#21 FloP

FloP

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 20 2011 - 10:12 AM

The GPL mod team just wouldn't be the GPL mod team if you didn't find a way sooner or later! :thumbup:

#22 tooncheesef1

tooncheesef1

Hans Heyer

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:GPL
    F1
    Lanica

Posted Sep 20 2011 - 10:44 AM

Great job delgs  :clap2:

#23 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 902 posts

Posted Sep 20 2011 - 01:58 PM

Well, the fact is if it's necessary to model 4WD cars if they almost did not raced. I don't know preferences of modders, but I guess it's better to invest that time in another things...

Cheers, Marcos.

#24 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted Sep 20 2011 - 03:10 PM

View PostFloP, on Sep 20 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

The GPL mod team just wouldn't be the GPL mod team if you didn't find a way sooner or later! :thumbup:

I'm afraid those kinds of major changes to the physics code is beyond our reach.  Others such as Nigel could perhaps do that, but since he is long gone now, we'll have to live with what we've got.

That isn't all bad as we do have control over hundreds of variables to tailor the physics, but there are limits on what is possible.

For a trivial example, if you take the equation; X=2*Y, we can change the constant 2 to a 4 or any other number, but we can't change the basic equation to; X=2/Y.

Lee

#25 FloP

FloP

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted Sep 20 2011 - 03:30 PM

That's why I said sooner or later - I've been part of this amazing community long enough to have witnessed as several impossibilities suddenly became possible. Of course, this takes extraordinary skills and probably also inspiration, but I have a feeling that someone like Guru, Nigel, Gene Fryman or brr (just to name a few) might come along and present a way to implement 4WD any day. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect this to happen now or at any specific point in time, but I won't be too surprised if it does. :)

#26 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted Sep 20 2011 - 03:41 PM

View PostFloP, on Sep 20 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

That's why I said sooner or later - I've been part of this amazing community long enough to have witnessed as several impossibilities suddenly became possible. Of course, this takes extraordinary skills and probably also inspiration, but I have a feeling that someone like Guru, Nigel, Gene Fryman or brr (just to name a few) might come along and present a way to implement 4WD any day. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect this to happen now or at any specific point in time, but I won't be too surprised if it does. :)

Well ever since Nigel left I've said we need a 16 year old hacker.   :)

So if there is someone out there like that, we'd love to hear from him/her.   :D

Lee

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links