Jump to content


Why can't I edit my posts?


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Simbear

Simbear

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:F1, Grand Prix Legends, road projects
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 21 2007 - 04:54 PM

Why can't I edit my posts? (I want to replace demo replay file)

Bjørn

#2 dangermouse

dangermouse

    The mobile chicane

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SRMZ/GPLR London, UK
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Apr 22 2007 - 03:52 PM

View PostSimbear, on Apr 21 2007, 11:54 PM, said:

Why can't I edit my posts? (I want to replace demo replay file)

Bjørn
You can only edit your posts for the first 28 days.

If you need any help with that don't hesitate to PM any time.



:wave:

#3 Simbear

Simbear

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:F1, Grand Prix Legends, road projects
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 24 2007 - 01:58 AM

I see! Thanks very much  :thumbup:  . I need a little time before I can draw it up to you  :)

#4 MECH

MECH

    Double poly killer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Here ->
  • Interests:My Girlfriend
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 22 2008 - 02:26 PM

View Postdangermouse, on Apr 22 2007, 11:52 PM, said:

View PostSimbear, on Apr 21 2007, 11:54 PM, said:

Why can't I edit my posts? (I want to replace demo replay file)

Bjørn
You can only edit your posts for the first 28 days.

If you need any help with that don't hesitate to PM any time.



:wave:

Why is this limitation? To prevent people from removing all files?

The reason i'm asking is that i'm trying to keep the canam car threads a bit tidy by re-using the 1st post for the latest version of the car.
I see no reason to keep 101 versions of the same car in one thread it only makes things more complicated  ;)

Beside isn't this causing an unstopable growth in files (read website)?

I'm not criticising just being nosy  :D

#5 dangermouse

dangermouse

    The mobile chicane

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SRMZ/GPLR London, UK
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 22 2008 - 03:38 PM

View PostMECH, on Jul 22 2008, 09:26 PM, said:

Why is this limitation? To prevent people from removing all files?
Basically, yes. Once you've put a file out in the aether why delete files and frustrate users?


:wave:

#6 Luna

Luna

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted Jul 23 2008 - 12:01 AM

Surely someone should be able to withdraw their own files anytime they want to? If this "frustrates" other users that's too bad; it's not really any one else's business anyway... ;)

#7 ntoxcated

ntoxcated

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Auckland, New Zealand
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 23 2008 - 12:14 AM

View PostLuna, on Jul 23 2008, 06:01 PM, said:

Surely someone should be able to withdraw their own files anytime they want to? If this "frustrates" other users that's too bad; it's not really any one else's business anyway... ;)

Just to play devil's advocate, surely if something has been placed in the public domain then hasn't it actually become public business?  :rolleyes:

#8 Luna

Luna

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted Jul 23 2008 - 12:03 PM

No. :rolleyes:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links