#1 buzard

buzard

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Aug 03 2012 - 09:28 PM

Is there going to be a Corvette GS in P&G 3.0?

#2 DucFreak

DucFreak

GTLW - Sound Designer

• GTLW Crew
  • 121 posts
  • Sim interest:P&G for GTR2

Posted Aug 05 2012 - 02:44 PM

View Postbuzard, on Aug 03 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

The Corvette Grandsport is considered, but it will not be in the release of P&G v3.0.

The car, which is sorced from outside (RobinM), is in good shape, but the team decided that it is not ready yet for P&G inclusage, a decision that still remains.
We had plans already in advance to improve the car but, at some point, things became very complicated with the team (members quitting, some for understandable reasons, others unknown). So, due to lack of manpower, we had no choice but to put the GS on hold.
Unfortunately, similar things have happened with other planned new cars that won't make it for the release (see our "confirmed car list" to see which ones will be in it).
Also, I have not found capable recordings to produce the soundpack that the car does deserve, so the sounds would be somewhat "generic" placeholders... not the best or fair solution tbh, for us or for the car's author.
Physics are ready though.

The car belongs to RobinM, who took all the time and care for it. As we already said on other threads (other forums), he is free to do whatever he wishes with it, such as releasing it on his own, and for other platforms.

Bottom line... we hope to have the means to get back to the GS and feature it in P&G, later, as an "official P&G add-on". But, right now, there's a new version of P&G awaiting to be completed and (finally!) released. :)

Edited by DucFreak, Aug 05 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#3 buzard

buzard

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted Aug 05 2012 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for the answer! It seems a lot of the mod teams on all platforms are losing people.

#4 traveler501

traveler501

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Aug 25 2012 - 12:17 AM

I have a crazy thought to offer...for the cars which have physics done, but not PnG sounds and/or bodies....

Why not include those cars in the new v. 3.0 release but with original GTL art and sounds?   It's a driving
sim after all...that way we can drive them.   They could be marked with a big bar warning that says
"merely GTL" art for all I care...and then updated graphics and sound would be easy enough to include
later when and if.  

It seems a shame to miss out on driving cars like the Gran Sport or TVR with the greatly improved
physics because art and sound are lacking.  My 2 cents...

John

#5 DucFreak

DucFreak

GTLW - Sound Designer

• GTLW Crew
  • 121 posts

Posted Aug 25 2012 - 04:49 PM

View Posttraveler501, on Aug 25 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

I have a crazy thought to offer...for the cars which have physics done, but not PnG sounds and/or bodies....

Why not include those cars in the new v. 3.0 release but with original GTL art and sounds?   It's a driving
sim after all...that way we can drive them.   They could be marked with a big bar warning that says
"merely GTL" art for all I care...and then updated graphics and sound would be easy enough to include
later when and if.  

It seems a shame to miss out on driving cars like the Gran Sport or TVR with the greatly improved

John

Sorry but, personally, I couldn't disagree more.
If we release all the unfinished extra stuff in such state -like you say- than the motive and reason behind this project (actually the whole simulation thing, IMHO) is simply lost and defeated.
What you've just disconsidered there ("art and sound") is actually as important as the physics.

Following such logic, then instead of wasting over five years around details on those, we could have just taken the GTL models, leave them as is (with all their blatant differences/errors inside and outside), slap some rushed liveries/skins on them, rip and place some GTL 'generic' sounds, and input the new physics. Then wrap it all up and release it like that. :yeah: HEH!
...honestly, I think we've seen already too much stuff like that out there, no? :)

One thing is recognizing that perfection is impossible (details will always be missing), e.g, to look at the things we have and realize something like "this will do fine in this state". Anyone in the team agrees with that (we have to, otherwise it will never be ready!).
...another completely different thing is to see when things are NOT ready yet to be placed with the rest of content for public release, in such state that it would really contrast, to the point of making little sense to be there at all (whether you agree with that or not).

