Pawgy

Pawgy

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing, WW2 flying and real Golf
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 26 2010 - 03:21 PM

I have Irridux's 68 carset installed and running with gem+ with the 69mod carset and checked  the 68cars in the lower box in gem+. I have no 68 car pictures.   I need the other files sorted out.
I see that they are available in the 68 layout folder from the 68 download but I think they must be changed to use with gem+.

found this but no files with it. post number4
http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=5029

Pawgy

Edited by Pawgy, Jan 26 2010 - 03:37 PM.

#2 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Jan 27 2010 - 09:52 AM

View PostPawgy, on Jan 26 2010 - 03:21 PM, said:

I have Irridux's 68 carset installed and running with gem+ with the 69mod carset and checked  the 68cars in the lower box in gem+. I have no 68 car pictures.   I need the other files sorted out.
I see that they are available in the 68 layout folder from the 68 download but I think they must be changed to use with gem+.

found this but no files with it. post number4
http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=5029

Pawgy

Hi Pawgy,

I really, really hope I can make this stick now because I've uploaded this stuff for three or four times now only for it to get lost again in the various forum crashes :) .

I'm guessing you already have all the files except the ones by X5 494. Those are the ones you need to make 1968 carset compatible. To use it:

1) Extract zip to a temporary location.
2) Place the file 'gplc68.cst' into your ...\SIERRA\gpl\Mods\GEM+ folder
3) Place the files from the extracted layout folder into your D:\SIERRA\gpl\layout folder
4) Place the files from the extracted sound folder into your D:\SIERRA\gpl\sound folder
5) Place the pictures from the extracted pictures folder into the right car folder:
-- cars68.jpg should go into your D:\SIERRA\gpl\cars\cars68 folder
-- cars68_0.jpg should go into your D:\SIERRA\gpl\cars\cars68\brabham folder
-- cars68_1.jpg should go into your D:\SIERRA\gpl\cars\cars68\brm folder.
etc.

It could also be that they have the be named 'gempic', so if they don't work rename them to that.

EDIT: Make sure you rename your driver_cars68.ini to dric68.ini after you're done installing everything else.

:wave: Tommie.

Attached Files

Edited by TvO, Feb 03 2010 - 05:44 AM.

#3 Pawgy

Pawgy

Pawgy

• Supporter
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing, WW2 flying and real Golf

Posted Jan 30 2010 - 09:08 AM

Thanks loads TvO.   It looks like you have covered everything. I'll be trying it soon.  I have copied and saved your reply for future reference.

Pawgy

#4 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Jan 31 2010 - 09:14 AM

View PostPawgy, on Jan 30 2010 - 09:08 AM, said:

Thanks loads TvO.   It looks like you have covered everything. I'll be trying it soon.  I have copied and saved your reply for future reference.

Pawgy

Glad to help :) . I hope I've not forgotten anything. Just so you know, when you fire up GEM+ and click on the carsets button the gplc68 mod should appear in your inactive window like with the mods. Move it to the active window to use it :) .

#5 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Jan 31 2010 - 10:45 PM

Thanks heaps for this Tommie,

I don't usually get involved in changing carsets too much, but since you had it all GEM compatible and explained it so well I'd thought I'd give it a go. It all seems to be working all right but I've just got a couple of questions.

1. I can't get the picture for the carset to show. I assume this is 'cars68.jpg' that I put into the 'cars68' folder and renamed 'gempic.jpg'.

2. Is it possible to select the hi/lo wing option for the brab from GEM or do I just rename the appropriate folder?

3. The carset uses the 69 mod physics but it appears to not be patched with the latest patch although my 69 mod is.

Thanks again
David

ps and thanks heaps to Irridux and all others who originally contributed to this carset

Attached Files

Edited by Frenchy, Jan 31 2010 - 11:06 PM.

#6 mouse

mouse

"Titan del drink"

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car racing
    Whelen Modifieds
    Club The Strongest

Posted Feb 01 2010 - 10:05 AM

ToV. I need help!

- This is killing me. I just cannot get this car set to launch...

I have installed the 68 car set to run with the 1969 mod car physics but once I launch the gem (version 2.5.32), I get the message "cannot launch weekend" and "cancel weekend" , despite all the gem pics showing´.

If I launch the the game through the GPL desktop icon, I see the menu with the correct 68 gem pic, along with the correct player and team gem pics. I then launch a training session with the 68 murasama high wing car but the 1967 murasama car appears instead.

I´d sure appreciate if you explain exactly how you got the 1968 car set to launch. It should be straight forward I bet given your already clear indications. I am a newbie.

But I am having no luck.

Update.
I finally got to launch the 68 carset through gem. The bad news is that each car is only available in testing format. When I select race it loads - then bounces back to the gem.

... And to boot. I cannot see the team and player menus either, it just bounces back to gem.

Edited by mouse, Feb 01 2010 - 02:37 PM.

#7 niki

niki

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted Feb 02 2010 - 03:49 AM

Confirm,i have the same problem of Mouse,the Mod1968 is possible only in the practice mod,not Race and World Championsip,plus i've not possibility to enter in the Info Player and Info Team.
Is possible to risolve this problem?
Thank you!
Bye Niki

#8 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Feb 02 2010 - 05:37 AM

[quote name='Frenchy' date='01 February 2010 - 05:45 AM' timestamp='1264999538' post='41860']
Thanks heaps for this Tommie,

I don't usually get involved in changing carsets too much, but since you had it all GEM compatible and explained it so well I'd thought I'd give it a go. It all seems to be working all right but I've just got a couple of questions.

