• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snebka

snebka

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Lot of sports, mainly F1 (most the era 1950-1980), Geography, playing games ...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 15 2017 - 02:46 AM

There's an effort to crowdfund a proper museum to feature Clark's most famous Team Lotus race cars in addition to the memorabilia housed at the existing Jim Clark Room. Currently, the Jim Clark Trust has raised £85,000 (around $106,000 USD), but it's looking to get £300,000 to open the museum next year.

Major patrons for the Museum include legendary Scottish racing drivers Jackie Stewart, Allan McNish, Dario Franchitti, and David Coulthard, plus Goodwood's Lord March, and Lotus founder Colin Chapman's son, Clive Chapman. If you talk to any of these drivers, it's clear that Clark is an incredibly important influence.

From roadandtrack.com

Edited by snebka, Apr 15 2017 - 02:47 AM.

#2 Chris Amon

Chris Amon

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:GPL.
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:30 PM

View Postsnebka, on Apr 15 2017 - 02:46 AM, said:

There's an effort to crowdfund a proper museum to feature Clark's most famous Team Lotus race cars in addition to the memorabilia housed at the existing Jim Clark Room. Currently, the Jim Clark Trust has raised £85,000 (around $106,000 USD), but it's looking to get £300,000 to open the museum next year.

Major patrons for the Museum include legendary Scottish racing drivers Jackie Stewart, Allan McNish, Dario Franchitti, and David Coulthard, plus Goodwood's Lord March, and Lotus founder Colin Chapman's son, Clive Chapman. If you talk to any of these drivers, it's clear that Clark is an incredibly important influence.

From roadandtrack.com

You beat me to it Snebka, I've chucked in a few £££s, every little helps! We're very close now but the deadline is looming large.

#3 Chris Amon

Chris Amon

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:GPL.
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Apr 21 2017 - 08:25 AM

Good news, the funding objective has been met.

http://www.crowdfund...-clark-museum/?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links