#1 charli181

charli181

Pedro Rodriquez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 07:43 AM

I am looking to talk to the dev of Pribdula so I can gather information on how I can collect real time data like prib so I can display it on an lcd touch screen via a com port. This is a project in the making and I am trying to investigate if it is possible. I know a digital display in the 60's was not available but hey.... why not !!!

I found an old reference to GPLHod and the sdk but it is in VS6 C language, which I know nothing about and am struggling to incorporate into the latest vs 2008/2010 environment, and I am looking to see if there is a dll or something available to get the information from the game.

I do have the ability to program (not C/C++) so I can write another program to send the details to The second display which will be a slave device on an arduino board which can be communicated to via a serial comms unless the prib dev wants to add the ability to transmit data to a com port. Doing it this way will allow for my smaller lcd display not to be affected by the screen res switch over when GPL is started.

Any response would be appreciated...

Sean.

#2 brr

brr

a GPL editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 08:03 AM

View Postcharli181, on Feb 28 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

I found an old reference to GPLHod and the sdk but it is in VS6 C language, which I know nothing about and am struggling to incorporate into the latest vs 2008/2010 environment, and I am looking to see if there is a dll or something available to get the information from the game.

Nevertheless, the minisdk by Tom de Muer is your best option. Since you know how to program, it should not be too difficult to make a small C/C++ program to do what you describe. I'm sure you can find some example C code writing data to a com port, and then combine that with the sample program (just ten lines of actual code) which comes with the minisdk.

#3 voda1

voda1

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 11:25 AM

It would be nice to be able use modern apps like Motec, DashMeter Pro, SimVibe, ect.

#4 charli181

charli181

Pedro Rodriquez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted Mar 04 2013 - 07:41 PM

Not having much luck in compiling the mini SDK, have sent on email to Tom to see if he cdan help me out....

#5 John Ollis

John Ollis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted Aug 04 2019 - 05:33 AM

No doubt I'm replying far too late to help charli181, but just in case anyone else finds this thread and has a similar project...

As Petteri suggested, the GPL Mini SDK is the best and quickest way to address this sort of project.

I started a project in 2009 and used the Mini SDK. I have successfully compiled and used it on Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2015 Community Edition on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Tom was very fast to respond to my emails and helped me greatly to get my project up and running. The Mini SDK is still a central component of my project and without it I wouldn't have had a viable project. So kudos to Tom - a very valuable piece of work completed in the early days of GPL modding (the time leading up to the 65 mod).

With suitable C/C++ skills there are multiple ways to interface with devices and other programs, e.g. using a network socket.

#6 Olaf Lehmann

Olaf Lehmann

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted Aug 05 2019 - 07:42 AM

I have no experiance to display data at a first or second screen.

But I use Tom de Muers SDK since nine years for a telemetry tool. It works very good, but I had a small issue. One value (the difference from start/finish line) is missing Online.
If anyone have especially a problem with it I can help.

BR Olaf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links