- - - - -

Gplra Flashes-Off My Desktop When I Launch It. (Solved)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stuboyle

stuboyle

Stuart Boyle

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 28 2021 - 04:06 PM

When I launch GPLRA it flashes-off the left side of my desktop.  It is either minimized or the window is beyond the side of my desktop and can't move it back on my desktop.  I wonder if it has to do with one of these new "features" in Windows 10.  Either way, I'm stuck and can't figure-out to maximize the it.  Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks,

Stuart

Edited by stuboyle, Mar 31 2021 - 06:27 AM.

#2 Saiph

Saiph

Driving 4 Team BDS #JC4PM

• Supporter
  • 2,332 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Mar 28 2021 - 05:19 PM

Try holding the Windows key, then pressing each of the left/right/up/down arrow keys. At some point, this should (I think :crossfingers: ) move the application window to different positions on your desktop. Once the window is visible, resize it manually by dragging one or more corners with the mouse. After that, hopefully Windows should remember the window position correctly when you next start it up.

Windows 10 has a lot of keyboard shortcuts which can speed things up, but the problem is they are not documented very well, and it's a nightmare trying to remember them!

#3 stuboyle

stuboyle

Stuart Boyle

• Supporter
  • 231 posts

Posted Mar 30 2021 - 03:20 PM

View PostSaiph, on Mar 28 2021 - 05:19 PM, said:

Try holding the Windows key, then pressing each of the left/right/up/down arrow keys. At some point, this should (I think :crossfingers: ) move the application window to different positions on your desktop. Once the window is visible, resize it manually by dragging one or more corners with the mouse. After that, hopefully Windows should remember the window position correctly when you next start it up.

Windows 10 has a lot of keyboard shortcuts which can speed things up, but the problem is they are not documented very well, and it's a nightmare trying to remember them!

Thanks for your tips.  I was able to minimize, maximize the GPLRA but "restore" was greyed out.  I tried GPLRA on my laptop and I don't have the problem.  So it is probably is an issue specific to my Windows install on my desktop/racing PC.  I will try uninstalling and reinstalling.

#4 stuboyle

stuboyle

Stuart Boyle

• Supporter
  • 231 posts

Posted Mar 30 2021 - 04:17 PM

Okay I finally solved the problem.  I right-clicked on the taskbar and selected "show windows side by side".  GPLRA suddenly opened and it wasn't maximized.  I could resized the window.  Then I closed it and reopened and problem was solved!

#5 Saiph

Saiph

Driving 4 Team BDS #JC4PM

• Supporter
  • 2,332 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Mar 30 2021 - 05:52 PM

:up:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links