button doesn't work it means that you are missing a required sound file.  So you might recheck that you have all the '68 mod sound files installed.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links