It's not lag on the entire server, but only on my end.
1. I drive some laps (without any peformance problems).
2. I use Esc + Enter to return to the pits.
3. On the TV screen I can watch other drivers without much lag.
4. I return to the track, game is suddenly capped at 32 fps and freezes every 5 or 6 seconds.
5. Around the freezes all the other opponents briefly dissapear.
At that point the lag becomes permanent, but I'm the only one on the server who has it. The other drivers don't have the lag.
The only 'fix' is to exit the server and rejoin. Sometimes I have to exit the game as well because I get a timed out message when trying to reconnect.
As soon as I rejoin the 36 fps is restored and the lag is gone. (untill it gets triggered again)
(In offline races against the AI I can not reproduce this "32 fps" bug.)
Edited by Millennium, Jun 01 2020 - 02:17 AM.