Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends, Rally racing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 15 2014 - 04:13 AM

Chimay 2K2 original track by Jean-François Bovy
Get the track, AI fix and some more here: http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=3054

Chimay 2K2 Nicolas Update
Just to finish my goal of having all real Belgian racetracks currently existing in GPL with nice graphics, I've taken a quick go at Chimay. As I'm not too fond of this track layout and it uses a lot of cubic shapes and repeated textures, it wasn't the most compelling track for me to update. But I pushed through and the end result is at least nicer than what it was. So, have fun with it!

Installation
First install Chimay2k2, the AI fix and the Remy graphics updates, see link above.
Next, just unzip the Nicolas Update into your Tracks/Chimay2k2 folder and allow to overwrite.

Have fun!

Attached File  page0.jpg   80.33K   128 downloads

Attached File  15-09-2014 11-49-55.jpg   106.88K   173 downloads

Attached File  15-09-2014 11-53-33.jpg   106.89K   208 downloads

Attached File  15-09-2014 11-59-12.jpg   87.69K   144 downloads

Attached Files

#2 stimpy

stimpy

Stimpy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Simracing - Music - Motorcycle

Posted Sep 15 2014 - 07:01 AM

Thanks for you're graphic updates, the screenshots sure do look nice....as I am from Belgium I appriciate you're work for all the Belgian track updates :thumbup:
Currently I don't have te time to check those updates out....in a month I'll do :wave:

Edited by stimpy, Sep 15 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#3 delgs

delgs

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted Sep 15 2014 - 10:32 AM

Great series of updates, I'll try this later, but it looks great. Thank you, Nicholas, for all your work on these Belgian circuits.

It would be sooooo great if GPL one day has the original, full Chimay circuit, much more suited to "our" period of racing. And a beautiful track it would be, too. I've followed the old route around on google streetview, and it is all really rather pretty!  I know it would be a HUGE project to do properly, and to current GPL standards, however.  

Posted Image

#4 Nicolas

Nicolas

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted Sep 15 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'm a bit done with just texture updates now, so now I want to make a track. Original Chimay seems like just what I'd want. Don't expect Spa67 standards though. :) No start date, no deadline, it's the first track I'll ever try to create so not even a guarantee that it will lead to a finished product. But I'll give it a try using the info in the WIKI.

Edited by Nicolas, Sep 15 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#5 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted Sep 15 2014 - 04:18 PM

thanks and good success with your track building, Nicolas!

Cheers

#6 delgs

delgs

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 02:02 PM

Nicolas, that would be fantastic, to see Chimay as it should be. Take your time, I'm sure the finished result will be worth it. Especially if the graphics are up to the standard of your updates so far :-)

#7 Nicolas

Nicolas

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 03:11 PM

I'm currently driving a very rough version of the full 1972 Chimay, just to get the feel of the track. For 10.45km, it goes fast. It doesn't feel like a very long track and is easy to memorize, even with the current same-all-over-the-place decor. I've put the track width at only 8m which is what I guestimated from the looks of these public roads, at some places it will be even less. That limited width makes the fast parts of the track more interesting. Adding altitude changes will bring some more challenge to the track. It will be a fun one! Maybe not the most fun track ever, but certainly a lot more interesting layout than the current Chimay track. It will be a huge task though, 250 sections and 10450m is a lot to dress up. :)

Edited by Nicolas, Sep 21 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#8 jonny'o

jonny'o

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 07:44 PM

:up:

#9 Iestyn16

Iestyn16

Tom Pryce

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 07:47 PM

Wow, you work quickly Nicolas! :wizard:

It's always been a dream of mine to drive the historic Chimay layout.. I was secretly hoping you would attempt to build it, perhaps to again improve the Belgian track set, and now you have started on it for your first track.. :wow: Amazing! :cake:

PS. Nivelles is up in Igor, on Hauls2 with 67F2s, if anyone wants to see how your Nivelles update drives. JonnyO was also testing the Chimay 2002 update online earlier too! :GotPics:

Edited by Iestyn16, Sep 21 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#10 Marx

Marx

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends, Power & Glory Mod V3.2 for GTR2, Nascar Racing 2003, Assetto Corsa, Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Aug 04 2018 - 03:13 PM

Nicholas,

Is there any update since September 2014? Would it be possible to share the rough version of the original 10.5K track? Would be great for the 1955 Mod.

Marx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nicolas, Update, Chimay, Belgium, textures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links