KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:karting vintage racing gpl
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 12 2020 - 07:03 AM

it will be the same with window 7 ,too old .no more support the latest Logitech series work only on window 10 ,64 bit even better

#22 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Jan 12 2020 - 06:01 PM

KARTM, on Jan 12 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

it will be the same with window 7 ,too old .no more support the latest Logitech series work only on window 10 ,64 bit even better
The G29 will work with windows 7 because the g29 came out in 2015 and logitech support has drivers for windows 7 64 and 32 bit

#23 Tigs

Tigs

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, Can-Am racing, original and current Supersports, Formula 1, old and new, GPL (of course!), beer and good red wine.

Posted Feb 22 2020 - 07:36 PM

Hi All,
I've just set up a Fanatec DD2  and the H-Pattern shifter. I cannot seem to get GPL to understand the concept of manual, H-Pattern gearshift. I get up and down shift as the only options in the controller settings. I've installed Fairshift but that doesn't seem to do anything yet.
I must be missing something obvious here..... Can someone please point me in the right direction?
I'm using Windows 10 by the way.
Thanks in advance.
Tigs

#24 Roger_F

Roger_F

Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Classic Sports Cars

Posted Feb 23 2020 - 06:37 AM

Tigs,

I ran into a similar situation with fairshift and windows 7.  To get fairshift to work you need to coordinate: GEM, GPL, Windows and Fairshift;  I got it to work on about half of the Mods and decided it was not worth the effort.  I converted my shifter to sequenced shifting and called it a day.

You are starting with a better shifter than I have (Logitech vs Fanatec) so you may feel different from an equipment standpoint, but I was not overly impressed with fairshift's functionally.  The use of the clutch function was overly precise and made shifting more demanding than anything I have ever driven in a real race car.

Reread carefully all the supporting material for fairshift; GPL.exe, was a problem on several mods after I solved Windows, GEM and Fairshift idiosyncrasies.  Sequenced shifting basically substitutes the paddles for the 3rd and 4th positions of the shifter sequences and eliminates the need to match down shift revs to get a smooth single or double shift sequence.  Heal /  toe downshifts are not readily performed on my Logitech pedals so that added to my decision to use sequences shifting.  Inverted pedals may be the key to liking fairshift but that is a future project for me.

Good luck with fairshift and I hope you like the results better than i did.  A lot of work for a mediocre result.  Read all you can on fairshift (use the search function at the top of the page), you will eventually figure it out.

Roger

#25 Lalethor

Lalethor

Alessandro Isacchini

• Supporter
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Racing & Gnagna
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Feb 23 2020 - 11:11 AM

Tigs, do you have tried with GPL Shift instead Fairshift?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links