• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 17 2012 - 08:28 AM

thousand thks for those improvement  :thumbup:

Gianfranco,

I am only dreaming, but maybe is it possible to have different textures for the same driver suit/slot; If yes, it wld be possible to use your  Irwin and Surtees body textures ( BRM slot) for Rees and Rindt ( Brabham slot)
  fact is Rees and Rindt Winkelmann team  drivers had partnership, with BP and Firestone, like the Surtees/Lola team, instead of Esso and Good Year for the Brabham Work team .

#17 G.Spinning

G.Spinning

Gianfranco

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted Jan 17 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostM Needforspeed, on Jan 17 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

thousand thks for those improvement  :thumbup:

Gianfranco,

I am only dreaming, but maybe is it possible to have different textures for the same driver suit/slot; If yes, it wld be possible to use your  Irwin and Surtees body textures ( BRM slot) for Rees and Rindt ( Brabham slot)
  fact is Rees and Rindt Winkelmann team  drivers had partnership, with BP and Firestone, like the Surtees/Lola team, instead of Esso and Good Year for the Brabham Work team .
Hi Michel,
Unfortunately it is not possible, or I should better say I am not able, because as you have realized the Brabham Work cars and the Winkelmann’s  are using the same slot and car 3do.  Instead I have another question that probably only you will be able to answer. I noted that  the F2 mod Team Information indicates  Goodyear for the  McLaren M4A tyres. Firestone for  the Protos 16 and Dunlop for the Ian Raby Brabham BT14. According to that I also have Goodyear in McLaren’s suits and  Firestone in the Protos. However,  the modelled cars have at the moment respectively Dunlop, Dunlop and Goodyer tyres.  I would like to know, if possible, how it was, so to determine whether it makes sense to release a change of tyres patch and update Raby’s  suit.

Gianfranco  :wave:

#18 G.Spinning

G.Spinning

Gianfranco

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted Jan 17 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostRemy, on Jan 17 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

View PostMECH, on Jan 17 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

Maybe include in the next update and give credit to Mr. Spinning if he agrees? ;)

Sure :)

Although I do not deserve it, I could never say no. I would be honoured.  :rolleyes:

Gianfranco

#19 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,468 posts

Posted Jan 17 2012 - 09:52 AM

thanks to point us to that, Gianfranco ! You noticed a small bug

That 's the team infos menus and your suits  that are correct, and the tyres on the cars that are wrong !

1 Mc Laren raced on Good Year, but Dunlop can be acceptable on this slot, cause Courage run on Dunlop; And as for the drivers suits,  changing tyres texture for each car on the same slot, and the game CTD. So we had a decision to choose one tyre make only.

2 Rodriguez and Protos had Firestone

3 Raby ran on Dunlop, Although we aren't sure for all rounds, as private entrants didn 't have a season manufacturer contract, like the Matra work team that tested 4 differents tyres makes ;The interesting thing is they tested Michelin for practice sessions at Reims, for instance, at a time when this manufacturer wasn 't involved in racing tyres

Your  question allow us to warn how much tyres choice and compound/ make was a key factor to get the extra speed.for F2s

Edited by M Needforspeed, Jan 17 2012 - 09:59 AM.

#20 GORDON_S

GORDON_S

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 232 posts

Posted Jan 17 2012 - 10:24 AM

Nice :cool:
Thanks G.S. :thumbup:

G. S.:P

#21 G.Spinning

G.Spinning

Gianfranco

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted Jan 17 2012 - 11:09 AM

Michel,

I am amazed about how knowledgeable you are on car racing history!  I feel to congratulate again the F2 mod team, and you are part of it, for the high quality and fidelity of this mod because I am sure it must not have been easy to find photos, info, specs etc. of these cars, now 45 years old, and certainly not as famous as their big F1 sisters. I think this is also what makes GPL yet unbeatable! :hat-tip:

Concerning the tyres, I have already made for me the Goodyear for the McLaren, I think they fit better with the new suits labelled with the GY, and the Firestone for the Protos.  I might upload them during the weekend together with the Dunlop for Ian Raby. For the latter I guess in addition to the usual photoshopping, I have to change some names and 3do and see if it works.

Gianfranco

#22 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,468 posts

Posted Jan 17 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostG.Spinning, on Jan 17 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Michel,

I am amazed about how knowledgeable you are on car racing history!  I feel to congratulate again the F2 mod team, and you are part of it, for the high quality and fidelity of this mod because I am sure it must not have been easy to find photos, info, specs etc. of these cars, now 45 years old, and certainly not as famous as their big F1 sisters. I think this is also what makes GPL yet unbeatable! :hat-tip:

Concerning the tyres, I have already made for me the Goodyear for the McLaren, I think they fit better with the new suits labelled with the GY, and the Firestone for the Protos.  I might upload them during the weekend together with the Dunlop for Ian Raby. For the latter I guess in addition to the usual photoshopping, I have to change some names and 3do and see if it works.

Gianfranco
  When the project will go with track specific DrivF2.ini, at least for the EC rounds, we will use new faces for the track/ team infos menu .Those faces will show sometimes driver eyes that cld be worked on ... Many drivers don't show in any other GPL carset

What complicate the team work with the F2 is the number of drivers who entered races in 67.We have already 48 faces ready for a possible drop in the layout folder

What is funny is on an older versions of the carsets we used for testing at the GPL Repository, the Protos, Raby and the Mc Laren had the correct racing tyres !  :duh:

Edited by M Needforspeed, Jan 17 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#23 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,468 posts

Posted Jan 17 2012 - 04:43 PM

Edited by M Needforspeed, Jan 17 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#24 burt

burt

burt

• Supporter
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Interests

Posted Jan 17 2012 - 05:08 PM

Very nice addon :thumbup:

Thankyou Gianfranco

Burt

#25 G.Spinning

G.Spinning

Gianfranco

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 11:16 AM

I have added on post # 1 a new suit and helm for Ian Raby (Brabham BT14 - car c09) with a Dunlop label. I will post new tyres for his BT14, Protos and McLaren on a new topic. :wave:

Attached Thumbnails

• gplcf2 2012-01-20 17-55-04-24.jpg

#26 svenvangent

svenvangent

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:GPl natuurlijk .... what else !
    And Projectcars perhaps !
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jan 20 2012 - 12:14 PM

:thumbup:  :hat-tip:

#27 Arno

Arno

Cevert 73

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:GPL of course and GoKart