#1 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 08 2018 - 04:58 PM

Hi guys. I know it sounds silly but seems like I can´t pause GPL anymore !! Last night I had to answer the phone while playing and GPL refused to pause. Normally I press the pause/break button on the keyboard and the game pauses. Is there anywhere that I can enable the pause button ? .

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,320 posts

Posted Sep 08 2018 - 05:08 PM

It works for me in all modes and damage settings.

Do you have a wireless keyboard? Could be that button isn't registering or the USB port is shadowed.

#3 quico

quico

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:GPL & GTL

Posted Sep 08 2018 - 05:10 PM

Of course you have checked if it is not a keyboard failure. First the easy things...

#4 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Sep 08 2018 - 08:41 PM

Thanks Bob and Quico.
My keyboard is not wireless and all other buttons are working fine. The strange thing is the fact that it always worked fine and all of a sudden it stopped for no reason at all !

#5 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,816 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Sep 09 2018 - 03:35 AM

You could try some Key Remapper tools  that let you reassign the keys input.
Also JoyToKey could work for you

#6 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Sep 09 2018 - 05:52 AM

My memory is a bit rusty on this so I can't give details, but isn't there either a Windows feature, or an app, which disables certain keys on your keyboard so they don't interfere with older software which doesn't understand them or use them? I think it disables the Windows logo key, the windows menu key at the bottom-right, and possibly the pause and print screen keypresses too? Can you remember activating such a feature, or installing an app like that?

Edit: If you need a method to check that your 'pause' key is working, here's one way to do it:

Press "Windows key + r" to bring up the "run" box.
Type "cmd" and press 'enter'.
Change to the root of your C: drive by typing "c:" then press 'enter', and then typing "cd \" then press 'enter'.
Type "dir /s" then 'enter' to start a long listing of every file on your "c:" drive.
While the listing is scrolling, press 'pause' to stop it, and 'enter' to restart it.
If the listing pauses correctly, your 'pause' key is working.

Edited by Saiph, Sep 09 2018 - 06:01 AM.

#7 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Sep 09 2018 - 09:24 PM

Thanks Ginetto and Saiph. I did everything that Saiph said but didn´t work for GPL. Still can´t pause. But it is not a serious issue. I don´t pause GPL very often. At least everything else works. And that´s the most important thing. I rather have it working and not pausing than pausing and not working !!

#8 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Sep 10 2018 - 03:49 AM

You might have found this already, but if you need another method of pausing GPL you can always press the 'F3' key to go to the settings menu in the middle of driving. When I leave the settings screen by clicking the green flag button, I return to the driving screen in paused mode, so I have to press the pause key to start driving again.

It would be interesting to know what happens if you do this. When you leave the settings screen, do you get stuck in paused mode?

#9 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted Sep 10 2018 - 11:04 AM

Great Saiph !!!!  This solved the problem !!! It stops the game ! Now I can answer the phone !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links