• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Just a fan of Gpl since 2008, fan of plane sim too (Il2-Cliffs of dover, Rise of flight) and in love with music
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 24 2017 - 03:29 PM

I'm back again with the same problem with Gpl1.3...

Since that I have a new steering wheel, I have redone a complete installation using the "gplinstall_beta_1.08".
The sim run very well, but i still have a problem with the AI.
When I click on the icon GPL1.2.0.2, everything is perfect. Really.
When I click on the icon GPL1.3, the AI start like a Ford T, run not very fast in the straight line and they brake so late that they push me out.
The same thing occurs when I start GPL with GEM+_2.5.0.32.
I have a look at the files "gpl_ai" and "gpla67", they are identical. But the AI is a half second slower when I use GPL1.3 (for exemple at Monza).
I try to erase in the GPL directory "gplc67", and rebuilt it with GEM+, it don't change anything.

I'm sincerely sorry to come back with the same discussion, but I really don't understand...

Please, if someobody could help me, it will be greatly appreciated...

In case or... Attached File  Debug.zip   8.79K   1 downloads

Edited by db312, May 24 2017 - 03:32 PM.

#17 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 24 2017 - 03:39 PM

Are you using a 60fps patch?

#18 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Just a fan of Gpl since 2008, fan of plane sim too (Il2-Cliffs of dover, Rise of flight) and in love with music

Posted May 24 2017 - 04:09 PM

No, I don't.

#19 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted May 26 2017 - 02:39 AM

Hi. I checked the debug log but could not see any obvious. But the main difference between the gpl.exe and a "patched" gplc67.exe (1.3) is that the gpl.exe 1.2.0.2 has no long track support and some adjustments are missing. Because of the long track support I added it to the installer. But can you compare your AI settings in GEM with these one from mine? I can't say that I gave the AI much of my attention as it's not that good. You can tweak the settings and there are people here which can help you set the values correct.

Attached File  GemAIQuestions.png   209.52K   29 downloads

#20 db312

db312

Always in the lead

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted May 26 2017 - 09:56 AM

Thank you so much for your answer Bernd !
I check my AI speed and it has the same setting than you...
Anyway, there are some weird things... I try a last install yesterday night, and with the 1.2.0.2 version, the all AI field was out for mechanical problems after 6 laps (at Monza)... I exchange the [ mechanical ] lines from the original "gpl_ai.ini" with the new one and everything became normal... I was so disappointed to see so many strange things (that I've never heard here at SRMZ... And I've read...) that I decided to gave up and re-install everything manually, by adding your wonderful "GPL_v1.2.0.2 All-in-one 2.3 Patch Wizard" and the "V2Rasteriser".
And all is fine now...
But I will try later a separate install, add the patch 1.3 and look if it does the same weird things with the AI, which I have already experienced some years ago... That's why I never used the gpl.exe 1.3...
Anyway, many thanks again for talking back to me !

Edited by db312, May 26 2017 - 09:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links