#1 regen70

regen70

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 14 2017 - 05:07 AM

I was expecting problems following installation of the Creators update but this is a new one.

After launching GPL (via GEM) the menu screen appears as a small rectangle  about 20%  of normal size in the centre of the screen (27 inch GSync monitor)

If I change the resolution in the Options setting to the monitor's native resolution of  2560 x 1440 and launch the race, the display is full screen as normal.
If I then quit the race, the menu screen still appears at the reduced size.
If I quit GPL and then relaunch it, the resolution as shown in the Options menu has reverted to 640x480 and I have to reset it to 2560x1440 (which doesn't appear as an option in the GEM menu)

I'm using the OpenGL v2 rasteriser. If I use  Direct3D v2, GPL crashes as soon as I launch a race. As I race with UKGPL, I use the 60fps setting
The menu screens are just about usable at the reduced size but obviously I would rather have them fullsize if there is any way to do that.

Hardware: i7 5820, GTX980Ti

#2 Ramoats

Ramoats

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends

Posted May 14 2017 - 08:11 AM

Not sure if this will help... but I just recently encountered a problem where none of my installs of GPL would launch... just returned to desktop. It happened after a recent large Win 10 update and a recent Nvidea driver update. Whenever I update my drivers I select clean install ... never the less ... the fix was to have ready the nvidea driver uninstaller tool and a set of 381.89 drivers ready on my desktop. I rebooted into safe mode, uninstalled my video drivers, used the uninstaller tool to clean it all up, then installed the slightly older drivers .... redid all my previous settings in the control panel and it's been working fine since. I'm hesitant to update my nvidea drivers any longer because of this.. and I don't suspect the windows update was at fault... hope this helps..

In retrospect, I think it's likely that the major update that Win 10 performed may have somehow corrupted the Nvidea drivers..

Edited by Ramoats, May 14 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#3 regen70

regen70

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 14 2017 - 10:15 AM

It could be the Nvidia drivers. I'm also getting some strange behaviour with Codemaster games played on Steam (Dirts3 and Grid Autosport) since the update.- severe stuttering despite the fact that FRaps shows FPS to be 100+. Not a Steam problem I think as Project Cars on Steam is OK. I might try rolling back as suggested.

#4 PHI52

PHI52

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted May 15 2017 - 02:23 AM

Hello Guys. Same problem for me ... now, I must use OpenGL v2. If I use Direct3D v2, GPL crashes as soon as I launch a race. I don't understand why ...

#5 regen70

regen70

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 15 2017 - 08:07 AM

I reinstalled the previous Nvidia driver which has cured the stuttering problem on Steam but not the GPL issue.

#6 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted May 15 2017 - 10:19 AM

IMO openGLV2 is the only choice for GPL today, as you will not have W10 supporting DX7 in the future anymore.

OGL works fine here on various operating systems and AMD and NVidia and intel GPUs

#7 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,466 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted May 15 2017 - 11:21 AM

OpenGL v2 - Agreed.  :thumbup:

#8 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted May 15 2017 - 11:40 AM

Maybe you must test these settings:

Posted Image

#9 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,466 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted May 15 2017 - 11:46 AM

My high school German classes did not prepare me for that, Axel.  :)

#10 regen70

regen70

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 16 2017 - 01:57 AM

I tried your suggestion, Axel, and it does indeed cure the problem with the reduced menu screen size. :)

What still puzzles me though is that I have never had to use this setting in the past

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links