dboy19

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 16 2016 - 11:32 PM

Is anyone using a logitech G920 or G29 wheel in GPL? I am using a G920 but have no force feedback in GPL but I do in other sims. Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems.Thanks in advance

#2 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Apr 17 2016 - 05:36 AM

Is it activated in your core.ini?

#3 dboy19

dboy19

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted Apr 17 2016 - 11:24 AM

Yes it is activated

#4 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,247 posts

Posted Apr 17 2016 - 12:41 PM

There seems to be some issue with the FFB with this wheel

http://www.nogriprac...ad.php?t=360297

#5 dboy19

dboy19

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted Apr 17 2016 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for the information Bob

#6 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Supporter
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Apr 18 2016 - 02:04 AM

I think I read somewhere there's a firmware update available somewhere for these wheels. Where you get it from, how you apply it and whether it'll solve your problem in GPL I don't know :idunno:

Probably the Logitech website is the place to start. Edit: here it is:  http://support.logit...-force#download

Good luck!

Edited by Fat Rich, Apr 18 2016 - 02:05 AM.

#7 dboy19

dboy19

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted Apr 18 2016 - 02:22 PM

I just heard about this myself on Logitech's website. Like you said it may or may not help but I guess it's worth a try. Thanks for your help.

#8 Ninni

Ninni

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Aug 20 2016 - 03:10 AM

Now does the FF ?

#9 dboy19

dboy19

Dan Gurney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted Aug 20 2016 - 08:57 AM

No did not help FF

#10 Hondaman

Hondaman

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted Dec 10 2016 - 04:21 PM

I was tempted to buy one but reading this is pretty discouraging.

[EDIT]
I did buy one after all. No problems (with a 7 year old PC)

Edited by Hondaman, Dec 18 2016 - 04:45 PM.

#11 Paddy the Irishman

Paddy the Irishman

Paddy the Irishman

• Supporter
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:GPL; Model Cars; Photography. Assetto Corsa

Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:13 PM

I have just bought a G920, which works well with the latest patch which is linked from # 6 above.  However, two problems, first.in GPL any screen resolution other than 640X480 causes the game to crash.  I am using Win 10 and tried both of the v2 rasterisers.

I use the GPL configuration given to me by the software, but can not find how to restrict the wheel rotation to 540 as I had it set for my DFP.
I haven't tried to install/calibrate the H shifter yet so I may be back ! - it works in Assetto Corsa though and the display is OK there also

Brake actuation requires a very hard application. I may do the 'remove the rubber thing in the pedal' (see Youtube) and see if my brake mod on the GPL Ultimate Links page (Braking in SimsPaddy's variable resistor mod) can be done, but don't want to do anything too drastic while the kit is still so new, :blink:

I will be away from home for a fortnight so I wont be able to respond till I return :dino:

P.S. GTR2 and hence 'Power and Glory' crash also.

Edited by Paddy the Irishman, Aug 08 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#12 deezdog

deezdog

Jackie Ickx

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:rfactor2, assetto corsa, rocketry , engineering

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 06:23 PM

having problems with my G920 aswell,   coming back to GPL after a few years,  found all my old files and deleted them and downloaded all the lastest ones and followed Stefan"s instruction page etc.. and set up a new separate application
the wheel works and has FFB  but I can't get the "H" pattern shifter to work.

1\ I tried the lastest GPLshift---   doesn't work  in either GLP exe   or GEM+ in reading the notes it might only run G25  G27

2\ tried the fairshift app   it actually works in the GPL exe 1.3  , but will not work in GEM+   , when you turn on fairshift  and  run GEM+  you have no H shifter  and a fault box comes up saying "Win32 Exception access is denied"  so I have to run it as an administrator all the time,  which is fine. change your setting to suit

3\ it seems to work with all the extra's ticked in GEM+   60 fpsv2nemod patch , 77dv4 no letterbox , 77e v 1.0 headmovement  ,  78av2 pressure bug fix

4\ have tried it in GPL65( my favourite)   and formula 2 67( second fav) all seems well.    4GB patch works well

I know I've waffled on a bit  but  if just one person reads this and it helps them that'll be FAB    and I hope it is a bit of feed back for the developers

my RIG Geforce GTX 970

driver version  385.41

intel core i5-4670-- 3.40GHz

16G ram

1920  x  1080  60Hz

Acer G sync XB270H  monitor   max 144Hz

Logitech G920 +  shifter

Edited by deezdog, Sep 28 2017 - 03:02 AM.

#13 Paddy the Irishman

Paddy the Irishman

Paddy the Irishman

• Supporter
  • 829 posts

Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:19 PM

I have only just got around to using my G920 and found the wheel to be very good, but I can not get the H shifter to work. I have spent a VERY long time trying all the answers on the Fairshift Readme and # 2 in deezdog's post above.  Whatever I try, the H pattern does not work. Most times if anything works, 1st gear gives 'Gear up' and 2nd gear gives 'Gear down'. which has been assigned to the paddles in the GPL calibration window',

The only thing that I have not managed to try  from the readme is `"In case everything looks fine in FairShift itself but in GPL theres just no respond (or weird) to your wheel: Set in GPL the gear up and gear down on KP+ and KP- ".  Where do I find to place KP+ and KP- ?

It may be of interest that  I have modified the brake in a somewhat similar manner to that linked  in my post # 11 above, dismantled the pedal box; took OUT the very hard rubber 'lozenge' and replaced it by a softer rubber 'lozenge' ( which was a piece left over from my previous squash ball !) and wired a 10Kohm variable resistor in the wire that is nearest the floor off the brake pot. Used a mono Audio socket and plug to the external pot and adjust as the first time  There are a few Youtube videos on how to dismantle the pedal box, which show where the 'hidden' screws are.
I dont want to be stuck with paddles as shift so has anybody got a solution please ?  :felix:

:dino:

#14 one2fwee

one2fwee

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 15 2017 - 04:55 PM

I am guessing that KP+ and KP- means the numpad (keypad) + and - buttons on the keyboard?

In terms of your variable resister mod, are you basically using it to cap the brake pressure so it only allows you to brake up to a maximum percentage (say 70% for example)?

Cos I'm pretty sure you could use something like DXTweak to do this in software without having to solder.

Mind you if you really into all that and want a truly pressure based brake pedal, you could order a load cell online and make your own load cell based pedals / fit it to existing ones.

#15 Paddy the Irishman

Paddy the Irishman

Paddy the Irishman

• Supporter
  • 829 posts

Posted Nov 16 2017 - 04:05 AM

One2fwee you are a star :thumbup:.

I have just tried numpad entry and the result appears on the control settings in GPL.  Working on my laptop, away from my wheel at the moment but will connect everything up later on today and see what happens.  I have also put Fairshift and GEM+ working on the same 'Compatibility' setting so perhaps that will help.

In regard to the braking, I preferred to use an electrical method rather than DXtweak for various reasons. I also tried a load cell but ordered one that required too much pressure and gave up because it was getting rather expensive for the uncertain benefit.

If you are interested, take a look at :-http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=6418#entry56864 for the 'electrical' brake mod and http://srmz.net/inde...=7933&st=0  for the 'load cell efforts'  Mu recollection is that I ordered a 100lb cell which cost me about £25 and when it did not work I decided that another £25 or so was too much to experiment with  when I was happy with what I had'

I will report back on the result of  the Key Pad entries later today.  Thanks again for putting me on the right track.

.  :dino:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links