Any ideas to resolve it?
GPL FAQ and troubleshooting guide
Posted Sep 28 2010 - 03:54 PM
Any ideas to resolve it?
Posted Oct 01 2010 - 03:12 AM
Any ideas to resolve it?
GeForce 9800GT ForceWare 258.96 Windows 7 32b.
I received an answer from nVidia on my question:
"I'm sorry but Conformant texture Clamp is no longer included in the User Interface nor are registry keys for this function supported anymore."
Posted Oct 01 2010 - 04:11 AM
No, I use old OpenGL rasterizer. New OGLv2 has serious problem - enabling FSAA 4x and better causing slide-show in game.
Sorry for my English
Posted Oct 01 2010 - 09:50 AM
1 - unplug the g27 USB while the computer is on
2 - plug it back in after a minute
3 - start GPL
4 - in the options > game controllers window hit calibrate joystick
5 - run the wheel to the right, then to the left full range
6 - press the pedals through teir full ranges (you mihgt want to hit the small yellow arrow at the bottom of that window to see all the axes)
7 - hit OK
8 - now, and not before this, assign the axes. The steering wheel must be turned right if I remember right (see what direction it says on the screen)
Posted Oct 01 2010 - 09:53 AM
Just left Jim Clark in the sand at the Parabolica, so had better go and sort that out.
Posted Jun 30 2011 - 12:19 PM
I suppose it's got something to do with the video card, though.
Here's the problem:
When trying to enter a racing circuit, the game freezes and finally crashes.
- Windows 7 system
- used game version: Demo 2004, version 220.127.116.11*
- installed modifications:
- individually designed cars and driver portraits
- varikkostoppi (pitstops made possible)
- new rasterizers OGLv2 and D3Dv2
- 1965 mod
- altered keyboard controls to GP2 standard ([A] [Y] [,] [.] german keyboard layout)
- we're not using GEM, iGOR or VROC. I implemented the changes (carset, pribluda, etc.) with GEM+ though.
- no joysticks or steering wheels used
- I'm working with the exact same version of the game (I installed and set it up for him) on a windows 7 professional system and everything's perfectly fine.
*: I've got a bought retail version of the game too, of course. No cheating here. I just thought the demo was better suited for us, since we wanted to heavily customize the game and not use any of the basic tracks anyway. As I'm seeing it, we "built" ourselves a stand-alone mod, though we're not trying to "sell" it in any form as a new product. Just a custom stand alone thing. Everybody knows we're using different mods from different members of the GPL community.
What I already tried to solve the problem:
- run as administrator, combined with different compatibility modes
- run as administrator, without compatibility
- change rasterizer (he went through all of them, no change at all, game still freezes)
What I told him to do, but don't know if he tried it already (I'm doubting it though)
- get latest video card drivers
- check if files are read-only (can't be since we're using the same version) <- I found this proposition in the first posting here.
Stuff I (sort of) ruled out:
- Can't be the sound patch problem since that should occur to me and the other players as well.
- I don't think the player file is corrupted either since he can access the player section without any trouble
- I think he uses a dual core PC (so do I) but I absolutely won't tell him to alter his BIOS in any way. Sounds too risky to me and I don't think that's the problem we're facing, too.
Unfortunately I don't really know anything else about what video card this guy is using or what exactly happens.
I know that he is trying to start a race and succeeds in entering the overview with the replay screen in the top-right corner, but each time he tries to actually get on the track by pressing the green flag - the game just freezes. No idea why.
OK, forget about it. He now told me his computer isn't working anymore.
Edited by Stainaz, Jun 30 2011 - 01:04 PM.
Posted Jul 07 2011 - 12:27 PM
Crash to desktop (CTD):
- Sometimes GEM will erroneously save season.ii files with UTF-8 encoding which causes a CTD. Make sure that the files are saved (File > Save As...) with ANSI encoding.
Other – Miscellaneous:
Problems with Season or other ini files
1- Make sure that the files are saved (File > Save As...) with ANSI encoding. Sometimes GEM will erroneously save it with UTF-8 encoding.
I was mucking about with my 67 season with GEM and what the heck I get a CTD!!! Oh NO what did I do.
Any how I spend an hour trying to undo whatever I did and basically go back to square one.
(which was a bunch of nice tweaks to my 67 season file LOST!!!)
Thanks for the FAQ that saved me from a complete cerebral meltdown... my GPL install is way to complex to rebuild
Posted Sep 12 2011 - 02:31 AM
Posted May 02 2012 - 10:18 PM
Posted May 03 2012 - 01:21 PM
Posted May 03 2012 - 02:30 PM
I'm very much a rookie in regards to a lot of the technical bits in GPL. I played around with it last night, and figured out I had older rasterizers. Now with OpenGLV2 the lines in the sky are gone (and things are looking prettier). I couldn't get D3D to work (all the buttons and menu items disappear), but I'm not too worried about that unless there is an advantage in using d3d.
Thanks for the quick response. I just logged on to delete my comment since it is working now.
Posted Jul 16 2012 - 06:06 PM
Does anyone have advice as to how I can improve the sound. I am currently using on board sound; Realtek High Definition Audio. I have downloaded newer drivers. Adjusted the ini files to reduce sound quality and mono. I adjusted slider bar in control panel for sampling and for acceleration. Also changed setting from stereo to mono. These changes have helped. The sound is good enough that I can live with it, but I would really like to upgrade to a sound card.
My computer can only use sound cards with a PCI Bus (old computer). Any recommendations?
Posted Oct 29 2012 - 08:07 AM
I just reinstalled GPL after a long time with the 1.06 installer. It all went fine and thanks to all involved for the smooth way of installation. I have a small problem concerning the menus. I use the V2 rasterizers and the menu is shifted downwards and to the right. On the track every thing is fine. This happens in OGL and D3D. I can't see the green an red buttons but I can click "blind" below the edge to enter a race or the options etc. Maybe someone knows a solution for that, or it is already solved and I can't find the thread.
Specs: W7/64 Nvidia GTS250 Intel i3
Thanks and regards
Edited by rainer61, Oct 29 2012 - 08:45 AM.
Posted Oct 29 2012 - 08:46 AM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users