• Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 03:24 AM

Hi

there is no 917 in png

But I found this one

http://www.nogriprac...hp?filenr=21988

for GTL

now, how can I incorporate that into png

It should be possible since I can easili add GTL tracks to GT2 you just edit extensions

Is it same with cars or is it bit more complicated?

thank you

#2 aSa

aSa

Denny Hulme

• GTLW Crew
  • 252 posts
  • Sim interest:P&G for GTR2

Posted Nov 23 2012 - 02:12 AM

I have no knowledge about converting cars from GTL, but RMi Group has promised to deliver GTR2 version (at some point ;)).  I see several requests for that at the end of GTL comments, and the latest word is from Sunalp2 that it is (still) coming.

There have been threads about converting cars from GTL to GTR2 in NoGrip (may have been in GTR2 section).  Someone even mentioned that GTL forum had a sticky about this, but I couldn't see it (or just didn't recognize it).

cheers.. aSa C[_]

#3 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 30 2012 - 10:30 PM

"Tom's Car Converter is a program for converting GTL add-on cars you download from
the web so they may be used with the Power&Glory and/or the GTL-GTR2 Mod. It is
designed for advanced users. Even if you have used earlier versions read the
documentation which is included in the program."

Results, for me, have been variable and the cars usually require some tweaking for everything to work properly.

There are several threads regarding converting cars between GTL and GTR2 at nogrip;  sunalp is the one to ask, he appears frequently in those.

#4 tdurrett

tdurrett

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 12:09 PM

Here's a link to WSC 1970 Conversion... http://f1classic.you...e-wsc-1970-cars
Included are the following cars with several paintjobs from the 1970 WSC:
Alfa-Romeo 33-3
Chevron B16
Ferrari 312P
Ferrari 512S Coda Lunga
Healey XR37
Lola T70
Matra MS650
Porsche 908-2
Porsche 908-3
Porsche 917K
Porsche 917L

Some errors are noted in handling, etc.

#5 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 09:41 PM

The first thing you get there is a notice to register and log in, which I rarely do anymore unless I will frequent a site.  Apparently you can't even look around otherwise.

#6 tdurrett

tdurrett

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 09:40 AM

It's worth it.  Lots of links to Mods and Tracks for GTL and GTR2 not available at other "less gripping" sites..  ;>

#7 jgf

jgf

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted Jun 05 2013 - 12:51 AM

I'm familiar with that site.  I rack up a couple of infractions there every year for inadvertently violating something in their lengthy and unpublished list of taboos (lol, half those infractions are for arguing with the moderators over the first infractions).

As for registering, it's just that after twenty years online I've become thoroughly annoyed with the incessant requirement to register everywhere, especially as there's never an option to "unregister".  "We're sorry, only registered users can gaze upon our logo."  "We're sorry, only registered users can access our registration page."  And since most people maintain a throwaway email for such things, it renders the entire concept useless (it's like those office buildings with a security desk at the front door where you must sign in - they never ask for ID, or even look at the signatures;  so what happens if some heinous act is perpetrated and they check the sign-in sheets to find everyone from Santa Claus to Tom Swift entered the building that day?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links