Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:1967 and 1968
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 23 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hi all.

After much difficulty the BRDC International Trophy carset is finished. I have done what I can with what small amount of photos I have been able to find and am happy with the result. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find useable Gempics for some slots so if anyone has any more photos PLEASE POST THEM SOMEWHERE.

I have attached the full carset in 2 parts so you can just add the car files straight into what ever 6 digit name you want your carset to be called (i use 04-SIT). Or you should be able to just copy the folders into you GPL main directory and rename the carset afterwards.

I have included the silver2 track in part 2 from the historical 65 mod update so this carset will not interfere with the British Grand Prix.

I have tested the ai quite a bit and they work perfectly for me (2 second places to start my full 67 season in the ferrari :yess: ). I'm not sure of my 67 install though so if anyone has problems with their speed please let me know and I will try to fix them for you.

Please let me know what you think of it. It has taken quite a while to get it even to this stage and if anyone knows of any improvements that can be made I would like to know of them.

Thanks,

Chris

Attached Files

Edited by pioujd428, Dec 24 2012 - 01:02 AM.

#2 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted Dec 23 2012 - 11:13 PM

Here is part 2.
and some photos I have been using.
as well as this site http://www.latphoto.... trophy&per=100 thanks to deegee.

Attached Files

#3 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • 164 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Dec 24 2012 - 04:53 AM

Works well straight out of the box - thanks very much indeed

:Ssanta:

#4 GORDON_S

GORDON_S

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 232 posts

Posted Dec 24 2012 - 09:23 AM

Thank you, Chris.

Well timed....
:Santa2:

#5 mouse

mouse

"Titan del drink"

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car racing
    Whelen Modifieds
    Club The Strongest

Posted Dec 24 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks, Chris.

#6 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • 164 posts

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postpioujd428, on Dec 23 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

Hi all.

After much difficulty the BRDC International Trophy carset is finished. I have done what I can with what small amount of photos I have been able to find and am happy with the result. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find useable Gempics for some slots so if anyone has any more photos PLEASE POST THEM SOMEWHERE.

Chris

Have you seen this website - a treasure trove of pictures from the 60s (and other years)

http://www.phpbbplan...p?mforum=aerogi

Log in needed but the thread on F1 pictures from 1967 includes more from the International Trophy meeting

Edited by deegee, Jan 10 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#7 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted Jan 11 2013 - 05:10 AM

Thanks again deejee

Well guys it turns out that unfortuately this will be the last carset from me for a while.

I have decided it is more enjoyable to race the championship historical 67's for a while and I have lost a bit of interest in these non championship races for the time being. For the Oulton Park Gold Cup (and half of Jarama) as F2 doesn't interest me very much (compared to editing the original 67's, any racing from the 60's interests me but not the editing part, I wish it did because it is 1967 and the mod is great but unfortuanately it doesn't) it's hard to find motivation for them.

I did hope to get Syracuse out before the end of my holidays but Mosers Cooper ATS and a few touch ups are holding it back
It does not seem there is much interest in my carsets anyway although even making one person happy would be worth it they still take a lot of effort. Thanks to the people that took a few seconds to say thanks and they know who they are.

I know I will come back to my work in the future and finish them off but for now I'm taking a break from editing GPL.

I am really sorry to do this to everyone but I just don't have the interest at the moment. You will see them at some stage but just not now. For me it is back to work and some other things in life.

All the best to everyone.

Chris

Attached Files

Edited by pioujd428, Jan 11 2013 - 05:18 AM.

#8 Paddy the Irishman

Paddy the Irishman

Paddy the Irishman

• Supporter
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:GPL; Model Cars; Photography. Assetto Corsa

Posted Jan 11 2013 - 05:29 AM

Chris,
I greatly appreciate ANYTHING that you modders and makers do, but having found myself frustrated by the initial output of the G. Spinning's Historical Car sets and only succeeding when Bernd Nowak produced the one-click installer, I chickened out of trying your set,

Sorry, but there it is !  Perhaps I may have a go at trying it later.  Thank you for your work.

