Also, there seems a lack of randomness to the BHP your motor put out on any particular race. There is no sense of "the boys back at the shop gave me a great motor today" or "power was off just a bit off today".
Seeing what Olaf Lehmann has done with engine power in his DirtgearPatch, got me thinking how it might be possible to better simulate how hard drivers ran their motors back in the day.
1,191 Views · 58 Replies ( Last reply by Lee200 )
No changes to the layout, just graphics.
- Improved horizon textures in TV Cam views.
- Smoother draw distances transitions which should reduce lock ups especially with high poly cars over Deers Leap.
- Eliminated a few very distant graphic pop ups.
- Added a few new 3do's and improved the random distribution of others.
- Added an Option on my download page for "Simpler Grasses" which should assist improve frame rates for those who wish to try that. Reversible.
- Added an Option LITE track 3DO which eliminates Track Sounds, all Field / Track side Grasses and all Hedgerow Plants, taking 15,500 objects out of the track to improve frame rates for those having trouble running the Full version. Reversible.
- Added an Option to eliminate the invisible wall LHS at the Hairpin for use in Training and / or On Line. Not suitable for racing the AI.
- Added a SERVER set of files for On Line Administrators.
All Zips containing these files have explanatory Readme's within.
The Full Build 1.1 Installer will be live soon, but in the meantime, anyone who already has the first build can download the UPDATE Patch which will make your existing version into the FULL Build 1.1 version.
My thanks again to
Stefan Roess for hosting the installer.
Greg [ Gliebzeit ] for his detailed contributions to refining draw distances.
Ginetto for his suggestion to reduce the complexity of the field grasses.
Pavel for testing and for suggesting I do something about the invisible wall at the hairpin.
TomJ for testing.
249 Views · 8 Replies ( Last reply by TomJ )
Does anyone know for sure if GPL randomly gives engine "health" capabilities at the start of a race?
I mean: Do we all have a new/100% engine at the start of race ?
With different characteristics for each team (ie Honda broke more than Repco for sure, it's another problem...).
I ask this question because I have noticed that sometimes my engine breaks for no reason, without over-revving or shock.
144 Views · 4 Replies ( Last reply by Alekhine )
87 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by Michkov )
273 Views · 14 Replies ( Last reply by dbell84 )
Tracks For The Usac '73 Mod
Elijahroberson - Yesterday, 10:18 AM
Dundrod 1955 Update To Build 1.1
Jim Pearson - Yesterday, 03:00 AM
Gpl Random Engine Health ?
Alekhine - Yesterday, 02:25 AM
"improving" Engine Reliability
stuboyle - Apr 08 2021 - 08:26 AM
Can Do You Do A Race With No Ai?
stuboyle - Apr 07 2021 - 07:49 AM
68 Mod Eagle Sound
ptmac3 - Apr 06 2021 - 07:09 PM
Major Systems Failure
Dronzo - Apr 06 2021 - 01:43 PM
Anyone familiar with GitHub and interest in helping maintain GPLLINKS.ORG please contact by PM.Show comments (1)
Working still on update Tronaasen track, assume I am finished after Easter
GPLMotec v1141 updated (see the post #131)
Bing, Google, Lee200, Cookie, Stefano, Pete Gaimari, sok30188, fortine_oo, Michkov, gplnut, CJ44, mcmirande, SILVERFOX, Pavel, kuratko, MalBound, tikfas, xug, GrandPrixYannick