#1 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Jul 25 2011 - 03:34 AM

Pretty much what the tile says. I´d like to set up my G27 properly but I have no idea what the individual sliders in RF do. Please someone explain their function aswell as any options in inis

#2 Rhambus

Rhambus

Jo Siffert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Sim racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 25 2011 - 11:02 PM

View PostMichkov, on Jul 25 2011 - 03:34 AM, said:

Pretty much what the tile says. I´d like to set up my G27 properly but I have no idea what the individual sliders in RF do. Please someone explain their function aswell as any options in inis

The only thing you need to adjust is speed sensitivity (make sure that is 0, you don't want it multiplying your steering input) sensitivity, and deadzone. The other things is mostly for people using buttons for throttle/brake/clutch, such as people using keyboards, or people using joysticks and using buttons for their throttle and brake. I think it's like digital steering rate, digital throttle rate, digital clutch rate, etc -- those settings won't affect you unless you are using buttons.

I typically just leave my sensitivity at 50% as that seems to be closest to 1:1 ratio between my actual wheel and the steering wheel in game. I'm real weird about my physical wheel matching up with the wheel animation in game. I've found if I keep that as close as 1:1 as possible that the steering feels the most natural.

#3 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Aug 08 2011 - 03:02 PM

Thx for the info Mistwaver, but I´d still like to know a bit more about the options I have. Anyone?

#4 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 922 posts
  • Interests:Whatever
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 09 2011 - 08:20 AM

Hi Michkov

I got rFactor about a year ago and I never liked the steering and FFB in the game until I found this thread.

http://www.nogriprac...d.php?p=1308978

The instructions in this thread are easy to follow and completely changed rfactor for me.  It uses a combination of Leo's FFB and Realfeel.  I highly recommend this.  If I hadn't found this, I doubt I would be driving rfactor at all.

This thread has a new realfeel plugin (post #9) and some more info.

http://www.nogriprac...ad.php?t=261644

You can try the old realfeel or the new.  Personally, I like the new one.  ZeosPantera is the poster who started both threads and seems to be good at continuing to check in and answer questions.

Good luck and good driving,  :thumbup:
Dave

Edited by dbell84, Aug 09 2011 - 08:22 AM.

#5 Remco Hitman - guest

Remco Hitman - guest
  • Guests

Posted Aug 15 2011 - 05:27 AM

I just sent these to a mate who was wondering the same thing.

Attached Thumbnails

• rFactor 2011-08-15 00-16-34-06.jpg
  • rFactor 2011-08-15 00-16-36-37.jpg
  • rFactor 2011-08-15 00-16-36-76.jpg

Edited by Remco Hitman, Aug 15 2011 - 05:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links