Some cars are more complete than others and we've been looking at what can be polished or not, included for the next release or later on, so some surprises may still happen... or maybe not. ;) We'll see.

Edited by DucFreak, Aug 25 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#6 Royale

Royale

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:Leaving GPL better than I found it.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 25 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostDucFreak, on Aug 25 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

View Posttraveler501, on Aug 25 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

later when and if.  

John

Sorry but, personally, I couldn't disagree more.
If we release all the unfinished extra stuff in such state -like you say- than the motive and reason behind this project (actually the whole simulation thing, IMHO) is simply lost and defeated.
What you've just disconsidered there ("art and sound") is actually as important as the physics.

Following such logic, then instead of wasting over five years around details on those, we could have just taken the GTL models, leave them as is (with all their blatant differences/errors inside and outside), slap some rushed liveries/skins on them, rip and place some GTL 'generic' sounds, and input the new physics. Then wrap it all up and release it like that. :yeah: HEH!
...honestly, I think we've seen already too much stuff like that out there, no? :)

One thing is recognizing that perfection is impossible (details will always be missing), e.g, to look at the things we have and realize something like "this will do fine in this state". Anyone in the team agrees with that (we have to, otherwise it will never be ready!).
...another completely different thing is to see when things are NOT ready yet to be placed with the rest of content for public release, in such state that it would really contrast, to the point of making little sense to be there at all (whether you agree with that or not).

Some cars are more complete than others and we've been looking at what can be polished or not, included for the next release or later on, so some surprises may still happen... or maybe not. ;) We'll see.

I feel your pain, and from the GPL side I have to agree as well. I've been tempted to put our car models in circulation but like scratching an itch, interest in an incomplete car or carset wouldn't last very long. We'll see what I think in a few more years.  Bob

#7 traveler501

traveler501

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 02:27 AM

"What you've just disconsidered there ("art and sound") is actually as important as the physics."

I'm not "disconsidering" anything, I'm questioning your objectivity when you say something like that
about a driving sim!  (yeah, I get the PnG concept...I also understand not letting "perfection be the
enemy of the good.")  

Look, I wish you well...you're in a tough place and you're clearly trying like crazy to bring this project
home.  So...let's just let it go at that.  Good luck!

PS following up on Royal's comment..."I feel your pain" too...it's not like I haven't been there a hundred
times myself.  Just trying to offer the kind of advice I wish I had taken when it was offered to me.

Edited by traveler501, Aug 27 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#8 Royale

Royale

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:Leaving GPL better than I found it.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 02:39 AM

View Posttraveler501, on Aug 27 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

PS following up on Royal's comment..."I feel your pain" too...it's not like I haven't been there a hundred
times myself.  Just trying to offer the kind of advice I wish I had taken when it was offered to me.

Always food for thought. Thanks

#9 DucFreak

DucFreak

GTLW - Sound Designer

• GTLW Crew
  • 121 posts

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 11:05 AM

View Posttraveler501, on Aug 27 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

"What you've just disconsidered there ("art and sound") is actually as important as the physics."

I'm not "disconsidering" anything, I'm questioning your objectivity when you say something like that
about a driving sim!  (yeah, I get the PnG concept...I also understand not letting "perfection be the
enemy of the good.")  

Look, I wish you well...you're in a tough place and you're clearly trying like crazy to bring this project
home.  So...let's just let it go at that.  Good luck!

Point taken, though not necessarily agreed.

Picking the last paragraph on my previous post, all I can say is that "it's not over 'till it's over". Take that as you will. :)

Edited by DucFreak, Aug 28 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#10 DucFreak

DucFreak

GTLW - Sound Designer

• GTLW Crew
  • 121 posts

Posted Oct 31 2012 - 08:17 AM

:shutup:

Sorry but I can resist to put an image that will translate into a smile for many (it became a prank at some point, sorry guys!) :cheers:  

Posted Image

#11 buzard

buzard

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted Nov 02 2012 - 09:35 PM

YAY! It's in the mod!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users