- - - - -

How To Edit Car Info And Swap Engines In Gpl?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tormentor

Tormentor

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 03 2018 - 04:29 AM

Hello guys!

Sorting out my performance problems, the key was a fresh install and adding all the updates one after another to my gpl directory. GPL (1967) runs now on rock solid 36 FPS in all its glory with ultra hardcore settings by Stefan Roess. GPL is back on top, i love it!

But i have a problem. I have a second gpl install with the Lotus43 (H16 engine)  and the McLaren M5a (Eagle engine) installed, and years ago i swapped the engines and edited the car info screens:

Posted Image

Problem, i have no idea how the f*ck i did this? I have to built a new exe file for this install and need to add this informations and swap the engines again, but can't find an utilitty for this? Was it called Engine manager or somewhat? And how to edit the car info?

Thanks to all, if anybody got a tool for this, please upload it.

#2 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Dec 03 2018 - 07:33 AM

Did you try the new 67 XMOD?
I think it has also those extra cars in their full glory.

#3 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted Dec 04 2018 - 04:44 AM

The '66 mod includes the BRM powered Lotus 43 too.

#4 Tormentor

Tormentor

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted Dec 04 2018 - 05:28 AM

Thanks for your replys guys, but i really just need the engine manager. So please everybody look thrue your hard disks, the program is'nt available online somewhere. Thanks!

#5 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted Dec 04 2018 - 07:47 AM

I think that program was deliberately put out of availability to prevent cheats in online racing... But surely somebody still have it in some old and dusty HD. :)

Marcos

#6 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted Dec 04 2018 - 08:07 AM

View Postmcmirande, on Dec 04 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

I think that program was deliberately put out of availability to prevent cheats in online racing... But surely somebody still have it in some old and dusty HD.

I believe that is true.  I don't see a legitimate reason for that program to exist now that cars such as the Lotus 43 are available in other mods.

#7 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted Dec 04 2018 - 11:23 AM

i can understand someone wanting it, despite the car types being available in other mods.
#1 someone doesn't want the other mods, doesn't have HD space (?) or knowledge to install
#2 how does it affect the other mods, or even the standard 67 with things like pribluda
#3 maybe only for offline vs Ai

at one time i considered allowing the program to be used in oAo, as long as everyone knew that it was possible to use, and WHO was using it.
but it did not happen for obvious reasons.

doesn't R/A have the ability to check for mismatched engine/chassis?

#8 John Water

John Water

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Too many.
    Motorsport: MotoGP

Posted Dec 04 2018 - 01:27 PM

Hello Tormentor,

Excuse for my English.
Also I begin GPL not about GEM+, but, in GUIs summarised, adjusted exe files.

The entries are at the given place in the exe file, seven vehicles (Brabham to Honda) together.
I add three Sreenshots of the Eagle and Lotus.
Green: Cubic capacity (cc)
Blue: Rotations (RPM)
Brown: Valves
Pink ones: Cylinder
Yellow: Construction form (00=V, 01=H)

An example:
A vehicle owns 405 HP. 405 Dec = 195 Hex. You must put down: 95 01.
Or: 123 HP: 123 Dec = 7B Hex.  Entry: 7B 00.

Something try, then it works.
Harald

Attached Files

#9 John Water

John Water

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Too many.
    Motorsport: MotoGP

Posted Dec 04 2018 - 01:33 PM

The red marked area is of course HP (BHP)

#10 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted Dec 04 2018 - 02:10 PM

John, but I guess in that way you only change the numbers in that screen, not the physics, isn't it?

Cheers, Marcos

#11 Tormentor

Tormentor

Jo Bonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted Dec 05 2018 - 08:31 AM

Ok guys, just to end this discussion...

There was a time without mods, physic changes, GEM+ and so on. And there was a group called GPLEA ( i am sure everebody knows that guys...)
GPLEA created many cars, to many for a single GPL install. So, i just did a second and third GPL install on my hd.
First was the 1967 season with the standart Papy cars with GPLEA updates (BT24, T81, P83, 312-36V, RA300 and Lotus49) and the 1967 tracks.
Second was the 1967 season with other GPLEA and addon cars (BT20, T81B, P115, 312-48V, RA273, M5A and Lotus43) and 1967 tracks + hundreds of addon tracks. In this install i changed the exe file and maped the Honda engine to the M5A and the BRM engine to the Lotus43 and changed the car info screen.
Third install is for even other cars like the Eagle without nosecone, the 273 with black exhaust (Nürburgring), the Parkes Ferrari, a privat BT20, Lotus49 with gold leaf colors - all with standart papy physics and even more addon tracks.
Its all just for pure offline racing and hotlapping.

The problem was, all exe-files were patched with Digital Display Modifier (dont know why and who did this), which gave me massive (!!!!!!) performance problems. I was able to recreate all exe files for the mods i have and for GPL(1) and GPL(3), but with a new exe for GPL(2) i lost the information and angine swap. The problem is solved now, after a long search i found this DDM tool and unpatched the GPL(2) exe. Now everything is ok, runs perfectly with highest setting possible. The Lotus43 still has the H16 and the M5A the Honda V12. All good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links