* * - - - 5 votes

Project Cars! (Slightly Mad Studios)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
450 replies to this topic

#441 SwiftyOne - guest

SwiftyOne - guest
  • Guests

Posted May 19 2015 - 05:28 AM

It certainly is a strange one Pete, I really don't know what to say, ...Personally I think you would love the game, on the other hand, I can't say try it, and cross my fingers hoping that you don't have a problem :) The risk to try the game, has to be your own decision

Edited by SwiftyOne, May 19 2015 - 05:31 AM.

#442 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 19 2015 - 09:11 AM

It seems a little unprofessional to me when someone blames an entire forum, apparently because they're having a somewhat "lively" discussion with a few of the participants. I've never heard of anyone saying that SRMZ has a bad reputation, and it certainly wasn't mentioned in the early parts of this discussion. Sounds like sour grapes to me. :(

#443 SwiftyOne - guest

SwiftyOne - guest
  • Guests

Posted May 19 2015 - 03:30 PM

How about if I stuck here, another none bias review...In English this time ;)  Project CARS, is it the most realistic racing game ever?....  https://www.yahoo.co...9368321547.html

#444 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,491 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted May 19 2015 - 04:08 PM

Empty Box review and the numerous comments posted can be summarized :

Pros :

great FFB settings options for each car

Credible weather changes

Physics good , but too much lateral grip.Physics under rainy conditions seen as an improvement by some, still unrealistic by others.

Cons :

AI's for most tracks/carset are globally disappointing.though some points out that their behaviour is more humanlike than in any other game.

Not a real and demanding career mode

Multiplayer and online connectivity to be improved;Better for local leagues than for meeting online racers from all around the world .

Not big differences in handling between cars within a carset( But those who posted rarely tested all the cars/ carset to write a global review )

From the 100 +++ posts I have read, it seems  this game is praised more by those who came from console experience, than PC gamers and core gamers that are more distinctive between pure sims and sims/arcade games.

Console players shows it is a clear step ahead compared with Gran Turismo and Forza.

Edited by M Needforspeed, May 20 2015 - 06:21 AM.

#445 SwiftyOne - guest

SwiftyOne - guest
  • Guests

Posted May 19 2015 - 08:38 PM

So guys, am I getting this right? All the pro-racers think Project CARS is extremely close to the real thing, while a lot of sim-racers think it's not even close?

Thats.quite amusing. Now who should we believe? :duh:

#446 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,536 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted May 19 2015 - 09:31 PM

I doubt Jim Clark would think the grip on the Lotus 49 was realistic. I watched a video of Jim driving, and he doesn't have the grip on the dry that a video of the Pcars Lotus 49 has in the rain. In the rain! It's very obvious. I don't know about the other cars? I don't really care about them.

This is the order I put the grip for the Lotus 49 in sims(?)

Least grip...GPL
More grip...iRacing
More grip yet...AC
Way more grip....Pcars

I believe the real  Lotus would be between GPL and iRacing with it a bit closer to iRacing.

Edited by Pete Gaimari, May 19 2015 - 09:34 PM.

#447 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 20 2015 - 01:16 AM

If you talk about Rene Rast and Nicolas Hamilton they are sponsors, which means that they get paid to say what the company tells them to say. It's the same thing as pro players saying Fifa or NFL or NHL let them live at home real life emotions as they have on the real field. It's just marketing, 80% of the time they don't really play the game or find it even good.
Swifty it's useless to try this hard to sell the game. First, because it's already a top seller. Second, because you won't really see your money back. Third, because sim racers who bought the game like me won't buy the sequel which will be a success only for the consoles (IF Forza and GT don't step up, which is unlikely). And about this you can read a lot of comments even in your forum. Even those who start saying "i enjoy the game alot!", then say "a year by now I won't be playing it anymore".

This forum has a bad reputation, and all we had to do to improve it was being enthusiastic and positive towards Project cars. How could we have been so blind??
Hey, this game rocks! Buy it!! $$$ my Steam counter says I played it for a couple hours, best tam 'n ma laf!!

Sincerely, I don't know why the admins are permitting so much in this thread. I am more disappointed in them than in my money bad spent.

Last, since you enjoy and love GPL so much, why do we never see you in the dedicated forum? Why have you posted once in 4 years?

Edited by leon_90, May 20 2015 - 01:19 AM.

#448 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,536 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted May 20 2015 - 02:17 PM

I think he might have fooled you Leon. You bought the game. ;)

#449 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,863 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted May 20 2015 - 02:47 PM

View PostSwiftyOne, on May 20 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

WOW! .....Leon, Leon!!, ....For such a young lad......To have to carry such a large chip on his young shoulders, must in deed be  such a big burden....But Why? ...Why would you show, and have such hatred?? ..It's just a game Leon, a video game Leon, there is a whole world out there for you, you have your whole life before you.....You need to find something in your life that has less hate for you .....There is so much in this world that is wrong....then just showing so much hate, on just a video game ??....Maybe the younger generation, has played too many video games?? But this sort of hate was never there, when I was a youngster ....I really don't get it at all???

Oh dear. I don't think I've ever seen anything so sickeningly rude and patronising as this. SwiftyOne, you're going on about Leon being "young", having a "large chip on his shoulders" and full of "hate"?? He's not full of "hate", he's just (like most of us) not susceptible to marketing bullshit. It's easy for any company to pay people to say wonderful things about any product. Product endorsement is so commonplace now that people are becoming sceptical about it. Deal with it.

SwiftyOne, it seems to me that you came to this forum to set up an advertising thread, and to try to get everybody on-side with your marketing campaign for your sim. You've made (unsubstantiated?) claims about being a GPL fan, and I'm sure that if we'd jumped on board and become fans of Project Cars, you would now be posting links to use this thread, this forum and its members as an endorsement. But unfortunately it doesn't seem to have worked out. We're not all jumping up and down shouting "Yay!". And so now you're suddenly mentioning the "fact" that SRMZ has a "bad rep", and you're even starting to abuse some of the members here. :thumbdown:

IMHO this thread should be locked, because it doesn't appear to be serving any positive purpose at all, and is now turning into a source of friction. :shh: :2c:

#450 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 20 2015 - 03:14 PM

View PostPete Gaimari, on May 20 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

I think he might have fooled you Leon. You bought the game. ;)

Well I guess you're right :D after all the massive marketing, advertisements, youtube videos and positive reviews from magazines (which I have been a complete fool to trust, because I know they are never to trust) I bought the game. You're right, Ian Bell succeeded in tricking me, as he tricked thousands of people including Swifty. But he is a person way smarter than me, at least now, so it's no shame. Lesson learnt.

Anyway Pete, in this specific case I was referring to Swifty trying to sell the "I love GPL" story and all the rest. In that he did not fool me ;)

#451 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,832 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted May 20 2015 - 03:42 PM

OK, that's all folks!
Thread locked.

Swiftyone profile has been deleted upon his request.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links