3 replies to this topic

#1 T J Johansen

T J Johansen

Jacky Ickx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 08:06 AM

I bought rFactor recently and installed it onto my new PC, bought exclusively with car/ flight sims in mind. Not the hottest item around, but according to the shop, a more than adequate machine. Problem is that the game crashes all the time, both when I had mods/ add-ons installed and even now when it has been re-installed and nothing extra has been added. I also run GPL on the computer, with no glitches so far, although I haven't installed the add-on tracks etc. here yet!
I did post here: http://www.rfactorce...4&enterthread=y so that you might see what I'm up against. The shop I bought the PC from has suggested that I as a last resource send it back to them to be tested, but I would like to see if anything else can be done before I start the process of re-packing and dragging the box back to the post office for shipment. As I am rather inept regarding these problems I need to have you guys suggest measures which to take.

Thanks.

T J Johansen

#2 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hi TJ, personally I would try to install RF on a 'clean install', that is a (bootable external) hard drive with a clean copy of Windoze and directX (I use the Aug 09 9.0c version). Also try to install the latest 1.255 version to see if that helps.

If it doesn't, may be hardware related; probably not though, since GPL seems to run ok. Sorry I can't offer more detailed help since I run it on Mac OS X. But it should definitely work, so I would try asking in the forums of Nogripracing.net and Racedepartment for more detailed advice. Lot of experience there.

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank: -40)

Edited by Rudy Dingemans, Mar 23 2011 - 02:01 PM.

#3 Sid

Sid

An unlapsed lapsed GPLer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Only the 55 mod will tempt me back onto the track.
    Update: The 55 mod has tempted me back onto the track.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 24 2011 - 01:38 PM

TJ
I had a similar problem when I first installed rFactor, and it turned out to be my Kaspersky Security. As I'm computer stupid I had my tame, caged IT geek do something which fixed it......now if only I knew what it was he did.........

#4 T J Johansen

T J Johansen

Jacky Ickx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted Mar 25 2011 - 07:04 AM

View PostSid, on Mar 24 2011 - 01:38 PM, said:

TJ
I had a similar problem when I first installed rFactor, and it turned out to be my Kaspersky Security. As I'm computer stupid I had my tame, caged IT geek do something which fixed it......now if only I knew what it was he did.........
Thanks for the suggestion. The thing is though, I do not use a virus programme on the computer. It isn't connected to the internet at all. But is there any other programmes that can cause this? I haven't installed much on this computer as it is supposed to be used for car/ flight sims only!

T J (Still scratching his head)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links