Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Mar 13 2014 - 05:33 AM

Here you go lads :D

In this preview you can see all of the screens from the menu set. What is missing now is the mainback (working on it!). I'm trying also to change the colour of the dialog box pop up from green to blue, but I do not know to which file it refers as I've said in previous post, so help me with that please.

As soon as I have this couple things left sorted out I'll upload the complete file in the proper section :D

Have a good day!

Attached Files

Edited by leon_90, Mar 13 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#17 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 13 2014 - 06:17 PM

Leon, some of the dialog boxes in GPL don't have a picture file, they are generated (I believe) from the EXE file itself. For example, if you're looking at the player info screen, and select a different team, and then you click on the red flag button to go back to the main menu, you'll see a dialog which says "Discard all changes for the current driver?", and the background will be green. That dialog doesn't have a picture associated with it. I think the only way to change the colour of that box (and others like it) is to find the correct byte in the EXE file and patch it. But unfortunately I don't think anyone has found out where it is.

Edited by Saiph, Mar 13 2014 - 06:24 PM.

#18 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted Mar 13 2014 - 06:44 PM

Thanks to TvO I actually made it Saiph :) now all dialog boxes show up in blue instead of
default green. I also managed to change the gold and green stripes which show below drivers' name in team info to blue and sky blue. Right now I'm trying with the help of Saiph to locate also the exact file that give a green background in dropboxes (from nationality selection to championship, setup, etc). Right now is the only thing left. The only problem is that these last things work, for now, on GPL with all its mods, not only 69 X'tra. This means that when you'll play standard 67 or GT or Can Am you'll have blue pop up boxes. This is because I have changed standard files from the layout.dat. To avoid the annoying thing of erasing and reinstalling this files everytime you play or not 69 X'tra tomorrow I'll try to edit lyt files to include my new one so that they'll work only with 69X. I have never created or modified lyt files so if you or everyone else has got some tips I'll gladly take them :D anyway I think that work should be up before next week, as I said I need to modify just one more thing (and edit lyt files)

#19 Larko29

Larko29

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted Mar 13 2014 - 11:17 PM

Great work :artist:

You've chosen some very nice images for the backgrounds for each of the screens

:hat-tip:

Craig

#20 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Mar 14 2014 - 05:58 AM

Looks good Leon! Little note, the 'week.jpg' shows the start of the 1968 Italian GP, not the 1969 one :) . Not a big problem but thought I'd mention it :) .

#21 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted Mar 14 2014 - 07:09 AM

View PostTvO, on Mar 14 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

Looks good Leon! Little note, the 'week.jpg' shows the start of the 1968 Italian GP, not the 1969 one :) . Not a big problem but thought I'd mention it :) .

ops my bad :P I have put another pic in there now :)

#22 TvO - guest

TvO - guest
  • Guests

Posted Mar 14 2014 - 07:35 AM

Noticed another thing :P . The paper.jpg shows Andretti winning the 1969 Indy 500, but it wasn't on the Formula 1 schedule :) . But very nice pic :cool:

#23 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted Mar 14 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostTvO, on Mar 14 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

Noticed another thing :P . The paper.jpg shows Andretti winning the 1969 Indy 500, but it wasn't on the Formula 1 schedule :) . But very nice pic :cool:

yes I knew of this :D but I love so much this picture that I said to myself "meh, it's from 1969, that's all the excuse that I need to use it" :P :D :D

Edited by leon_90, Mar 14 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#24 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted May 11 2018 - 07:51 AM

View PostTvO, on Mar 11 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

I have these layered PSD files made a long time a go by Bruce Johnson :) . They are located here:

http://www.bruces-st...scellaneous.htm

Hope they help :) .

Bruce Johnson's site seems to be down.  Does anybody know if these PSD files are available anywhere else?

cheers
webfoot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links