1. I can't get the picture for the carset to show. I assume this is 'cars68.jpg' that I put into the 'cars68' folder and renamed 'gempic.jpg'.

2. Is it possible to select the hi/lo wing option for the brab from GEM or do I just rename the appropriate folder?

3. The carset uses the 69 mod physics but it appears to not be patched with the latest patch although my 69 mod is.

Thanks again
David

ps and thanks heaps to Irridux and all others who originally contributed to this carset
[/quote]

Hi all,

I'm away from home at the moment so don't have all the answers yet, however here are a few ideas.

[quote]1. I can't get the picture for the carset to show. I assume this is 'cars68.jpg' that I put into the 'cars68' folder and renamed 'gempic.jpg'.
[/quote]

Hmm that is odd but there might be a workaround. Try putting a 'cars68.jpg' file into the root picture directory of GEM+, which should be called GPLSecrets/pictures I believe. Maybe that works. Be sure to name the file cars68.jpg and not cars68.jpg.jpg because you computer is hiding the extention.

[quote]2. Is it possible to select the hi/lo wing option for the brab from GEM or do I just rename the appropriate folder?[/quote]

What you could do is make a copy of cars68, rename it car68L and replace your brabham folder with the low winged version. Now you can select that carset via GEM+.

[quote]3. The carset uses the 69 mod physics but it appears to not be patched with the latest patch although my 69 mod is.[/quote]

It's patched with the latest 1969 mod patch but it does not use the latest layout files but an older version. As a result you will probably have a crash to desktop if you try to open the team info menu, as encountered by Mouse. Still has to be fixed by someone.

[quote]I finally got to launch the 68 carset through gem. The bad news is that each car is only available in testing format. When I select race it loads - then bounces back to the gem. [/quote]

This definately sounds like a carset problem rather than a GEM+ problem per se. Make sure you use to correct AI driver.ini. From the top of my head it is called drvc68.ini or dric68.ini or driv68.ini, but I could be wrong. The supplied AI driver file is called driver_cars68.ini but should be renamed. You can check it in GEM+ by selecting the season in the carsets window (after you've clicked the carsets button).

If that isn't the problem you could try this:

copy every number 4 3do (=bra4.3do, brm4.3do etc) in the various car folders (=brabham, brm etc) and rename them to the default 3do (=brad.3do, brmd.3do etc). Backup your old default 3do if necessary. Perhaps that will load your carset if nothing else will. However I think it is due to using the wrong AI driver file, and because these default 3do's cause the game to crash (mistake on the 1968 carset part since these are conceived as a safety net for problems) the game crashes.

Edited by TvO, Feb 02 2010 - 05:46 AM.

#9 mouse

mouse

"Titan del drink"

• Members
  • 283 posts
    Whelen Modifieds
    Club The Strongest

Posted Feb 02 2010 - 08:45 AM

Cheers Tommie

I wasn't sure about how to change the ini file name. I originally changed it from driver_Cars68.ini to dric68_Cars68.ini.

I´ll rename it to dric68.ini.

I hope I´m on the same page.

:wave:

Edited by mouse, Feb 02 2010 - 08:47 AM.

#10 mouse

mouse

"Titan del drink"

• Members
  • 283 posts
    Whelen Modifieds
    Club The Strongest

Posted Feb 02 2010 - 04:35 PM

Success !! :excited:

Yup the ini file name was the problem.

Niki make sure your ini file name reads dric68.ini

Attached Files

Edited by mouse, Feb 02 2010 - 04:39 PM.

#11 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Feb 03 2010 - 05:42 AM

Glad you found it :) . I hope the AI speeds are okay, if they are too slow you can speed them up by making the AI speed number lower than '1' (1 is the default speed, 0.95 is about a second faster, and 1.05 is about a second faster) in the GEM+ window.

#12 niki

niki

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted Feb 03 2010 - 07:01 AM

Yes thank you guys,now i can entry in  the race,but i have now only the problem is not possible to entry in Info Player and Info Team...Why?
Thanks a lot,and sorry my bad english
Bye Niki

#13 niki

niki

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted Feb 03 2010 - 07:48 AM

Another little proble,why in the entry list the Mc Laren Team(Mc Laren and Hulme) and the Matra Team(Stewart,Servoz Gavin and Beltoise)is under the Team Lotus?
Is it possible to change names of the team?
Thanks
Niki

#14 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Feb 03 2010 - 09:44 AM

View Postniki, on Feb 03 2010 - 07:01 AM, said:

Yes thank you guys,now i can entry in  the race,but i have now only the problem is not possible to entry in Info Player and Info Team...Why?
Thanks a lot,and sorry my bad english
Bye Niki

View PostTvO, on Feb 02 2010 - 05:37 AM, said:

It's patched with the latest 1969 mod patch but it does not use the latest layout files but an older version. As a result you will probably have a crash to desktop if you try to open the team info menu, as encountered by Mouse. Still has to be fixed by someone.

:)

View Postniki, on Feb 03 2010 - 07:48 AM, said:

Another little proble,why in the entry list the Mc Laren Team(Mc Laren and Hulme) and the Matra Team(Stewart,Servoz Gavin and Beltoise)is under the Team Lotus?
Is it possible to change names of the team?
Thanks
Niki

As there were 9 teams in 1969 and only 7 slots to put them in, the McLaren and Matra teams are sharing slots with the Lotus team. It's the only way to get them in game at the moment. When a complete 1968 mod will be made the slots will be separated of course.

#15 niki

niki

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted Feb 04 2010 - 11:03 AM

Thanks TvO
you have news when released the Mod1968?
Bye
Niki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links