- - - - -

My Own Gpl Rank Getting Worse, Can I Fix It ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nokiabrier

Nokiabrier

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Curling
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 06:52 PM

Hi all, back in 2005, I got intensely into GPL, and I managed to get my GPL Rank down from +150 to -14 within about 8 months. I was so proud, I decided to start my Monster Rank, and I made an Excel spreadsheet with all my track PBs, all times sorted by car, by track and a big list with my 77 laps all compared to each other with the benchmark percentages. Then I moved and couldn't play the game for many years. Then in early 2008, I had to format and I made NO BACKUP of my \SIERRA\GPL\ folder (especially those 77 replays !) The next year, I bought a new wheel (Black Momo Force) and reinstalled GPL. Great fun as usual. I had my fair share of offs and spins on my first laps, so my player.ini had those bad laps in it.

And then, I managed to improve my Mexico PB to 1'49.75. Yay ! I'll upload my player.ini to GPL Rank ! To my surprise, some of my other laps had been worsened. And my Rank went up to -11. Looking at my GPL Rank history, it's like if all I had done since May 2005 was deleted.

Here is my Monster Rank page : http://gplrank.schue...nster=1,1,14561

And here is my Excel list.
Attached File  Monster_List.JPG   404.46K   18 downloads

So is there a way to change my player.ini so it shows the times I really did ? And would doing so fix my GPL Rank figures ?

Cheers
M├Ąth

#2 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 11:16 AM

When you reinstalled GPL and started playing it again, you should have gone to the GPLRank website and regenerated your player.ini file from your uploaded lap times. That would have avoided the problem you have now. Whenever you upload times to GPLRank, it uses the uploaded times as your rank values, even if the lap times are worse than the previous ones.

The simplest way to fix your current problem is to manually edit your player.ini file, and change the lap times to match those in your spreadsheet. You will have to convert the laps to seconds, of course, so your 8:20.701 in the Lotus at Nurburgring will become 500.701 seconds. The date and time when you set the lap record is encoded into system time format, so it will be difficult to change that - I suggest you don't bother as it's not really important.

After you have finished editing, upload your player.ini file to GPLRank, and you should have your old lap times back again. And GPLRank will automatically recalculate your rank scores.

Good luck!

#3 Nokiabrier

Nokiabrier

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Curling

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 03:49 PM

Done that, wored great :) I first thought I should have done that before, but I was not really sure as to how moral that would be. But now that I've been told to do so, why not, hehe :P

#4 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Feb 22 2013 - 11:59 PM

Been there, done that.

Don't forget, with GPLRank, you can go back in time! Simply click on 'Generate ini file' and you can choose the date to go back to. Check the history first, so you know when your times were at their best.

You can then cut and paste from the generated ini file to your player.ini. No 'immoral' manual editing required.

Of course there's a lot of fun in trying to do a better time than your old time too!

Cheers
David

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links