#9 Andreh

Andreh

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Pre-80's racing

Posted Jan 11 2013 - 05:33 AM

Yeah, motivation and time are important assets in doing these.
Anyway, a late thanks, I still not on 67 im my repolishing/reinstalling GPL, but I will certainly install, use and enjoy your carsets!

Have a nice rest :)

#10 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • 164 posts

Posted Jan 11 2013 - 11:53 AM

View Postpioujd428, on Jan 11 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

Thanks again deejee

Well guys it turns out that unfortuately this will be the last carset from me for a while.

I have decided it is more enjoyable to race the championship historical 67's for a while and I have lost a bit of interest in these non championship races for the time being. For the Oulton Park Gold Cup (and half of Jarama) as F2 doesn't interest me very much (compared to editing the original 67's, any racing from the 60's interests me but not the editing part, I wish it did because it is 1967 and the mod is great but unfortuanately it doesn't) it's hard to find motivation for them.

I did hope to get Syracuse out before the end of my holidays but Mosers Cooper ATS and a few touch ups are holding it back
It does not seem there is much interest in my carsets anyway although even making one person happy would be worth it they still take a lot of effort. Thanks to the people that took a few seconds to say thanks and they know who they are.

I know I will come back to my work in the future and finish them off but for now I'm taking a break from editing GPL.

I am really sorry to do this to everyone but I just don't have the interest at the moment. You will see them at some stage but just not now. For me it is back to work and some other things in life.

Chris

Very sorry to read this, but although I am sad that the carsets will not be released (at least anytime soon), I am not an editor and can only admire the time and effort that experts such as yourself put in for the benefit of the rest of us.

The post numbers speak for themselves, however, and it is disappointing that there is apparently little interest after all that work, but there it is.

:shrug:

Thank you for what you have given us, and I hope you have a change of heart one day.....

:hat-tip:

#11 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • 164 posts

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 01:55 PM

Not quite sure where to post these, but the theme here seems to be 1967 non-championship races so......

Found what is claimed to be an authentic Syracuse 1967 programme. Cleaned up the text and here are a program cover and GEM picture for the syracuse race -

Right click on the jpeg and select save as..
Click on pbf to download

With my install, both files go directly into the syracuse track folder.

The search for Enna 65 and Jarama 68 authentic programme covers continues.......

Attached Files

Edited by deegee, Jan 24 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#12 Miguelito

Miguelito

Harde baas

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 02:35 PM

View Postpioujd428, on Jan 11 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

Thanks again deejee

Chris

I do like these carsets as they complete the 1967 season and add even more variety to the game. Quality of your work is just as good as the historic championship carsets. I only haven't been able to comment on it yet as I haven't had much time to try it out yet, or race Grand Prix Legends at all the last month. Still, I do want to say I appreciate your work and enjoy the non-championship carsets just as much as the championship carsets, so thank you for the time and effort you put into this!

#13 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,472 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 11:31 AM

Goes on Chris !

My opinion is someone that  get motivation to complete a carset do it for himself first.And that 's why he keep the flame on this busy and hard job.

So after our PM for Syracuse, I can't  see why you don 't release Oulton Park and Jarama . You say that if only one has interest is enough, and you can see we are 4 .

Use different threads for each carset, and you can expect more positive feedbacks

Edited by M Needforspeed, Feb 17 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#14 deegee

deegee

• Supporter
  • 164 posts

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostM Needforspeed, on Feb 13 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Goes on Chris !

My opinion is someone that  get motivation to complete a carset do it for himself first.And that 's why he keep the flame on this busy and hard job.

So after our PM for Syracuse, I can't  see why you don 't release Oulton Park and Jarama . You say that if only one has interest his enough, and you can see we are 4 .

Use different threads for each carset, and you can expect more positive feedbacks

Hear hear....   :crossfingers: for the remaining 3 sets at some point.

Not too many comments, as you say, but all are positive - thanks again for all your efforts to date :clap2:

#15 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Auto Racing

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 02:04 PM

Count me in !

I had put off getting these carsets until I got my install squared away for the 67 Historical Mod.
Now that I have Gianfranco & Company's  Mod I really need to give these carsets a go ! :thumbup:

Please make the 1967 F1 season complete !

Edited by davef, Feb 17 2013 - 08:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links