Elijahroberson

Don Branson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:gpl, guitar, racing, history
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 23 2018 - 10:05 PM

Not sure if this falls into the proper category, but I was trying to get my steering wheel setup for GPL today. I made sure everything was plugged in, etc. Then I plugged in the cord to the computer and the computer made the noise to tell you something was plugged in, and the gear shift lit up, but then went dim. That's it. The wheel didn't attempt to calibrate or anything. Nothing would work on it. I opened GEM+ to see if maybe it was just waiting for a program, but still nothing. Not sure what I did wrong, perhaps user error. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

#2 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Feb 24 2018 - 01:24 AM

Just spit balling here but do you have the latest Logitech driver for your G27 ? Have you downloaded and installed GPL Shift ? Here is a link to get the latest version  http://www.gplshift.dk/  and check out the "Help i'm having trouble with"  forum on this site because someone else may have had the same problem as you and someone may have posted a solution. I hope this helps and if not someone here with a greater knowledge than I will surely help you out. Good luck .

#3 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Feb 24 2018 - 03:06 AM

No calibration should mean no energy! Look for the Logi PSU.

Does it calibrate when booting the PC?

W10? !!!

#4 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,737 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Feb 24 2018 - 04:00 AM

Did you try to plug it in a different USB port?

#5 Elijahroberson

Elijahroberson

Don Branson

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted Feb 24 2018 - 06:43 AM

View Postmarco lenarduzzi, on Feb 24 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

Just spit balling here but do you have the latest Logitech driver for your G27 ? Have you downloaded and installed GPL Shift ? Here is a link to get the latest version  http://www.gplshift.dk/  and check out the "Help i'm having trouble with"  forum on this site because someone else may have had the same problem as you and someone may have posted a solution. I hope this helps and if not someone here with a greater knowledge than I will surely help you out. Good luck .
The link to the GPLShift gets me a 404. Also I installed the latest driver for the wheel. It seems everything else is working except the wheel. It does not calibrate when booting up.

Edited by Elijahroberson, Feb 24 2018 - 06:47 AM.

#6 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• Supporter
  • 2,301 posts

Posted Feb 24 2018 - 08:22 AM

As Ginetto said, it sounds like a problem with the USB port.

#7 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Feb 24 2018 - 09:20 AM

"It does not calibrate when booting up. "

So check the power supply! Test it with another PC like a laptop...

Connect the USB to one of the rear ports where keyboard and mouse are connected, never use an USB3 port

#8 voda1

voda1

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted Feb 24 2018 - 10:08 AM

View PostCookie, on Feb 24 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

never use an USB3 port

Why is that?

#9 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,737 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Feb 24 2018 - 10:16 AM

Because they suddenly stop working many times. :)

#10 Elijahroberson

Elijahroberson

Don Branson

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted Feb 24 2018 - 10:25 AM

Ok, so here is what I did. I made sure everything was plugged in. I downloaded drivers, and the GPLShift, I put it in every USB Port, I unplugged the cord from the power pack, and plugged it back in. Still nothing. It may be the plug I am using, not sure. But I doubt it's the USB.

#11 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• Supporter
  • 2,351 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Feb 24 2018 - 02:11 PM

Wild guess based on distant memory...

Open "Device Manager" and see if you can, (one), find the wheel and (two) find the wheel associated with a USB port.
See if there's any double entries or any entries at all.
If you find the wheel check that the drivers are the ones you installed and not generic.

Does the wheel appear in Win Game Controllers?
Profiler?

:D

Edited by John Woods, Feb 24 2018 - 02:11 PM.

#12 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Feb 24 2018 - 02:28 PM

As John says, the first thing you should try to do is get the wheel active in Windows, without starting GEM or any other part of GPL.

The wheel should go through its calibration routine as soon as you plug in the USB cable. If the wheel stays "dead", check the power supply. Check the mains cable leading from your wall socket to the PSU, and then the cable leading from the PSU to the wheel. Have either of those cables been stretched or bent severely? The cable may be broken inside the insulation.

If you leave the PSU plugged in to the wall and switched on, does it get warm? If not, either your PSU has failed, the mains cable is broken, or a fuse has blown in the plug.

Does the wheel have a power indicator light on it? They usually do. I have a G29 with a small red LED on the gearshift unit but I'm not sure what lights the G27 has.

If the wheel seems to have power, then do as John says and open up the Windows device manager. The wheel should show up there. Also open up the Logitech Profiler and see if the wheel shows up there.

If you can't get the wheel to go through its calibration routine, or you can't see the wheel in device manager or the profiler, then there's a problem with the wheel. Try using it on another computer. Take it around to a friends' house or ask a friend to bring a laptop to your place if you have to.

When you can get the wheel to calibrate, and if you can see it in device manager and the profiler, then try it again with GPL.

Good luck!

Edited by Saiph, Feb 24 2018 - 02:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links