Posted Dec 21 2009 - 01:16 PM
First up the Alfa GTA #63
Setup included in archive, AlfaGoodwood.rar 77.49K 39 downloads
later Fiat Abarth Group5, Renault Alpine, Lotus Elan
beat me(which is easy...i'm not Asa )
Posted Dec 24 2009 - 02:23 AM
I've had some laps too, but they are not yet satisfying me. I've been down to high 1:30 but that included some trickery: I used inner greens to make the car turn faster (no real "cutting" tho), but that is not what I'm looking after. I guess you'll be seeing a lowish 1:31 at some point (I'm already hitting them ). That seems pretty doable atm
Posted Dec 24 2009 - 06:59 AM
next up: everyones favorite Fiat Abarth
managed a 1:37.9 think there might be a 1/2 second less for me in it
AbarthGoodwood.rar 75.35K 25 downloads
Edited by Dorpnegen, Dec 24 2009 - 07:00 AM.
Posted Dec 24 2009 - 04:53 PM
Posted Dec 25 2009 - 02:00 AM
I haven't used (ever?) the TimeTrialInstaller, so I'm not sure how well it works (with multiple GTR2 / PnG choices) ..
But manually it goes something like this:
1) TimeTrial folders are directly below your PnG installation. Every installation will have their own TimeTrial folder. The name of the folder is TIMETRIAL.
2) Under TIMETRIAL folders there are subfolders for every track you have *used*. If you just installed the track, you'd better start it once before wondering where to put the timetrial file(s) (when you start the track in timetrial mode, it will create the correct folder for it). So the path for Goodwood timetrials will be: ......\PnGinstallationfolder\TIMETRIAL\Goodwood\
3) Just copy the *.GTT files under the correct folder, start PnG in TimeTrial mode (DO NOT use the "SkipOutlap" option unless you know how it screws your experience and what can you do with it).
4) You need to *manually* load the timetrial, the pics are pointing the key areas for the whole process. Click on the timetrial you want to use; it will turn yellow, then click on LOAD. After those you can start your race.
5) If you want to save *YOUR* lap as a timetrial, use the SAVE button seen in pic3. (It won't save the loaded ghost lap even if your lap has been slower). Also the displayed ghost will be updated automatically by your lap if you make a faster lap (unless Persistent mode is on).
GTR2_2009_12_25_09_29_52_50.jpg 38.64K 13 downloads
GTR2_2009_12_25_09_30_18_54.jpg 38.16K 15 downloads
GTR2_2009_12_25_09_30_41_84.jpg 36.24K 16 downloads
Edited by aSa, Dec 25 2009 - 02:04 AM.
Posted Dec 25 2009 - 04:35 AM
Posted Dec 25 2009 - 03:11 PM
Here's one lone GTA after some better times. Got 1:31.177. Looks pretty wobbly, some turns I could nail pretty well, I think (in my standards, whatever they are), but lost a bit at some other turns as they tend to get long/wide. Can't take the LAST left any closer.. a real shaver.
I put the used setup also as it differs so much from D's setup. I have to say again that I don't have ANY science behing my setups (I don't like to "do" them) I just turn knobs until it behaves better.
Posted Dec 25 2009 - 03:44 PM
Posted Dec 25 2009 - 05:02 PM
Also attached my Abarth lap, chased aSa for about 10 laps and almost beat it a couple of times only to see him pull away slightly each time.
Edited by Burnsy865, Dec 26 2009 - 03:38 AM.
Posted Dec 27 2009 - 07:08 PM
Posted Dec 28 2009 - 03:06 AM
just can't go any faster with the GTA, or any other car for that matter... I'll just blame it on my old age
my lap with Alpine default setup + usual changes for fuel/steeringlock & some to gears
Dorpnegen___1_33_323_AlpineGWoo.GTT 76.3K 8 downloads
and also the Elan
again default setup + usual changes for fuel/steeringlock
Dorpnegen___1_29_192ElanGwood.GTT 70.71K 8 downloads
Posted Dec 28 2009 - 01:02 PM
nothing fancy on my setups. Softer tyres, less pressure, little more camber and anti-roll bar and better gear ratio settings.
Alpine_1300.rar 763bytes 19 downloads
GTA.rar 751bytes 17 downloads
Posted Dec 29 2009 - 05:12 AM
Posted Jan 03 2010 - 07:22 AM
Almost default setups, except Cobra 289 roadster where I use eliandi's setup Cobra_289_vert_hard.rar 773bytes 10 downloads with reduced fuel & gear ratio.
Rape___1_23_053_RSR.GTT 46.13K 6 downloads
Rape___1_24_802_C2_l88.GTT 49.44K 7 downloads
Rape___1_24_909_Cobra.GTT 50.21K 9 downloads
Rape___1_26_116_P914.GTT 47.04K 9 downloads
Rape___1_28_650_Cobra_289.GTT 50.26K 8 downloads
Edited by Rampe69, Jan 03 2010 - 07:25 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users